• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Extra cost charged

supergracco

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Hi to everyone, could you please explain me the extra cost that is charged for an order on Puretime? I was trying to buy a watch for 278$ + 45$ of shipment. I have a credit card witn around 380$ of credit, and an error appear during the process. I wrote to puretime sales department and they told me the extra costs are not dependent on them, and they don't know which is the % of extra costs. Anyone with the same problem? Thank you so much

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
This comes up all the time from new members, the extra charges are made by the card processing company that puretime use, it's the same with all Chinese based dealers, puretime only receive the combined cost plus shipping, the extra is a mix of poor exchange rate and costs added by the processing company.

this part is just my opinion so might not be factual but, I think the processing company can give bad rates plus high charges because they are one of the few that turn a blind eye to the fact their services are being used to buy counterfeit goods.

where are you based if you are in the UK or Europe try using KSWatch they take payment straight into uk bank account the price they quote is the price you will pay.

supergracco

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Thank you, I live in Italy, Rome. I know that is not a Puretime fault, but the extra commissions are very high

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am truely sorry for this. The exchange rate for this business is extremely bad because it is not legit. Please use bitcoin or transferwise next time if you worry about the fees.