Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TransferWise Credit Card payments - puretime

Hi

I’m a first time buyer looking to buy myself a Submariner for my birthday. I found what I wanted on Puretime but they don’t accept visa. That’s fine. I tried to pay through TransferWise and my payment was declined. When I called my cc bank I’m told that this was declined because it’s being attempted as a cash advance payment so even though I have enough credit I don’t have enough in cash advance. I was told to contact puretime. They still haven’t got back to me. I contacted TransferWise who then told me to contact my bank. Basically the run around.

Has anyone had a similar problem? No I do not have a MasterCard and I’d rather not use my checking account.

Should I forget using puretime and go through another TD?

Thanks in advance

Friend, It's same for all transferwise,even if you go through another TD. You will need to speak to your bank for this.

Comment

I did some extra research and discovered the problem. Transferwise treats all credit card payments as cash advance which means extra fees.

The problem in my case is the watch I was trying to pay for exceeds my cash advance limit even though I have enough credit limit.

This is not a vendor (puretime) issue. This is not even a bank or Transferwise issue individually. This is kinda in between the communication between the bank and Transferwise.

Overall I can’t pay for the watch until puretime is able to accept visa again. At least I learned something new

Comment

Originally posted by Guru_Premier View Post
        I did some extra research and discovered the problem. Transferwise treats all credit card payments as cash advance which means extra fees.

The problem in my case is the watch I was trying to pay for exceeds my cash advance limit even though I have enough credit limit.

This is not a vendor (puretime) issue. This is not even a bank or Transferwise issue individually. This is kinda in between the communication between the bank and Transferwise.

Overall I can’t pay for the watch until puretime is able to accept visa again. At least I learned something new
        Transferwise is a currency exchange app. They have to convert it to cash to make the transfer. Don't know how WU does it.

Comment

i have used transferwise on many transactions in the past, sometimes bank blocks but with a call that can be sorted. find it much better than using western union like in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by GBB_19NHS View Post
            i have used transferwise on many transactions in the past, sometimes bank blocks but with a call that can be sorted. find it much better than using western union like in the old days.
            Good to know, thanks on the info

Comment

I personally pay TD with transferwise many times (I even pay my developers with it). I simply do a direct transfer than flffuing around with credit card etc. Also most TDs offers you a 5% discount with bank transfer so I'm not sure why most people don't take advantage of this method - well unless you can't finance the watch in full but need to buy it in credit.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer using my credit card because it’s my airlines card so I get frequent flyer miles each time I use it. And I feel I feel safer using it online as opposed to my bank.

Right now I’m debating if I should attempt my cars again ( I’ve already called them twice), or should I try through my bank. I’m not stressing it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X