• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A new guy mistake with QCs

thumperman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/20
002ed8a592b327910bd16e51d2b11b18
I was really excited to make my first purchase from PureTime and decided for a Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic Noob A2836 V10. I had got the QC and everything looked great to an untrained eye so after making a post in the Rolex section here I Gl'd it.

Today a trained eye looked at my QC and immediately noticed a problem you cant not see once its been pointed out.The rehaut of the watch is completely detached at the top and right hand side of the dial. Its very obvious.

I'm kind of disappointed as I'm surprised their quality control didn't pick up on it but mistakes happen and I know they are very busy. I haven't received a tracking number yet so I'm hoping it hasn't yet shipped. They have a great reputation so Im hoping for the best and hoping they can correct the error before it leaves them.

I'm not posting this to bitch but as a warning to other people starting out on their rep collection journey there's lots to learn. if you're not sure about something ask someone who knows. Ill keep you guys posted.

Couldnt up load the pic directly but heres a link to the image https://gyazo.com/002ed8a592b327910bd16e51d2b11b18

There are full size pics of the issue later on in the thread. Scroll down.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
thumperman Who told you that "the rehaut of the watch is completely detached at the top and right hand side of the dial. Its very obvious?"

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and cpd2186

thumperman

24/7/20
If there is an issue it can easily be fixed. It's not a big deal. Roll with it.

I'm certain it can be fixed by a company with such a good reputation as PureTime. That wasn't why I posted. I made the post to point out to other newer collectors to be double vigilant as these mistakes can happen. I might be a noob but I'm not the easy-to-bully type. You may want to stick to the low hanging fruit in the future. Have a good one!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I'm certain it can be fixed by a company with such a good reputation as PureTime. That wasn't why I posted. I made the post to point out to other newer collectors to be double vigilant as these mistakes can happen. I might be a noob but I'm not the easy-to-bully type. You may want to stick to the low hanging fruit in the future. Have a good one!

Nobody is bulling you but nobody believes for a second that the sole reason you posted this wasn't just to get some leverage with PureTime. You talked about putting in a gen crystal. Any issues you have with the rehaut can easily be fixed (probably for free) when you get the crystal installed.

Reactions: cpd2186

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Seriously go away dude. You have nothing to say and you say it too loudly.

How do you even get yourself dressed in the morning? I bet you have to ask somebody what to wear.

What's the identity of the "trained eyes?" I guess you are not going to tell us. lol

You've already approved the watch. You are SOL.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Today a trained eye looked at my QC and immediately noticed a problem you cant not see once its been pointed out.The rehaut of the watch is completely detached at the top and right hand side of the dial. Its very obvious.

Unlike some other members who've already posted in this thread, I fully understand your concerns regarding you recent 1:1 replica watch purchase - and I salute you for bringing this to the attention of the other members of this community.

Detached rehauts can be extremely complicated to correct and shouldn't be taken lightly.
However, I must say, on this occasion I do wonder if the Trained Eye that you used wasn't in some way defective.

In effect, recent studies have shown that when it comes to Trained Eyes, a detached retina can frequently give the impression that the rehaut has become detached when it is in fact not the case - an optical illusion if you will.

I suggest you have the Trained Eye tested forthwith in order to ascertain it's optical integrity before proceeding any further with the TD.

thumperman

24/7/20
Detached rehauts can be extremely complicated to correct and shouldn't betaken lightly

I don't claim to be an expert in anyway. But even to my eye the picture speaks for itself. The Rehaut is messed up. It is there for all to see. There is no question. But I'm sure PureTime after seeing the evidence for themselves will be great in sorting it out. If for some reason the link to the pic doesnt work for you please PM me and Id be happy to send it to you directly. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
But even to my eye the picture speaks for itself. The Rehaut is messed up. It is there for all to see.

Then you should have caught that on QC pics before you approved the watch. Live and learn.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I don't claim to be an expert in anyway. But even to my eye the picture speaks for itself. The Rehaut is messed up. It is there for all to see. There is no question.
I'd say the white minute markers are visible due to refraction at the edge of the crystal. Looks fine to my eyes...

thumperman

24/7/20
I'd say the white minute markers are visible due to refraction at the edge of the crystal. Looks fine to my eyes...

