• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time buying from PureTime - It is a nightmare !! Buy at your own risk

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
You have succinctly described your grievance. But the forum, normally, wont push to remedy the grievance of a 4 poster in such matters.

True Knight 80

Horology Curious
5/11/19
You have succinctly described your grievance. But the forum, normally, wont push to remedy the grievance of a 4 poster in such matters.

It's alright, I am prepared that it does not make any difference. My bigger objective is to share my experience and prevent the same thing and losses from happening to other bros and sis in this forum. At the most, I lost a few hundred bucks from my current order, I can give up on this Puretime order and I can order again from other dealers to get my watch.

But a business who does not handle it well, a business who does not value the concept of "First Come First Serve" and that "Every customer is important", I should not keep quiet about this. At the most I lost few hundred bucks from this order but I may save many potential customers' future grievances.

Reactions: os0281

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
im actually curious who you placed your order with

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Touliloup

Horology Curious
3/2/20
Since every model is different and require different components, there is nothing like first come first serve...
the factories relies on many other factories to source the part they need, so it's not because the assembling factory is open that all pieces required for your watch are available and that your watch will ship straight away.

Reactions: TimingGun

True Knight 80

Horology Curious
5/11/19
True Knight 80 , you realize you have tagged 2 different people in your post , one is the real puretime , the other was a scammer pretending to be puretime , who is now banned

I bought from the real puretime

puretime This is the order number: #100189182 16th Jan 2020, Status: confirmed and paid on 16th Jan 2020

I ordered:
1 x AP BLUE RUBBER STRAP FOR ROO JF
1 x 2018 SEAMASTER DIVER 300M SS/RG VSF 1:1 BEZEL BLUE DIAL ON SS/RG BRACELET A8800

Sorry I do not know how to embed screenshoot. If I can embed, I would have embed the whole order invoice in this forum.

There is a lady name Elena from Puretime handled my order.
Is there someone else of a higher authority from Puretime or a more driven sales person who can help me push my order ?

Thanks everyone for the help.

Reactions: domi51

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I bought from the real puretime

puretime This is the order number: #100189182 16th Jan 2020, Status: confirmed and paid on 16th Jan 2020

I ordered:
1 x 2018 SEAMASTER DIVER 300M SS/RG VSF 1:1 BEZEL BLUE DIAL ON SS/RG BRACELET A8800

Sorry I do not know how to embed screenshoot. If I can embed, I would have embed the whole order invoice in this forum.

There is a lady name Elena from Puretime handled my order.
Is there someone else of a higher authority from Puretime or a more driven sales person who can help me push my order ?

Thanks everyone for the help.

Well if its a legit order , Angus will take care of you , things are hectic in china ATM , as you know , so the factories are slow , alot of the things being sold right now were already built before the CV shit , once the factories are back up to par , orders will start flowing again .....

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Is that what you meant? You’re curious to see if he place it with the real puretime or a scammer puretime? Lol

That is what i meant , why ?

and why "LOL" ?

kiki@oe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/20
Buddy you need to take a breath. China has been under martial law essentially. No new watches have been manufactured yet as factories are only starting next week and with a huge backlog. I’ve received QC pics for 5 watches from Puretime last week. I have like 40 on order (went a bit crazy over the holidays). They’re working through them in the order they can procure them not the order of order date. Elena and the whole team have been very responsive. I know it’s annoying right now and I am practicing patience a lot too but be understanding this is not normal at all. Also many factories are not receiving components currently either as couriers and factories have huge backlogs too.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
True Knight 80 Perhaps you should consider this process as a way to learn to be patient. Everything about buying and owning replica watches is an exercise in this valuable quality. Learn to let go of your sense of entitlement. It won’t endear you to the other members here, who really couldn’t give a toss about your slightly delayed first order. With patience and serenity you’ll be able to enjoy your new purchase, when it eventually arrives, as it inevitably will - because Puretime is a TRUSTED dealer at RWI, RG and RWG.

True Knight 80

Horology Curious
5/11/19
Since every model is different and require different components, there is nothing like first come first serve...
the factories relies on many other factories to source the part they need, so it's not because the assembling factory is open that all pieces required for your watch are available and that your watch will ship straight away.

Hi bros, don't worry, I am a very reasonable and nice person. It is rare of me to complain.
I bought quite a number of watches from other dealers here too. I know that different watches have different time to prepare, due to parts etc, but this has really crossed the line.

