• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Purchase Ever

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Hi, I own several gen watches and after seeing YouTube videos warning of how good the replicas are getting I decided I'd give it a shot. I have placed an order for the ZF Black Bay GMT after doing a ton of reading on this website. I placed my order with PureTime and have paid by transferwise. I recently received an email telling me to expect QC pics soon, so I'm looking forward to seeing the watch.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Welcome aboard. Since you own gens remember that reps do have flaws, minor ones but they are not as good as a gen. Having said that, these reps are remarkably accurate and to the naked eye...almost perfect. I will warn you tho, this rabbit hole is very very slippery. Enjoy

Last edited:

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Welcome aboard. Since you own gens remember that reps do have flaws, minor ones but they are not as good as a gen. Having said that, these reps are remarkably accurate and to the naked eye...almost perfect. I will warn you tho, this rabbit hole is very very slippery. Enjoy

It's already got me in a weird spot. The Black Bay GMT was a watch I was planning on buying in gen. If it lives up to my expectations, I was thinking about buying a VC, which is not on my radar of attainable watches, which creates the dilemma. If I buy that watch I will have crossed the threshold into rocking watches which I wouldn't own in gen. I'm not sure that's a move I should be making.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
As Dr Seuss would say..."Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!"

remember, the biggest "tell" in a rep is the wearer not the watch. Have fun with and enjoy it

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hi, I own several gen watches and after seeing YouTube videos warning of how good the replicas are getting I decided I'd give it a shot. I have placed an order for the ZF Black Bay GMT after doing a ton of reading on this website. I placed my order with PureTime and have paid by transferwise. I recently received an email telling me to expect QC pics soon, so I'm looking forward to seeing the watch.

Thanks for ordering from us. We will try to process your order ASAP .Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance. Thanks

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
So I received my QC pics and was a bit unhappy with misaligned indices. I said as much and even circled them and sent the pics back to show the issue. I received a response from Elena saying that actually the quality is good and asking me to accept the sample. I responded that I would accept the watch. I did this because I'm new to this and felt that if Puretime doesn't think it's an issue I can't make them care about the crooked indices so the next one might also be poor. I know that PT handles and processes a great many rep watches and sees them every day, so if they consider this to be an acceptable example, I will relent on my opposition. I'm disappointed with this and when I initially rejected the watch I expected that they would source another watch so that I could see if it had properly aligned indices (the watch on the website has no issue). As is, for now I will wait to see the watch in-person, but I am not pleased with the crooked indices and the unwillingness of Puretime to accept my thoughts on the watch, even though I do acknowledge that they are the experts. My criteria is that if I was looking at this watch in a store would I buy it for this price? My answer is no, but here I am, so now I guess I wait. I understand that this may not be an issue with Puretime and that this is just the level of slop to be expected in a rep. That said, if this is the level of error to be expected when purchasing a rep, it will probably be the only one I purchase.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So I received my QC pics and was a bit unhappy with misaligned indices. I said as much and even circled them and sent the pics back to show the issue. I received a response from Elena saying that actually the quality is good and asking me to accept the sample. I responded that I would accept the watch. I did this because I'm new to this and felt that if Puretime doesn't think it's an issue I can't make them care about the crooked indices so the next one might also be poor. I know that PT handles and processes a great many rep watches and sees them every day, so if they consider this to be an acceptable example, I will relent on my opposition. I'm disappointed with this and when I initially rejected the watch I expected that they would source another watch so that I could see if it had properly aligned indices (the watch on the website has no issue). As is, for now I will wait to see the watch in-person, but I am not pleased with the crooked indices and the unwillingness of Puretime to accept my thoughts on the watch, even though I do acknowledge that they are the experts. My criteria is that if I was looking at this watch in a store would I buy it for this price? My answer is no, but here I am, so now I guess I wait. I understand that this may not be an issue with Puretime and that this is just the level of slop to be expected in a rep. That said, if this is the level of error to be expected when purchasing a rep, it will probably be the only one I purchase.

I am sorry if you are not satisfied with this. We said this because it doesn't look bad when it's being checked on our hands. Please PM me your order number if you need any help from me. Thanks

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I am sorry if you are not satisfied with this. We said this because it doesn't look bad when it's being checked on our hands. Please PM me your order number if you need any help from me. Thanks

Hi, when I approved the watch I received an email stating that the watch would be sent out that day with tracking info to follow in the next few days. I saw on your website that you will be out of the office for a holiday. Will I still receive my tracking info? How can I get this information if you will be out of the office? Thanks for your attention to this.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Please note: Thursday, October 1st through Thursday, October 8th are company holidays (Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day Holiday) for many of our employees. We will get back to you as soon as possible by tomorrow when we return. Thank you for your support and patience

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Tracking number has been received.

Timeline so far:
9/22 Order placed
9/23 Request for payment
9/23 Payment sent via Transferwise
9/24 Payment confirmed by Puretime
9/26 QC Pics received
9/28 QC approved (after discussion)
10/9 Tracking number received and in transit with estimated delivery date of 10/15 (obviously subject to change)

The package left Cologne, Germany this morning. Excited to see it in-person.

gripp131

Looking Around
26/12/19
I am New New to Rep Game...
I have spent considerable time reading threads on here. Im looking for a good rep to purchase. I have a few genuine pieces at great cost only to come to conclusion I don't care for them... resale at lost isn't an option anymore. So I figure buy a high quality rep and see how I like it before dropping big bucks. The problem is too many choices and not sure of value. Will they last a day or a year. I'm looking for Panerai Carbotech 47mm any recommendations?