• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I Made the Mistake of Shipping My Watch Back to China for a Minor Issue

Miwatchlover

Looking Around
24/1/21
Original Title: Puretime bad service experience

First off I have to say the buying experience was great. The product, once received was great. Unfortunately after a short period the bracelet broke. Upon contacting puretime (Rainy) they advised to return it and they would repair it. Following their instructions I sent the watch back. It was received in customs on 12/23 and it's been there ever since. I've contacted puretime three times to ask their advice and assistance and all I get is "please wait". I've received no help, they've made no offer to contact customs, they've made suggestion to me or tried to resolve through replacement.

What I would say is if you get your watch and it doesn't break your great, but don't rely on them to repair it. They don't care once they've sold it. That's $528 usd I spent to wear a watch for less than a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

KaraokeLover007

Horology Curious
10/1/21
Sending back and forth to China is a gamble. I'd honestly have just bought a replacement bracket with a jeweler. Probably easier than sending it back to them. I know it's the principle but customs slows stuff down so much.

Ecy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
Unfortunately with Customs the sender typically would start the inquiry to see what happened. Puretime can't do much.

How did you fill out customs forms? Is it stuck in domestic or Chinese customs? What shipper did you use and what speed of service?

Its just like when receiving a watch, the recipient needs to wait. Even if the sender begins an inquiry, it doesn't speed it up. Might not even be a good thing. Also, what you put on the customs forms may need to be different than what was put on the forms when sent to you.

Miwatchlover

Looking Around
24/1/21
Ecy,

Thanks for the thought. I followed the instructions from puretime, both in terms of type of mail and what to put on the forms. The package is held in Chinese customs. What I was told by the us mail is the recepient would receive a notification of what to do if anything from Chinese customs.

The issue is I continue to only get "please wait" from puretime.
​​​

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I wont sugarcoat this, how can you blame puretime for this? how on earth do you break a bracelet? wanna post a pic of the break? If something breaks its best to just have it fixed locally, or fix it yourself if you know how, but to have a title like this is just not fair to puretime.

Reactions: Hilltop and Ecy

Ecy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
Ecy,

Thanks for the thought. I followed the instructions from puretime, both in terms of type of mail and what to put on the forms. The package is held in Chinese customs. What I was told by the us mail is the recepient would receive a notification of what to do if anything from Chinese customs.

​​​

And that is all Puretime can do.

If its held in Chinese customs and sent USPS the inquiry starts with the sender. You. But USPS and China will not look into an issue until so many days pass.

USPS Priority International is 6 - 10 business days excluding customs handling time. Customs can hold an item 30 days I believe without notifying recipient as to why there is a hold. If held longer and the recipient is notified, they may not have any option to speed it up - the notice is only required to say held and why. Customs has a full 60 days to 's*** or get off the pot' so to speak, and must decide to take action or release within 60 days. Action could mean confiscate or destroy.

So if China received the package on the 24th of December, they should be sending notice around today. Give the notice a couple days to arrive, and PT may not be able to do anything. The notice could say held for inspection. Then you have until Feb 24th. This could be extended by CNY. I am not positive on Chinas holiday laws.

Please wait is all USPS and Puretime can do. Most likely an inquiry to China needs to wait 45 days until it can be filed with USPS (this could have changed and depends on service used).

Blaming Puretime because you broke a bracelet and the shipping method you used is delayed is uncalled for. Puretime cant make Customs do anything.

That is only the start of the wait. Puretime most likely needs to send the 'defective' watch back to the manufacturer for a replacement. They may only need to send the bracelet back. But, they still wait for the replacement before shipping to you. Then it ships. If 2021 is anything like 2020, expect a long wait.

I also hope you did not send USPS Priority Flat Rate or First Class. That is slower, much slower. And you cant file an inquiry. Normally if USPS tells you to just wait that is why. Normally they apologize for the delay and tell you when you can file an inquiry.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Ecy,

​​​

And just what do you want them to? Run down to the customs office and demand your counterfeit watch be handed over to them?

CNY is around the corner, perhaps that tradition be put on hold until puretime can give you answers.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for what happened.. The China customs will usually never seize any packages. So the package will be released then delivered to us or will be returned to the sender. A release could take longer because of the new year holidays and also Chinese new year holidays. We cannot do anything but to wait till customs process it to next step. I know how it feels but this is how the business works . Thank you for your understanding.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It would be nice if a mod could change the title of this thread. The OP’s issue has absolutely nothing to do with “bad service” from Puretime.

OP, it seems you joined RWI just so you could badmouth Puretime. If you’d have joined sooner and done some basic research, you’d have known what a bad idea it was to send your watch back.

Reactions: Tucker

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
“The bracelet broke” Why in the same of God did you not fix this locally?

Reactions: Tucker

KaraokeLover007

Horology Curious
10/1/21
“The bracelet broke” Why in the same of God did you not fix this locally?

Pretty much this. It's just not worth it. Just buy a decent replacement bracelet and have a jeweler or someone pop it on for you if you aren't comfortable.

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
From Reddit no doubt, as always.

Joins, moans, realises that nobody gives a shit about the unjustified tirade against a TD, fucks off - never to be heard from again.

I doubt we’ll see OP’s post count increase from ‘2’ from here on out.

Reactions: macarone and Tucker

KaraokeLover007

Horology Curious
10/1/21
From Reddit no doubt, as always.

Joins, moans, realises that nobody gives a shit about the unjustified tirade against a TD, fucks off - never to be heard from again.

I doubt we’ll see OP’s post count increase from ‘2’ from here on out.

I actually came from Reddit and did some reading knowing what I was getting into. We aren't all bad. ;)

Reactions: SlippinJimmy