• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL: Returned to sender?

Phillip_Ora

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/20
Orange County, CA
Hello everyone,

My name is Phillip. First time poster, long time lurker.

First purchase of a rep -- so far the experience with Puretime has been wonderful. Communication has been great, QC was prompt.

Today I got a notification from DHL stating the item has been returned to sender after being in UAE for a few days. Is this normal for these transactions? Anyone have the same thing happen to them?

​​​​​​Not in a rush, just wondering if it's 'par for the course'.

Thanks in advance for any replies and thanks to Puretime for the great service so far.

P.O.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
No it's not 'normal' in the sense that you won't be getting it soon - it'll be returned to sender (courier) who will attempt to ship it again - contact your TD in a few days asking for a new tracking number.

Phillip_Ora

18/8/20
Orange County, CA
No it's not 'normal' in the sense that you won't be getting it soon - it'll be returned to sender (courier) who will attempt to ship it again - contact your TD in a few days asking for a new tracking number.

Gotcha. This is more or less what I figured.

Thanks a lot, tripdog.

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
the exact thing happened to my DHL shipment from Puretime today as well also from UAE. Interesting you're experiencing the same... Someone must have messed up a batch of labels

Horology Curious
23/2/20
Same issue here too with DHL but different TD, might be a larger customs related issue in UAE?

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
I’m in the same situation- also puretime, initially posted a few days ago but got the same return to sender message today. I emailed them asking what’s up, but Tripdog is probably right and someone screwed up some labels

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Phillip_Ora

18/8/20
Orange County, CA
Both of you gentlemen might be onto something. Sounds like a DHL problem in UAE, considering its from two different TDs.

Keep me posted on your guy's updates-- as will I.

P.O.

5ive7even

16/7/20
I had the same happen to me this week from InTime TD shipping from UAE. I emailed Ryan and he indicated that it will be reshipped and I will receive another tracking number shortly. Sounds like a DHL/Customs thing from UAE. Nice to know I'm not alone!

Last edited:

Phillip_Ora

18/8/20
Orange County, CA
I had the same happen to me this week from InTime TD shipping from UAE. I emailed Ryan and he indicated that it will be reshipped and I will receive another tracking number shortly. Sounds like a DHL/Customs thing from UAE. Nice to know I'm not alone!

Good to know! Thanks for updating us, 57.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
First purchase of a rep -- so far the experience with Puretime has been wonderful. Communication has been great, QC was prompt.

Today I got a notification from DHL stating the item has been returned to sender after being in UAE for a few days. Is this normal for these transactions? Anyone have the same thing happen to them?

​​​​​​Not in a rush, just wondering if it's 'par for the course'.

Thanks for your order. It happens to some of the DHL shipments now but there is nothing to worry about, my friend. The shipping company will take care of this and reship it out very soon. We will be providing a new tracking number by then. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience cuased.

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
hello everyone
I also give my contribution to this 3d
from 25th august i had a shipment awaiting collection by dhl in the emirates
today I got the message that the shipment has returned to the sender
I have already contacted my TD and am awaiting your reassurances
Cheers

Paolo

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Watchesandwinetime

Known Member
11/3/20
Aussieland
Same happened here. Package returned from the UAE.

Looks like I'm not the only one here with the shipping slip-up.

Hopefully we hear back from Puretime soon about this and puretime/courier can re-ship the items and get back to us with fresh tracking numbers.

Untitled.jpg

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
I emailed puretime sales and received this response:

“Hi, We will reship it out as soon as possible. Don't worry”

I’m not concerned. Just be a bit longer till it arrives.

Watchesandwinetime

Known Member
11/3/20
Aussieland
I emailed puretime sales and received this response:

“Hi, We will reship it out as soon as possible. Don't worry”

I’m not concerned. Just be a bit longer till it arrives.

Good you got a response so fast.

I'll let everybody know when I get a response too.
Good that they're onto it.

Picksk

18/6/20
Good you got a response so fast.

I'll let everybody know when I get a response too.
Good that they're onto it.

Yeah, I think some other people also posted on here with the same issue, sucks man, will take longer to the watch in hand, sorry about that. But other than that you should be good, email puretime and make sure he knows you are effected as well. Good luck!

5ive7even

16/7/20
Has anyone received their updated shipping/tracking info? I'm still waiting for mine from InTime. Was told last week it would be reshipped and tracking details would follow soon.

Last edited:

Fraflo87

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
17/9/18
EU
Has anyone received their updated shipping/tracking info? I'm still waiting for mine from InTime. Was told last week it would be reshipped and tracking details would follow soon.

I'm in the same situation! Still waiting update from my td! I'm scared about this situation will be more long than expected!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The shipping company says they are waiting for the packages to be returned to their warehouses. They will reship them as soon as they got them back. We appreciate your patience and i apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Horology Curious
23/2/20
For what it’s worth, I have not gotten my updated reshipment info as of today. I’m not entirely worried and understand the delay but will circle back next week hopefully with better news.