• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3 PureTime watches, all in 1 package, seized by DHL. PureTime wants me to pay 50% for reshipping?

mzztxs

Horology Curious
19/11/20
Ordered 3 watches from PureTime, which unfortunately all were sent in the same package apparently via DHL and got caught by customs. I provided all the information requested, showing documents how they will destroy the watches etc., and now PureTime wants me to pay half of the original order value so they would reship me these watches. Is this normal? I thought we use TDs exactly because they would cover our backs in such unfortunate situations - especially if they didnt bother to use triangle shipping or send the watches separately in such an order.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Oh bummer man. Pretty sure other tds ship out same watches again but buyer pay the shipping fee only.
where did this happen? And what watches?

Last edited:

mzztxs

Horology Curious
19/11/20
This is in the Baltics. It even says in PureTimes FAQ that:

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PACKAGE GETS STUCK IN CUSTOMS?
If your package gets stopped in customs and confiscated please contact us, we will either refund or reship (your choice).

So I'm a bit surprised and disappointed. Hopefully they come through and we can figure this out, I wouldn't mind paying extra once the watches actually got here but to risk half of the value again just sounds rough.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Did you request DHL? It's my understanding that the dealers have all been avoiding using DHL recently because there's been a high rate of confiscation.

From their website this is their customs policy
"If your package gets stopped in customs and confiscated please contact us, we will either refund or reship (your choice).". I have not heard of them requesting 50% of the value in order to reship. My suggestion would be to open a help desk ticket and look for a moderator or admin to step in and assist. The only reason I can think of why they might be requesting this is if you requested a shipping method other than their current recommended one.

mzztxs

Horology Curious
19/11/20
No, I didn't request DHL. I was going to suggest they would triangle ship it to me or at least send the watches separately but thought I wouldn't say anything as they probably know better than me anyways. I'll wait a bit and see what they reply now, then I think you're right in that it's best to look for a mods assistance or something. Thanks!

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Hopefully they will be along to this thread shortly. Perhaps tag them in the thread to speed things up?

Fair play to you for not going straight into a defamation thread like others seem to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Prob best to open help desk ticket

mzztxs

Horology Curious
19/11/20
Hopefully they will be along to this thread shortly. Perhaps tag them in the thread to speed things up?

Fair play to you for not going straight into a defamation thread like others seem to do.
I can't edit the original post to include the tag, probably because my account is so new. If some mod wants to do that, please feel free to do so. Appreciate the help so far.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
This hobby is real horrible, sending money, good QCS yo need to be lucky, shipping and customs.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Ordered 3 watches from PureTime, which unfortunately all were sent in the same package apparently via DHL and got caught by customs. I provided all the information requested, showing documents how they will destroy the watches etc., and now PureTime wants me to pay half of the original order value so they would reship me these watches. Is this normal? I thought we use TDs exactly because they would cover our backs in such unfortunate situations - especially if they didnt bother to use triangle shipping or send the watches separately in such an order.

Sorry to hear this happen. Hope it gets resolved soon. All the best!!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
This is in the Baltics. It even says in PureTimes FAQ that:

So I'm a bit surprised and disappointed. Hopefully they come through and we can figure this out, I wouldn't mind paying extra once the watches actually got here but to risk half of the value again just sounds rough.

Whats the country?

Im from Estonia.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
OP are you sure you ordered from proper puretime site? You just signed up a few hours ago, hope it all works out.....

mzztxs

Horology Curious
19/11/20
OP are you sure you ordered from proper puretime site? You just signed up a few hours ago, hope it all works out.....

Yes. They were answering me slowly earlier but just now received a reply from Jennifer asking me to pay just the extra $20 for triangle shipping and saying they will reship the order.

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Any problems with the customs or fine to pay ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI