• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First post, rep and order from Puretime!

rambamodam

Looking Around
19/5/20
Hi everyone! Pulled the trigger and decided to go with Puretime for my first purchase! I'll try my best to update every chance I get.

18/05/20: Date of purchase
Payment method: BTC

19/05/20: BTC payment info received. Payment sent.

Now its just a waiting game for the QC... ;)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for ordering from Puretime. We will process your order ASAP . Please wait patiently for QC pictures from us :)

rambamodam

Looking Around
19/5/20
Quick update!

20/05/20 - Payment confirmation on BTC transfer. Received my QC pics for the strap I purchased along with my Submariner later in the day.

Still waiting on my QC pics for the actual watch. Pretty excited!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Great. Will try our best to get the watch as soonest as we can :)

rambamodam

Looking Around
19/5/20
Another Update!

22/05/20 - Got my QC photos in! Would like some help on taking a look at the QC if you guys can! Thank you in advanced.

ElWFfLo

1kcPPA4

yzVACXN

k1BbQ3K

5uedTNO

o93mLqn

JgwhDsL

8NRlD95

gstand

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/20
Another Update!

22/05/20 - Got my QC photos in! Would like some help on taking a look at the QC if you guys can! Thank you in advanced.

ElWFfLo

1kcPPA4

yzVACXN

k1BbQ3K

5uedTNO

o93mLqn

JgwhDsL

8NRlD95

What watch did you purchase? No pics showing...

Last edited:

gstand

22/4/20
I looked at the url text in your post in order to get to the images. It looks like you bought the same watch as I did - Noob V8s sub.

My QC pics had the same issue as yours - the machined out area surrounding the crown (at the case) is pretty rough. I'm not too worried about it, but perhaps you might be more sensitive to such quality issues.

I must say that I am surprised by such a crude (and apparently consistent) fabrication flaw from the mighty NOOB factory :)

As a note, I looked at other Noob Sub v8s pics from trustytimes site (he has some QC examples), and I don't see this horrendous flaw. Who knows, maybe it's a new thing since these are now considered older models. Perhaps they cut corners with the older ones.

Last edited:

gstand

22/4/20
...and what a gen crown area looks like:
XK2bk.jpg

Last edited:

rambamodam

Looking Around
19/5/20
...and what a gen crown area looks like:
XK2bk.jpg

Wow good eye! Didnt even see that at all. What I have noticed and asked for retakes was the date. Not sure if it was the angle the photo was taken but the date seemed to be not in center.

I didnt order a noob v8 btw, its an ARF v3. Crazy that the even since the v8 the crown area still hasnt been fixed. I guess since its a less obvious place to stare at? Not sure..

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
:picard2: These are replica watches for Pete's sake.

Reactions: Tucker

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
You guys should also notice that the coronet on the crown is not at 12 in the QC pics. In the gen it is perfect.

gstand

22/4/20
:picard2: These are replica watches for Pete's sake.

No kidding - my point is that the quality varies quite a bit from watch to watch. Ramba asked for an opinion - I gave him one - and it's an objective, accurate assessment of the fabrication quality, not a complete condemnation of the watch. If I thought the flaw on my watch was unacceptable, I would have rejected the watch. There is also another recent sale of the Noob v8s that has much better fabrication in this area.

It looked more like the one shown on the web site:
XqK7Y.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CartoonZombie

gstand

22/4/20
Here's a Noob V8s that Orville just ordered - this same area looks fine. Again, I am pointing out the inconsistency in the fabrication - I realize the nature of these factories. These are just observations for general awareness. Clearly, my expectations and comments are not unrealistic - Orville's didn't display this defect:
Xq8SI.jpg

Last edited:

gstand

22/4/20
Wow good eye! Didnt even see that at all. What I have noticed and asked for retakes was the date. Not sure if it was the angle the photo was taken but the date seemed to be not in center.

I didnt order a noob v8 btw, its an ARF v3. Crazy that the even since the v8 the crown area still hasnt been fixed. I guess since its a less obvious place to stare at? Not sure..

The date is slightly to the right, and a little low in the window, but not too bad at all. Mine is slightly to the left. I've seen other versions / factories that are much worse - especially with respect to date wheels / fonts. Every factory and version seems to have their strengths and weaknesses with respect to gen replication. Clearly, each factory also has a quality variance within its own production line. Therefore, as long as a flaw isn't immediately noticeable, or the replication is just a tad off, I don't mind that much. None of these watches / factories are perfect, so it makes it easier to try different ones.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Preaching to the choir brother, preaching to the choir.

gstand

22/4/20
Preaching to the choir brother, preaching to the choir.

hehehe.....yep - it just becomes more evident and important once you actually get involved in the buying process. It's one thing to read about other people's experience and opinion, and another to go through it yourself.

It's definitely an interesting and involved hobby!