• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First high-end replica watch and first order with Puretime

MickeyG

Horology Curious
22/3/17
EU
Hey everyone,

Just placed an order for this watch: https://puretimewatch.io/2018-seama...ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

It's my first high-end replica and the first time I'm ordering with Puretime.

Paid by CC and the total ended up being about 30$ over but I guess that was to be expected. Will probably pay by transferwise next time.

Will patiently wait for QC pictures. Am I allowed to post them here on the forum to ask for opinions?

Thanks and I'll keep you guys posted.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order, my friend. We will take care of it and try to process as soon as possible.:)

MickeyG

Horology Curious
22/3/17
EU
Thank you very much. Got an email today that the payment has been confirmed and that QC pics follow.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Cool :D Please wait patiently for QC pictures from us

MickeyG

Horology Curious
22/3/17
EU
Received QC Pictures on 02/08. Had a small question regarding what seemed like some dirt or dust in the bezel jewel but gave it the green light regardless. Waiting for the next step which I'm guessing will be shipping. The watch looked amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully, there'll be no issues with customs.

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Please reply to our QC email if you have any doubts about the Qc pics. We will handel it for you :D

MickeyG

Horology Curious
22/3/17
EU
I did reply to it shortly after I received the pictures. Didn't get an answer yet but I'm patient. Order #205351 if you want to check it. Thanks.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I did reply to it shortly after I received the pictures. Didn't get an answer yet but I'm patient. Order #205351 if you want to check it. Thanks.

It seems we have not recieved your response. Please resend your email. Thanks

MickeyG

Horology Curious
22/3/17
EU
Hi, I've resent the email.
I'm guessing the watch has already been shipped as I got a message from DHL to send them a picture of my ID for customs. Didn't get an email from you guys with the tracking ID number yet though.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hi, I've resent the email.
I'm guessing the watch has already been shipped as I got a message from DHL to send them a picture of my ID for customs. Didn't get an email from you guys with the tracking ID number yet though.

Thanks for your cooperation. The package should have already left our hand. Hope those you mentioned are just dirts. Please contact us if they are not when you get the watch. Thanks

Mark113811

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/20
Paid by CC and the total ended up being about 30$ over but I guess that was to be expected. Will probably pay by transferwise next time.

Do PureTime charging more than item and shipping costs paying using CC? I'm ready to place an order and would like to avoid suprises...

Last edited:

MickeyG

Horology Curious
22/3/17
EU
Thank you very much and no worries. Am I supposed to receive an email from you guys with the shipping information?

I've sent DHL the picture of my ID that they asked for, hopefully there'll be no issues with customs or anything else that I'll have to pay.

Will wait patiently for the watch and will post pictures here when I get it.

//Edit:

Do PureTime charging more than item and shipping costs paying using CC? I'm ready to place an order and would like to avoid suprises...

As far as I understood it has to do with conversion fees from $US to Chinese currency or some taxes that VISA or MASTERCARD have.

Last edited:

Mark113811

4/8/20
I checked other TD and they do not charge for any conversion or taxes. The price is in USD and I will be paying in USD exactly so they need to have account issued in USD. puretime please explain.

Last edited:

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
I checked other TD and they do not charge for any conversion or taxes. The price is in USD and I will be paying in USD exactly so they need to have account issued in USD. puretime please explain.

PT is using 3rd party agent for handling CC transactions. The extra charges are for Administrative cost by this provider. The only way to save cost is to use bitcoin.

Mark113811

4/8/20
Ok, its their right to charge more but they should inform about it.
On their site no info about additional cost.
------------------------------------ Payment Methods

We offer multiple payment methods, each with their own benefits. CREDITCARD (VISA, MASTERCARD, JCB)

Your payment details will be encrypted through SSL-method. Together with your creditcard company we make sure the processing will be done correctly. Possibly your credit card company will ask for a 3D-Secure verification code. This is extra security for online payments done with creditcards.

----------------------------------
Its not fair...

Last edited:

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
It's the same with all the TD who take c.c. It's fees that the third party carrier charge. Send bitcoin or moneywire to avoid the extra charge. I use my visa and have no issue paying the extra $$ because it's the price of doing business in this thing of ours

Mark113811

4/8/20
Its no issue paying extra $$ but customer should know about it before transaction. Is it problem to write it in "payment" section?
Trustytime TD:
"**Most replica merchants use online payment processor that will unknowingly charge you extra to cover their currency exchange differences but we do not do that. Our payment mode does not charge an extra fee at all."
Is it clear? Of course: yes!

Last edited:

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
Ok, its their right to charge more but they should inform about it.
On their site no info about additional cost.
------------------------------------ Payment Methods

We offer multiple payment methods, each with their own benefits. CREDITCARD (VISA, MASTERCARD, JCB)

Your payment details will be encrypted through SSL-method. Together with your creditcard company we make sure the processing will be done correctly. Possibly your credit card company will ask for a 3D-Secure verification code. This is extra security for online payments done with creditcards.

----------------------------------
Its not fair...

OK. From what i know this is not like Amazon etc. This is not a legit business. There are certain things such as business addresses, banking etc.. being done differently (at a cost) for obvious reason.
They can just run away with your money and you cannot do anything. There is a good reason for PT to be a Trusted Rep Dealer in RWI. Its up to you. You want to play the game then you have to consider the risk.

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
Its no issue paying extra $$ but customer should know about it before transaction. Is it problem to write it in "payment" section?
Trustytime TD:
"**Most replica merchants use online payment processor that will unknowingly charge you extra to cover their currency exchange differences but we do not do that. Our payment mode does not charge an extra fee at all."

From TT
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...es-trusty-time

See this section

"CREDIT CARD (MASTERCARD or VISA)

We accept Credit Card payments directly on our website. Our website is 100% SSL secured. No information on your payments are saved or collected on our website.
**There will be an 8-10% transaction fee charged by the online payment processor, for cross-border transaction and administration fee. The fee will be charged regardless of types of currency cards used."

Anyway its a well known practice by many in this business.

Last edited:

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
Trustytime TD:

From TT
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...es-trusty-time

See this section

"CREDIT CARD (MASTERCARD or VISA)

We accept Credit Card payments directly on our website. Our website is 100% SSL secured. No information on your payments are saved or collected on our website.
**There will be an 8-10% transaction fee charged by the online payment processor, for cross-border transaction and administration fee. The fee will be charged regardless of types of currency cards used."

Anyway its a well known practice by many in this business.

Mark113811 see contradictions in both TT statements?

Last edited: