• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A new guy mistake with QCs

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Those damn Trained Eyes, really can't trust them these days! Detached rehaut? How did we miss this?

This is the perfect "sunny quiet breakfast" thread to read, made my day.

7d9fc6e7d9fe5df5c54c12837ff16287.gif

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
When you see the flat horizon do you think that it speaks for itself and therefore the Earth is flat?

Earth is not flat and not rounded. If you sail far away you'll hit a cardboard wall which is painted like a horizon. Haven't you seen The Truman Show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
QUOTE=thumperman;n9129465]
Well Im not a watch builder obviously but I do have some experience with metal work. If i was asked to make a guess I would say they are tongues that correspond to grooves on the case and they haven't been seated correctly. Nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do. And like I said above if I am wrong I will come back tail between legs give PureTime a glowing review and admit my fault to all concerned. But I'm not at that point yet. I need to find a TD I can build a relationship with. I'm here for the long run this isn't a one time purchase.[/QUOTE]

You need to accept that you are wrong. It's painfully obvious that in addition to not being a watch builder you haven't even bothered to look at how the construction of the submariner mid-case is done. Here is a picture of the mid-case from a VRF and noob six-digit submariner.

6632347b4d0a9a8558a790b559f91b545c39db8ff8e356df.jpg

As you can see the engraved rehalt is part of the mid-case and cannot be floating and detached. It is physically impossible as its machined from one piece of metal. It's not a multi-piece assembly as you're trying to make it sound like. It's one solid piece. You have been told this multiple times. You are seeing a reflection from the angled edge of the crystal nothing more. I'll eagerly await you coming back red-faced, apologizing for how stupid you sounded in this thread as you continue to justify a flaw that you insist you see which you've been told is physically impossible to be present.

Additionally, here is a diagram of the complete midcase of a submariner with every part.... notice there is no separate rehault? Notice it's part of the mid-case?
Screenshot_20200731-020405fc4f6b1242556b54.png

Last edited:

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
OP you're right, that watch is terrible. I'll take it off your hands as soon as it arrives. It is an unfortunate flaw, but I'll generously offer you half what you paid. Let me know when you've made an official sales thread.

PS: was the 'trained eye' Blind Freddy?

Reactions: Ecender

jibuti

24/4/08
EU
OP, you are completely right-rehaut is 200% fucked up.... Now that watch looks uglier than Hublot...

jibuti

24/4/08
EU
I manufacture and sell Rehaut Glue for exactly this situation. It will totally sort this problem. DM me for prices. Man, it sucks that this was your first watch.

I know that man OP, and he is telling the truth. Still DO NOT buy it from him- I manufacture and sell Rolex Rehaut Glue...

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
This is painful.. Lol

Abd 2 years it took him to decide which fake watch he wanted to buy... Really?
And a submariner of all watches, the go to watch for 95%... SHOCK

​​​​​​I wonder how long does it take him to decide what he wants for breakfast, "oh shoot its lunchtime!"

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I was hoping this too. But that doesn't explain why the letters don't line up with the minute markers at the deattached section.

Surprise surprise.. Even rolex themselves have been guilty of this many time in not having the markers line up bang in the centre of the letter.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
QUOTE=thumperman;n9129465]
Well Im not a watch builder obviously but I do have some experience with metal work. If i was asked to make a guess I would say they are tongues that correspond to grooves on the case and they haven't been seated correctly. Nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do. And like I said above if I am wrong I will come back tail between legs give PureTime a glowing review and admit my fault to all concerned. But I'm not at that point yet. I need to find a TD I can build a relationship with. I'm here for the long run this isn't a one time purchase.

You need to accept that you are wrong. It's painfully obvious that in addition to not being a watch builder you haven't even bothered to look at how the construction of the submariner mid-case is done. Here is a picture of the mid-case from a VRF and noob six-digit submariner.

6632347b4d0a9a8558a790b559f91b545c39db8ff8e356df.jpg

As you can see the engraved rehalt is part of the mid-case and cannot be floating and detached. It is physically impossible as its machined from one piece of metal. It's not a multi-piece assembly as you're trying to make it sound like. It's one solid piece. You have been told this multiple times. You are seeing a reflection from the angled edge of the crystal nothing more. I'll eagerly await you coming back red-faced, apologizing for how stupid you sounded in this thread as you continue to justify a flaw that you insist you see which you've been told is physically impossible to be present.

Additionally, here is a diagram of the complete midcase of a submariner with every part.... notice there is no separate rehault? Notice it's part of the mid-case?
Screenshot_20200731-020405fc4f6b1242556b54.png

[/QUOTE]

thumperman as you can see, there's no way for the rehaut to have tangs/tabs/tongues. The rehaut and the case are one single piece. The crystal sits on top of the rehaut, with a gasket holding them together. The retaning ring and bezel are pressed on to the watch, smashing the gasket and sealing the crystal/rehaut "joint"

In regards to the "defect" being visible on one side in multiple photos, that could be as simple as only having a minimal light source for taking photos. If it's in the same spot, then the angle of the watch won't really matter because of the reflections of both the glossy dial and the edges of the rehaut/crystal. Did you not see the gen photo with the same reflectoin?

"*crickets*"... lmao leave that shit for reddit dude

P.s. Just because someone has a specific occupation, doesn't mean one is any good it. Your "metal-working" guess is false. I do metal work as a hobby for my race cars, and even I researched the watch parts before I started. It's why we suggest to "noobs" that they research as much as they can and to keep reading.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Your presence is not required here although I’m sure you are used to hearing that. If you refer back to your inbox you will see the last message between us was sent by you which I of course ignored.

Maybe I should go easy on you as other members have suggested to me in PMs that you may need to wear a crash helmet normally when you go out in public.

Please go away I have nothing to say to you.

The last PM was from me responding to you comment “Go buy a timex poor boy” to which I told you that once you grow up you can buy an ARF. At no time in responding to your PMs did I swear, rant or rave. At no time did I match your vitriol. Feel free to post all of our PMs (with Staff approval).

Look, you just made a mistake. If you really had that “trained eye,” which I seriously question, you just got some bad advice. Your watch is fine. We tried to tell you that. We were all noobs once and have all made mistakes in this hobby. It’s your arrogance that is getting you in trouble here. I would guess you are very young. Taking shots at me will not divert attention away from your mistake. Who’s the real bully here? You thought you could bully PT into replacing your watch by starting this thread. Admit you made a mistake and move on.

On some level you seem to get it:

“I mean I get it this is a forum where a lot of you guys have been for a few years and noobs come in from time to time and talk nonsense. I'm in other types of forums and I understand this well. It gets annoying.“

When you get your watch post some pictures. We have knowledgeable members who can help you if you do plan on completing modifications. Take all the shots you want at me. I don’t care, but you should thank some of these members who have tried to patiently explain to you why you are wrong.

Last edited: