• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A new guy mistake with QCs

thumperman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/20
A rehaut can't just "detach", because it's part of the case and not a seperate piece
If that is the case then I have been poorly advised and I will of course correct it in a new thread with a red face. But right now I have no reason to doubt the person who advised me. They had nothing to gain by giving me the information.

fabbrisd

24/12/12
OP - I assume your Post and Your "Discovery" happened after the watch shipped - please please post the result AFTER you receive the watch.
As much as the experienced member's of this forum can go on-and-on with RWI Photo Analysis - frankly I don't believe you have the issue you "think" you see.
But nothing is going to alleviate your concern until you receive your watch.

Have you ordered secured the "Right Screwdriver" for band adjustment yet ? My guess there are about 15% out there where clasp adjustment only works for them - and my estimate that at least 50% or more require removing link(s) if you have the "right screwdriver" on hand you will be able to remove links when you receive your watch. If you don't have the right screwdriver (often referred to a "cut out" or "scalloped" tip - it's a bad feeling when you scratch the bracelet trying to remove a bracelet screw - all here were Newbies once - and about ALL newbies that don't think ahead about adjustment do scratch their bracelet when adjusting..

Look Forward - and deal with that - looking backward in Replica World you will make another mistake guaranteed.

Reactions: Fridge_Magnets

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Point out the thin-skinned part and I'll see if i can agree with you

Tucker said "it's not a big deal. It can easily be fixed. Roll with it". You reply "I'm not the easy-to-bully type, stick to the low hanging fruit", when Tucker wasn't even bullying you. Then when he mentions he's not bullying you, you tell him to go away and that he "has nothing to say and says it loudly". Let's not even mention the PMs you sent him, calling him a wanker and other bullshit.

That's thin-skin if I've ever seen it.

Back to the topic at hand, I'll say it one last time. The rehaut can't just detach from the case, it's impossible. Couldn't even be a machining defect. Your "trained eye" member is a moron, and you aren't far off either.

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
thumperman, first of all, welcome to RWI. It is unfortunate that your first post was due to concerns about the brand new rep you had ordered, and the possibility that you might be stuck with a dud watch.

Please listen to the members who have posted that the rehaut is not a separate part of the watch. I have never heard of a watch where the rehaut has become detached. I have heard of cheap reps where the writing on the rehaut was printed on and was erased by the owner running his finger over it, but this is not the case here. What you are most likely seeing is an illusion based on the angle of the light refracting through the edge of the crystal. Wait until it arrives and then take a closer look.

You have met Tucker and have jumped to an understandable but completely wrong conclusion about him. Tucker has a unique sense of humor which is hidden just beneath the surface of the comments he posts. He can be direct, but i have never found him to be a bully or someone who beats up on Noobs based on their newness to this hobby. He will give you grief for writing something stupid, or if you are bellyaching about something that you should know better (like looking at QC pics). Take a deep breath and re-read some of his earlier posts and you will see what i mean. But, regardless of how you interpret his comments, it is entirely unwarranted to cuss him out (via PMs).

Bro, while you wait for your watch to arrive, spend some time reading the various different sections of this great forum, and prepare yourself for a new hobby that will drive you to the poorhouse if you will let it. You will find that Tucker is a pretty decent guy, and you may well come around to seeing it as you read the comments he posts on other members’ threads.

Once again: Welcome to RWI!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thumperman

24/7/20
I think you are seeing the minute track marks reflection on the xtal adge
In exactly the same place on the rehaut from various angles when the light source would have moved? Not really that likely

Last edited:

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
In exactly the same place on the rehaut from various angles when the light source would have moved? Not really that likely

So then what are the marks on the crystal that line up with the dial? You do realize that the dial doesn't extend under the rehaut, so it can't be a "detached rehaut" showing the markers underneath, right?

I guess all of us experienced members, some of us being builders like myself, just don't know what we're talking about... I can't wait for you to prove us wrong when you receive it.

Reactions: Noobylover

thumperman

24/7/20
So then what are the marks on the crystal that line up with the dial?
Well Im not a watch builder obviously but I do have some experience with metal work. If i was asked to make a guess I would say they are tongues that correspond to grooves on the case and they haven't been seated correctly. Nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do. And like I said above if I am wrong I will come back tail between legs give PureTime a glowing review and admit my fault to all concerned. But I'm not at that point yet. I need to find a TD I can build a relationship with. I'm here for the long run this isn't a one time purchase.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
......I need to find a TD I can build a relationship with. I'm here for the long run this isn't a one time purchase.

Excellent. Make PT think they will be losing a great customer and lots of money (even though you couldn’t afford $200 more for the ARF) if they don’t get you a new watch.

”The one I’m getting is made by the Noob factory and is considered very good. The version made by the ARF factory is meant to be the very best of all but it is $200 more expensive.“

You can continue to send me nasty (but entertaining) PMs, but listen to these experienced members. There is nothing wrong with that watch. Just enjoy it and quit peeing your pants.

Last edited:

thumperman

24/7/20
A little selective with your quoting there oddball. It actually read:

“After a couple of years of thinking about it I finally took the plunge with a Submariner Black Ceramic Noob A2836 V10. Just waiting for the QC to arrive. I'm already wondering if I should have forked out extra for the ARF variant but lets see how this one goes first.”

The quote that you have rather feebly tried to use as ammunition was from later on in the thread when I was explaining to another Newcomer what I had learned regarding the differences between factories with the same Reference watch and the price differences between them.

Your presence is not required here although I’m sure you are used to hearing that. If you refer back to your inbox you will see the last message between us was sent by you which I of course ignored. Maybe I should go easy on you as other members have suggested to me in PMs that you may need to wear a crash helmet normally when you go out in public.

Please go away I have nothing to say to you.

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Today a trained eye looked at my QC and immediately noticed a problem you cant not see once its been pointed out.The rehaut of the watch is completely detached at the top and right hand side of the dial. Its very obvious.

Thanks for your order. Friend, there is nothing to worry about this. It has nothing wrong with it. I have attached pictures for a different model for you to check. It's just reflection between the rehaut and crystal. https://ibb.co/6JWZd38
https://ibb.co/61rP2W1

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

domiffm

the buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Has this thread already received the award for the stupidest thread of the year or is that yet to come?

OMG, this is embarrassing. Of course the watch is flawless and OP just has no idea.

I assume the „trained eyes“ will see the same „detached rehaut“ on this gen too right?
F2CE1870-5066-4B87-9B18-B47ECE743DA67eb343449a2c4ec1.jpg

20 seconds search on Chrono24

:hehehe:

Last edited: