• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Firs Order With Puretime - Not A Good Experience

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
After many decent reviews I decided to give PureTime a go. I spoke to the Sales people to ensure the watch I requested was in stock and would be sorted out quickly. I was told there shouldn't be any delays and it would go smoothly.

Purchase Date: JUL 27 2020
Quality Control Pictures Received: AUG 4 2020 (was told 5 days, took 8 to receive them, not a good start..)
Product "Shipped" Email: AUG 6 2020 (took two days after an immediate reply to the QC pictures to ship, going great..)

I decide to check the tracking the moment I get it. Apparently it has landed in singapore at 00:59 on AUG 5, odd that I didn't even get the email until a day and a bit later. I wait a few days and email them to see why it was still sitting in Singapore after a few days. I was told to be patient and wait. I figured, "yeah Covid would be putting stuff on hold."

Fast forward to AUG 09 2020. It was has Pre-Approved for customs clearance in Australia, but it hasn't landed in Australia yet. Hmm. I email PureTime tracking, am told to hold on a bit longer and they ask if Customs had contacted me. I stated no. Got given the tracking again and told to wait.

Today I decide to call DHL and see what the go is so I don't get the run around from PureTime. Turns out it has been sitting somewhere in Singapore waiting for DHL to be told to come and pick up the package or for the package to be dropped to one of their Depots. Needless to say I was incredibly annoyed by this. A full week wasted sitting there doing nothing when I could've had the product already.

I had to come off as possibly whiney, but this seems like a really poor way of doing this and just flicking customers off and asking them to wait a bit and then wait a bit again. Is this usual for PureTime or have I just been incredibly unlucky?

Last edited:
Reactions: mario_au and cap923

biinary

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
i would say you need to exercise a little more patience here. i'm new here too. ordered 29 July, it's not here in my hands and tracking says clearing custom in my country. Plus you get DHL. i paid extra for the shipping and i get some wierd courier. not even DHL. So just take a chill pill mate.

Reactions: Pebble1

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I had to come off as possibly whiney, but this seems like a really poor way of doing this and just flicking customers off and asking them to wait a bit and then wait a bit again. Is this usual for PureTime or have I just been incredibly unlucky?

First of all: too late to not come off as whiney little girl. You're welcome. Besides: how can you blame the dealer for DHL's slow transportation? Adjust your expectations and try to understand what really happened here. Next time, get something from Amazon or visit an AD. He'll laugh his friggin arse off when you call ten days later to complain how your Daytona STILL hasn't arrived...

FBITW

5/8/20
"Fast forward to Aug 9"... bro a whole 4 days. You need to learn to be more patient, and yes this post did come off as very whiney.

Reactions: Charles_b

sneaky305

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
16/7/20
crazy florida
People waiting 5 years to get a 10k watch, can’t get annoyed for a couple of weeks for a rep from China. Pure tune is an amazing dealer. Shipment out of China is horrible right now for anything. Very short amount of flights leading to wait times to move the packages.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
If you took the time to read the MANY threads on delivery delays before you decided to slam a TD, you would not have gotten your panties in a bunch....PATIENCE is a MUST in this thing of ours. or maybe this hobby isn't for you....

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
i would say you need to exercise a little more patience here. i'm new here too. ordered 29 July, it's not here in my hands and tracking says clearing custom in my country. Plus you get DHL. i paid extra for the shipping and i get some wierd courier. not even DHL. So just take a chill pill mate.

See the thing is, I’d more happily exercise patience here, but other Australians have ordered at the same time or more recently and received their products already. My main issue here is that the item hasn’t been given to DHL and has been sitting in Singapore for 5 days and they have no receipt of it being given to them once it arrived or contact from them.

That’s my main issue.

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
First of all: too late to not come off as whiney little girl. You're welcome. Besides: how can you blame the dealer for DHL's slow transportation? Adjust your expectations and try to understand what really happened here. Next time, get something from Amazon or visit an AD. He'll laugh his friggin arse off when you call ten days later to complain how your Daytona STILL hasn't arrived...

First off, I’ve seen your posts so far. You like to act like a bit of a troll, but in reality you’re just a blowhard. You’re welcome.

I can and will blame the dealer for not giving the item to DHL. That’s my issue here. The slow shipping and bad replies I can take, but the fact DHL hasn’t been contacted and/or the parcel hasn’t been dropped to them as well as the time frame I was given at multiple intervals not being kept
to makes the situation frustrating. If I was told it’ll be 2 months to get the watch I would budget two months. I hold people to a schedule that they dictate.

I don’t see a problem with holding people accountable to their own stated timeframes.

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
"Fast forward to Aug 9"... bro a whole 4 days. You need to learn to be more patient, and yes this post did come off as very whiney.
Again, my problem isn’t the waiting. It’s the fact the onus was on the supplier to give DHL the product and they still haven’t according to DHL.

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
People waiting 5 years to get a 10k watch, can’t get annoyed for a couple of weeks for a rep from China. Pure tune is an amazing dealer. Shipment out of China is horrible right now for anything. Very short amount of flights leading to wait times to move the packages.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
See I went through all a fair few pages of reviews and I came to the same conclusion. They are a fantastic dealer, but they gave me time frames which they didn’t keep to. As stated above, If I’d been told wait 2 months I’d happily do so.