I was hoping this too. But that doesn't explain why the letters don't line up with the minute markers at the deattached section.

Reactions: Tucker

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I was hoping this too. But that doesn't explain why the letters don't line up with the minute markers at the deattached section.

No more mean PMs, okay? You are hurting my feelings.

You're right. It atrocious. As you said it's "very obvious" and "sadly plain as day." That sucks you didn't catch it on QC. Now your stuck with that monstrosity.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
They're lining up perfectly, not sure what you're seeing. Besides, the Rehaut isn't a separate thin ring pressed into the case. That's one piece of metal.

Reactions: Tucker

thumperman

24/7/20
That sucks you didn't catch it on QC. Now your stuck with that monstrosity.

I'm sure PureTime have the character and integrity that you seem to be lacking to resolve it. I have no reason to believe it wont be. At the risk of repeating myself. You have nothing to say and you say it WAY too loudly. Please take a seat sir, well probably two seats maybe even three.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I'm sure PureTime have the character and integrity that you seem to be lacking to resolve it. I have no reason to believe it wont be. At the risk of repeating myself. You have nothing to say and you say it WAY too loudly. Please take a seat sir, well probably two seats maybe even three.

You are correct. The watch is fine. It's a reflection. This dude is clueless. The Reddit invasion continues.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
More mean spirited PMs from Humperman. Calling me a "fat stupid cvnt" and a "fvcking useless wanker" is NOT accurate.

I'm not the least bit fat.

Reactions: cpd2186 and Rx4Time

thumperman

24/7/20
More mean spirited PMs from Humperman. Calling me a "fat stupid cvnt" and a "fvcking useless wanker" is NOT accurate.
I mean I get it this is a forum where a lot of you guys have been for a few years and noobs come in from time to time and talk nonsense. I'm in other types of forums and I understand this well. It gets annoying. Ive been into the idea of reps watches for a long time but haven't had the funds to seriously consider it. I now do have the funds and intend to catch up on all those things I have just wished for in the past but wasn't able to. Based on this Tucker persons post history it seems he has spent nine years shouting people down while they try to enjoy their love of watches calling himself "noob bully" name-checking important members of this forum trying to seem important himself but doesn't appear to have bought a single watch in all that time. Yes some of us are new. But that doesn't mean we aren't dedicated and in love with this hobby. If you love watches you love watches and cvnts like this will never put us off. Tucker you talk about a reddit invasion but you comport yourself worse than any neck beard moms basement dwelling troll that reddit has ever encountered. Idiots like you will never put me off enjoying my watches. And to anyone else thats new here if this Tucker Idiot tries to put you off just tell him exactly what I did. To all those people reading this who genuinely love reps and rep collecting thanks for having me here I look forward to getting to know you.

Last edited:

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I mean I get it this is a forum where a lot of you guys have been for a few years and noobs come in from time to time and talk nonsense. I'm in other types of forums and I understand this well. It gets annoying. Ive been into the idea of reps watches for a long time but haven't had the funds to seriously consider it. I now do have the funds and intend to catch up on all those things I have just wished for in the past but wasn't able to. Based on this Tucker persons post history it seems he has spent nine years shouting people down while they try to enjoy their love of watches calling himself "noob bully" name-checking important members of this forum trying to seem important himself but doesn't appear to have bought a single watch in all that time. Yes some of us are new. But that doesn't mean we aren't dedicated and in love with this hobby. If you love watches you love watches and cvnts like this will never put us off. Tucker you talk about a reddit invasion but you comport yourself worse than any neck beard moms basement dwelling troll that reddit has ever encountered. Idiots like you will never put me off enjoying my watches. And anyone else thats new here if this Tucker Idiot tries to put you off just tell him exactly what I did. To all those people reading this who genuinely love reps and rep collecting thanks for having me here I look forward to getting to know you.

You have thin-skin for being such a "not-to-bully" tough guy :popcorn2:

Btw, what you're seeing is a reflection of the dial on the edge of the crystal. A rehaut can't just "detach", because it's part of the case and not a seperate piece. You and your "trained eyes" member are completely clueless.

Last edited: