• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clarity on the process required, for a newbie.

SulkinTaurus

Horology Curious
1/12/20
Hi,

New member here, so obviously have a couple questions.

I haven't bought a rep before, and am looking to make my first purchase in the next couple days. I'm hoping to get a Black Ceramic Sub. I understand that the best version is a customer piece by TC, but the next best thing is a ZZF V3, but please correct me if I am wrong. There are so many posts and debates about it, but the trend seems to imply that.
I'm also keen to make a purchase through a TD for obvious reasons, and PureTime seems to be the biggest on here so I'm looking for help with the correct process.

I've spent many an hour perusing the website, set up an account, added my favourites to my wishlist, but I'm confused as to the correct process.
Do I just treat it like any other website, adding something to a cart and just buy? My thoughts are to wait until the TD replies to my email confirming stock availability first, as I've seen a couple posts talking about how "out of stock" messages pop up after the purchase.
Admittedly, like with any long-running forum, some posts and instructions are years old, so I wanted to make sure I've got the most up-to-date info.

Once I've made the purchase I'll throw up another topic under the review section detailing the process, QC pics, etc :)

Thanks in advance for your support!

ST

Constantinthegreat

Looking Around
10/11/20
How about reading the first sticky here? Shouldn't take that much time and would answer your question nicely

SulkinTaurus

Horology Curious
1/12/20
Thanks for being my first "read the stickies, noob" :)
I thought things may have changed a bit since the first sticky on this sub-forum mainly details the mechanics of the industry itself, and is dated 2012. I've seen a few other posts on here that seem to indicate that the TD website's stock ordering systems are much more advanced now that they were 8 years ago, so wanted clarity on whether the process had changed or improved somewhat.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for being my first "read the stickies, noob" :)
I thought things may have changed a bit since the first sticky on this sub-forum mainly details the mechanics of the industry itself, and is dated 2012. I've seen a few other posts on here that seem to indicate that the TD website's stock ordering systems are much more advanced now that they were 8 years ago, so wanted clarity on whether the process had changed or improved somewhat.

The first sticky still works for this business. Please email us to check availability before ordering. Once it is confirmed in stocks, you can add to cart and check out from our website :)

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Hi,

I understand that the best version is a customer piece by TC, but the next best thing is a ZZF V3.

ST

TC never made a ceramic sub, only 5 digit models

Zzf v3, Zf or VSF

Check them all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SulkinTaurus

Horology Curious
1/12/20
TC never made a ceramic sub, only 5 digit models

Zzf v3, Zf or VSF

Check them all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I had figured it out and everything. I thought it was ZZF Vs Noob. Didn't realise TC didn't do a ceramic (I had looked at the NWBIG list)
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that VSF. Now it's an even harder decision, but I think that might just take the lead.

The first sticky still works for this business. Please email us to check availability before ordering. Once it is confirmed in stocks, you can add to cart and check out from our website :)

Yup. I have already sent you an email, first, before I posted this question actually. I'm just waiting for the confirmation response :)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Yup. I have already sent you an email, first, before I posted this question actually. I'm just waiting for the confirmation response :)

Great, thank you. We should get back to you very soon.

GrandRep

Looking Around
18/7/20
Good thread. I'm another noob in reps, and this really clarifies the buying process. Aiming for my first 2 reps soon.