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
If you took the time to read the MANY threads on delivery delays before you decided to slam a TD, you would not have gotten your panties in a bunch....PATIENCE is a MUST in this thing of ours. or maybe this hobby isn't for you....

I actually went through 10 pages of reviews if you MUST know. (why are we randomly capitalising words?)

I have the utmost patience. Trust me on that. I went with puretime because they had a lot of good reviews. I had a few back and forths before purchase (as stated) and was assured everything would go smoothly. Their own deadlines and times frames haven’t been kept to. Again, how is this getting my panties in a bunch?

batman_symbol

Horology Curious
10/3/19
Listen, they upload the shipping info to DHL and then drop off batches to be mailed at the end of each week. They move quite a bit of product. You dont think they ship one at a time do you? Its Asia, there's Corona. Its not a local delivery. It will take a couple weeks my dude but once DHL sends it out it is usually a week.

Reactions: VADERR

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
Listen, they upload the shipping info to DHL and then drop off batches to be mailed at the end of each week. They move quite a bit of product. You dont think they ship one at a time do you? Its Asia, there's Corona. Its not a local delivery. It will take a couple weeks my dude but once DHL sends it out it is usually a week.
No of course not. I understand how a business is run. As much as the other wish to think I’m a whiney bitch I’m actually far from it. I just have expectations and once promised something I expect it to be kept to within reason.

It’s now the 13th here and the product still hasn’t been given to DHL or requested a pickup. That’s now 8 days from the time it landed in Singapore. Surely you can understand my frustration with that? If DHL bungled and was given it and it was sitting at customs I’d be annoyed at them.

I have no doubt PureTime is doing their best, but all signs point to them not giving the item to DHL at the moment and their replies have been pretty poor in helping me understand the situation. I paid for shipping (as others stated above that they did) so a little bit of back end support would be appreciated instead of 5 word replies.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It’s now the 13th here and the product still hasn’t been given to DHL or requested a pickup. That’s now 8 days from the time it landed in Singapore. Surely you can understand my frustration with that? If DHL bungled and was given it and it was sitting at customs I’d be annoyed at them.

I have no doubt PureTime is doing their best, but all signs point to them not giving the item to DHL at the moment and their replies have been pretty poor in helping me understand the situation. I paid for shipping (as others stated above that they did) so a little bit of back end support would be appreciated instead of 5 word replies

This has been disscussed a few times on the forum since the covid outbreak. It happends to most of the shipments now.It is because the hongkong checks strictly on replica stuffs also there are limited flights so it can not be sent directly by DHL from China. The packages will firstly go to singapore from China then DHL will pick it up from singapore.. By that time, the status will be updated. We thank you for your patience and cooperation and please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

VADERR

Horology Curious
26/7/20
This has been disscussed a few times on the forum since the covid outbreak. It happends to most of the shipments now.It is because the hongkong checks strictly on replica stuffs also there are limited flights so it can not be sent directly by DHL from China. The packages will firstly go to singapore from China then DHL will pick it up from singapore.. By that time, the status will be updated. We thank you for your patience and cooperation and please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

The package has been in Singapore for 8 days as stated by my email. DHL says that they’ve received no package from you or request to pick it up. That’s my issue here. You guys haven’t given it to them. Only reason I posted here is because getting an email reply is like getting blood from a stone. I just wanted some clarity on it but kept getting either ignored or pushed back

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
The package has been in Singapore for 8 days as stated by my email. DHL says that they’ve received no package from you or request to pick it up. That’s my issue here. You guys haven’t given it to them. Only reason I posted here is because getting an email reply is like getting blood from a stone. I just wanted some clarity on it but kept getting either ignored or pushed back

Packages are handed to a courier, who then gets them to DHL. If Angus says the watch was shipped, then it was shipped. These delays have been the norm since the end of January. I waited a month for my Noob Daytona, and I felt that was quick. My watch sat in Hong Kong for 2 weeks before being rejected by customs, and guess what, the DHL tracking won't tell you that. It then sat in Singapore for a week before DHL picked it up. Your watch either hasn't left the initial courier, it's awaiting a flight out before it gets it's initial arrival scan, or it got blocked by customs.

Despite what you say, you do seem like a whiny bitch. This isn't Amazon. You're purchasing illegal, counterfeit goods. This doesn't seem like the right hobby for you, though I doubt your patience would be any better with a gen AD.

Last edited:

biinary

16/7/20
See the thing is, I’d more happily exercise patience here, but other Australians have ordered at the same time or more recently and received their products already. My main issue here is that the item hasn’t been given to DHL and has been sitting in Singapore for 5 days and they have no receipt of it being given to them once it arrived or contact from them.

That’s my main issue.

I think possibility DHL did not update or DHL is facing a backlog of packages transiting in Singapore plus the limited flight out from Singapore. They might have only couple of flight a month. Suppose that might contribute to the delay. From what i know if PT sent it out from their Origin and that's where the package will be at the mercy of all the other unforeseen scenario. Just hang on a week or two? I believe you should get it by then.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

It's Pre-submitted information. It has not arrived in Singapore. Only the DHL picks it up in Singapore, the status will show the next step. I am sorry it is out of our control when it left our hand. We hope you can wait patiently for a few more days.