• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Be careful - bad experience with Puretime

Tom13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/13
After a quick sending of my watch, it appears that was not the exact model I ordered.
A jaeger reverso Time travel instead of a simple one.
I sent the day of the receipt an email to inform Puretime about that and told them that furthermore, the watch opened when you shake your hands to dry them after washing them.

At the moment and we are discussing, they don't recognize to have sending me the wrong model and don't want to refund me or propose me an equal amount other watch.
Let's see what will happen in the next days but I wanted to share this bad experience.

Tom

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with this purchase. But i think i will need to explain this :

1. We have checked your order details and the QC pictures. Everything seems correct and it is the same watch as you ordered. Correct me if i am wrong
Order : https://ibb.co/D8rDjGh
https://puretimewatch.io/reverso-tw...-dial-on-black-leather-strap-jap-quartz.html#
QC picture : https://ibb.co/gJDgTw8
2. We recieved your watch and it's been worn. There are scratches on the full case. It is not possible to replace a brand new one any more even if it's incorrect or it has issues.

We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Not to immediately take a side... but if you ordered a watch and received the 'wrong' one, why would you wear it? Leave it wrapped and set aside until you make arrangements with the dealer.
Once it shows signs of wear, it's pretty much useless / worthless to any dealer / seller.... and in this game, that pretty much means it's your problem.

I've dealt with PT off and on for about a decade and never had an issue I couldn't resolve easily.
The Twins put me off Reps for a good while after several "Oh well" responses to DOA or other issues.... PT has been very fair in my experiences.

Angus is the closest thing you'll find to Amazon Prime in this hobby.

Tom13

2/1/13
"Reverso Two faces", It's well mentionned on the order, and not a "travel time" model. Do you recognize your mistake ??

Watch wasn't crashed when I sent it back so I'm quite surprise of this kind of argument now...
Not really a good customer relationship, plus for a loyal customer.

OiRogers, 1% of issues could be for my head with Puretime but this is the fact.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
"Reverso Two faces", It's well mentionned on the order, and not a "travel time" model. Do you recognize your mistake ??

Your order is showing the exact model shown in the link, and you got QC pic to confirm it was the proper watch you where about to receive.

You are saying you whore the watch, washing your hands with it and noticed the mechanism opening, why would you do such a thing if it's not the correct watch you received ? It make absolutely no sense here.

This look like buyers remorse if anything ...

Reactions: JJRVenice

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

It's exactly the same watch as you ordered. We really can not see any difference....

Tom13

2/1/13
Let me laugh. Reverso simple versus Reverso Travel Time.....you write that you don't see the difference, and you tell me that I ordered this one model. That's not real and not customer fair.

.......Hope this conversation could help others buyers to be careful with their next gifts....

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Let me laugh. Reverso simple versus Reverso Travel Time.....you write that you don't see the difference, and you tell me that I ordered this one model. That's not real and not customer fair.
Let's assume for a second we gave you the benefit of doubt. Do you have proof you ordered a different watch?

Last edited:

Tom13

2/1/13

You sent me a copy of my order. I'm agree to share it with all guys to have the perception of other people.
I just add that at the photos step, before sending the watch, the travel time side dont occured at all. Else It has been easy for me to detect the wrong version.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
So the issue is that the back side of the Reverso isn't up to snuff rep vs. gen?
It doesn't appear to be shown on the website, and if it wasn't in QC... why not ask for that specific view before giving the 'go ahead'?

And again, why if you received the 'wrong' watch... why would you wear it?

"...the watch opened when you shake your hands to dry them after washing them." Would indicate you wore it pretty plainly to me.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
You must be kidding :

- You ordered a watch, the one on your order do not mention anything about travel time, it's the same title of product than the one puretime showed us here and that anybody can check for themselves
- You got QC pic to confirm it was the correct watch, it's literally the main purpose of QC pic and why they were introduced in the first place before all the nit picking started
- You got your watch, opened it, saw it was the "wrong" one in your opinion, and still wore it enough to be able to see the mechanism opening whilst drying your hand ...
- You are saying you wanted a Travel time, a two face or a simple face, get your sayings in order, you are contradicting yourself, how could you have imagined for one second receiving a "simple" face Reverso when it says clearly in the title that it's a "two face" one ?

I'm wondering, if the mechanism wouldn't have opened, would you have waited 5 years or more until the watch stopped working to say that it wasn't the correct watch ?

If anything here you just showed that puretime team are very accommodating and still worked with you on that non issue, you are a member since 2013 what have you been on about before ?

If the issue here is that you made a mistake by ordering your watch and you thought it was another model, just say it but in regards to your order, the product you placed in your basket is the same one your received, there's no doubt about that.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I wish I understood the problem here. There is no mention on PT or any other site (rep or otherwise ) of a “travel time reverso”. Does this travel time not have two faces like all reverso models?

Tom13

2/1/13
Thanks OiRogers. You have well understand the history and the fact that nowhere it was mentioned a Travel time side.

Perhaps I shouldn't have tried this watch, but its by opening the plastic bag it that I discover that it was the wrong one.
I recognize that I shouldn't put it at my wrist to try it, even a minute.

So what, I put it one hour, write to Puretime as soon and didn't scratch it at all.
I'm sure of my actions and fundamentally honest in my approach.

What can I say more, that's just factual.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
You are still completely evading the questions : where in this situation, is puretime at fault ?
So far you are just showing that you made a mistake yourself with this model, but nowhere here we can see that puretime made a mistake

And yes, if the watch is not the one you expected because you made a mistake in your order, you shouldn't have put it on your wrist for more than a minute, you put it long enough to be able to see the mechanism opening while washing your hands.
Granted you may have wanted to see if you would still like it despite being something else, but you should just be honest about it

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We shipped exactly the same watch as customer ordered. It is your responsibility to thoroughly check the specifics and pictures from our site. We can still do a favor to replace the watch for you if it is still new. However, it's not and useless to factory. They refused to replace but repair it. We will have the repairs done as soon as possible and ship it back to you. Thanks.

Valdon Sadiki

18/6/20
We shipped exactly the same watch as customer ordered. It is your responsibility to thoroughly check the specifics and pictures from our site. We can still do a favor to replace the watch for you if it is still new. However, it's not and useless to factory. They refused to replace but repair it. We will have the repairs done as soon as possible and ship it back to you. Thanks.

Wow, thats good service, tip my cap to you guys at puretime! :)

Will place my order at your web shop for sure!

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I write as a long term PT customer and they will remain my dealer. But the problem is actually in PureTime's description of the watch as 'twin face'. JLC do make a twin face Reverso. The special movement has two dials, on one side is a rectangular daytime dial. On the other side is a round faced night time dial. It's a beautiful example of the watchmakers skill. . I do not believe that this movement has ever been repped . It is this erroneous 'twin face' description that has confused the newbie buyer and it would be a good idea if Angus and his people removed the words from the description so that no further confusion is caused.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xky