• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A new guy mistake with QCs

Picksk

18/6/20
I for one have never swam with reps, I mean for me isn’t a big deal. If I know that my day involves water or water sports I wear my gen divers or don’t wear a watch at all. The way I see it and then again, this is totally my personal point of view, these watches are for cosmetic purposes only, where I wear them to enjoy them or in case want to try them before buying a gen. I don’t expect the reps to be waterproof, I am happy as long as they keep good time.

Last edited:

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I for one have never swam with reps, I mean for me isn’t a big deal. If I know that my day involves water or water sports I wear my gen divers or don’t wear a watch at all. The way I see it and then again, this is totally my personal point of view, these watches are for cosmetic purposes only, where I wear them to enjoy them or in case want to try them before buying a gen. I don’t expect the reps to be waterproof, I am happy as long as they keep good time.

Woooosh

Picksk

18/6/20
Aah lol, sorry didn’t read the entire thread from beginning before posting the comment, was looking up content by latest, now read from the beginning and my bad for the comment lol

Last edited:
Reactions: GingerBubba

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
thumperman
You get that watch yet? We're dying to see your one-off detached rehaut. We'll crown you king of RWI if we were wrong... :deadhorse:

Give him some time, he's probably busy checking if the RAT (Rehaut Attachment Tool) is aligned on his watch!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Aah lol, sorry didn’t read the entire thread from beginning before posting the comment, was looking up content by latest, now read from the beginning and my bad for the comment lol

Well...your post makes far more sense than the OP. No need to apologize. Post on!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I assumed he'd not logged on in ages, but nope - he's a regular visitor!

So it seems he's not as good as his word and actually isn't prepared to easy humble pie. Disappointing.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
This is golden.

I nominate this thread to get an AWARD. For scaling the dizzying heights of stupidity?
Or simply PUSY Award for Pure, Unadulterated Stupidity of the Year Award?

Pure entertainment! And wit!

Detached Rehaut.
Rehaut glue.
RAT: Rehaut Attachment Tool.
Sinking rehaut like the Titanic.

You guys just made my day!

Last edited:
Reactions: KushBandit

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
I initially read this thread when it only had a few posts and am impressed with how it exploded! As a newbie, it can be a bit daunting getting your first rep and over analysing QC pics but OP should have listened to experienced members and communicated a bit better.

While we all wait for the conclusion (don't hold your breath) I want in on this action:

I heard that back in the day, rehaut detachment was common, even with gens. This was due to size variances due to rehauts being sourced in the wild. They were a bit more gamey as well. Now I understand that Rolex grows them in-house, and with modern GE science, can clone them almost perfectly. Is it possible OP somehow got lucky and managed to get a genuine, wild rehaut installed in his rep?

While we are at it, if anyone here wants a "trained eye" to assess your QCs, I'm your huckleberry. I'm expecting Smoke to be the first to take me up on this offer.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Old Thumper was last here on the 8th, so we know he's checking this thread. Maybe he's trying to come up with some more brilliant classic know it all responses to wow us all with.
Come back Thumper, this thread isn't the same without you. I tripple dog dare you to come back.

Last edited:
Reactions: KushBandit