• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL: holding shipment

Nyquist

Looking Around
17/9/20
Hi everyone!
been checking the forums from time to time for over a year and finally ordered a 36 mm Rolex Datejust from PureTime because of its known reputation and service. Purchase was done on 09/03 and QC's were sent relatively fast after that. The watch reached Europe on the 09/13 via DHL express

I am tracking the watch at the moment and it is being held since 4 days in local customs (Spain). DHL is indicating that a proof of goods valuation is pending for the package to be released and that the next step is to contact the importer for further clarification...

I already sent an email to PureTime (tracking email) asking for advice, but I guess they are pretty busy because they haven't replied yet. On the other hand, DHL is not contacting me...
I've read many stories of packages being seized and resent back to the sender so I would like to know your opinion on how to address this asap. I really hope there is still time to sort this out.
Has anyone experienced this particular issue with DHL in the past and if so, what do you think is the best action on my side?

Many thanks for your help fellas

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order and sorry for what happened to the package. We will ask the shipping company to provide the invoice so that you can send it to DHL/customs. Most of the time it will pass through if you send them the invoice.

Nyquist

Looking Around
17/9/20
Many thanks puretime for your prompt reply, I really appreciate it

At the moment, the action was on DHL to reply me since I already sent them a tracking enquiry about this few days ago. They seem unresponsive.
I am trying to dig online on their web page in order to send this invoice electronically but I cannot find a way to upload the document.

In case anyone reading this knows how to do this process, please do send me a link ! (worst case scenario, I would have to drive two hours to the DHL hub where the package is located and give them the invoice personally...)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
At the moment, the action was on DHL to reply me since I already sent them a tracking enquiry about this few days ago. They seem unresponsive.
I am trying to dig online on their web page in order to send this invoice electronically but I cannot find a way to upload the document.

You can call DHL directly .If you have not recieved the invoice from us yet, please kindly PM me your order number. I will check from our end. Thanks

Nyquist

Looking Around
17/9/20
Thank you PureTime for following up with this, it's appreciated. I got the watch finally ! :)

I had to call DHL, they basically marked the package as suspicious and had the package on hold. They asked me a number of questions to know the real value (they probably didn't trust the value declared on the commercial invoice provided by the shipping company because it was just too low... so I ended up paying a lot on customs tax to free the watch, I had no other option.

This is something that should be improved (not saying it's PureTime's fault) because if it happens sistematically, it's not worth I think.

Anyways, the watch came in perfect condition and I will wear it with confidence. Thanks again

Giblets46

Horology Curious
17/6/15
Seems a lot of watches are having problems at the moment, several have been returned from Dubai etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nyquist

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you PureTime for following up with this, it's appreciated. I got the watch finally ! :)

I had to call DHL, they basically marked the package as suspicious and had the package on hold. They asked me a number of questions to know the real value (they probably didn't trust the value declared on the commercial invoice provided by the shipping company because it was just too low... so I ended up paying a lot on customs tax to free the watch, I had no other option.

This is something that should be improved (not saying it's PureTime's fault) because if it happens sistematically, it's not worth I think.

Anyways, the watch came in perfect condition and I will wear it with confidence. Thanks again

Glad to know you have finally recieved your watch :) Next time you may order uk forwarding shipping. It should work better than direct shipping. Thanks for your order once again.

Reactions: Nyquist

Venniz

26/7/20

What you did to get the watch ? You told the real value and a proof of payment???? I am at same problem. Thanks you!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
What you did to get the watch ? You told the real value and a proof of payment???? I am at same problem. Thanks you!

You can tell them it is a $100-$200 watch but do not mention the brand or tell them it is a gift from a friend

Venniz

26/7/20
Any news on this one?

Preparing myself if the same issue occurs! :)

It is seized. Now DHL want me to call them but I won't. I will wait to received the letter it is seized and I will ask to send another watch to a friend of mine.

FFenberg

Horology Curious
15/2/19
Sweden
OK.

Just started to think about future solutions.

What about service.... it couldn´t be shady to send a watch to china for a service... And it will come back a "serviced" watch? Mybe PT could provide with some "service document"?

Reactions: Venniz

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It is seized. Now DHL want me to call them but I won't. I will wait to received the letter it is seized and I will ask to send another watch to a friend of mine.

Please send to us the letter when you get it. Thank you

Reactions: Venniz