I want to be very fair and very transparent. Therefore I indicated what did I order and the date of my order and payment:

Date: 16th Jan 2020 paid and ordered:

I do not want to side any other dealers, but please feel free to check right now the above 2 items with any dealers you have worked with or bought with.
These 2 items are available. This is the main reason why I am angry. If I were to order with other dealers today, I would have receive the QC photos in a few days' time.

In fact, you can even try to order the same items today in Puretime website, you may even get the items faster than me, even though I ordered so early on 16 Jan 2020.
I believe puretime has screwed up my order. And seriously you don't need few months to manufacture a blue rubber strap. Minimally, they should at least send me a photo of the strap.

Now, I am coming from a very fair and transparent perspective, and I will document this buying experience/review here.

16th Jan 2020 - Ordered, paid and confirmed
dd/mm/yyyy ???? - Let's see how long puretime handle this issue and when are they going to send me QC photo of a watch and a strap from 2 different factories. Today is 23 Feb.
dd/mm/yyyy - Let's see how long I receive both items in the end. Maybe April 2020? puretime To be very transparent, I am keeping puretime in the loop of this forum article.

I believe puretime might have a team handling everyone's orders and depend on who is the person handling the order, some may be more driven and competent, just like any other employees.
Therefore I see inconsistencies in the feedback too, some claim they are good, at the same time some complain about them in this this forum too.

This is my first time buying from Puretime.
So if you know someone good or someone of higher authority from puretime who can help me push through the order, please let me know/pm me the contacts and I will be very appreciative.
I want to close this issue and move on.

Thanks,

Touliloup

Horology Curious
3/2/20
After buying that many watch you must know that when a dealer say that the watch is in stock it usually only means that he knows a factory from which to order from. It's extremely rare that they actually do have it in stock.
I think lots of people are waiting for there QC as many post in this forum shows so I don't know why you get the feeling that you're extra special and that some higher authorities need to be contacted to push your order...
Also you've ordered just before the Chinese New year public holiday and now with the Coronavirus I wouldn't expect your watch to show up so soon.

I don't know which TD you've contacted but the one I was in contact with were still not operational.

Reactions: agewaiver

True Knight 80

Horology Curious
5/11/19
True Knight 80 Perhaps you should consider this process as a way to learn to be patient. Everything about buying and owning replica watches is an exercise in this valuable quality. Learn to let go of your sense of entitlement. It won’t endear you to the other members here, who really couldn’t give a toss about your slightly delayed first order. With patience and serenity you’ll be able to enjoy your new purchase, when it eventually arrives, as it inevitably will - because Puretime is a TRUSTED dealer at RWI, RG and RWG.

I would say everyone has different views and preferences. Time does matter to me.

If I order on 16th Jan 2020, it does matter to me if I receive on 16th Feb 2020, or 16th April 2020 or 16th July 2020 or 16th Jan 2021.

Yes I know ultimately I may receive the watch after multiple chasing and escalation, but the time taken does matter to me. Just being very honest.

When there are so many dealers here are being classified as Trusted, all these things like customer service, time of delivery does make a difference in selecting which dealer to go for.

This forum is created to share. So, nothing wrong in sharing feedback and experience like these. If no ones give a toss about all these, you would not even need a forum like this and create a section to advise everyone who are the trusted dealers.

Trust has to be earned.

True Knight 80

Horology Curious
5/11/19
Buddy you need to take a breath. China has been under martial law essentially. No new watches have been manufactured yet as factories are only starting next week and with a huge backlog. I’ve received QC pics for 5 watches from Puretime last week. I have like 40 on order (went a bit crazy over the holidays). They’re working through them in the order they can procure them not the order of order date. Elena and the whole team have been very responsive. I know it’s annoying right now and I am practicing patience a lot too but be understanding this is not normal at all. Also many factories are not receiving components currently either as couriers and factories have huge backlogs too.

Thanks for sharing. Noted. At least now I have a better picture of the situation.

Thanks.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
[...]I’ve received QC pics for 5 watches from Puretime last week. I have like 40 on order (went a bit crazy over the holidays).[...]

F.O.U.R.T.Y.??? :thumbup:

People say you shouldn't text your ex when you're drunk, but the same goes for ordering stuff on the Internet. :bolt:

True Knight 80

Horology Curious
5/11/19

By the way, when did you order ?

I ordered 1 x VSF watch and 1 x JF strap on 16th Jan 2020, before chinese new year. No QC photos yet till date.

I told Elena that I hope they at least send the strap's QC photo over first. But I was told I have to wait till March due to coronavirus.
I know alot of people have ordered during Chinese New Year and recently Feb, they have already received QC photo.

The thing is that my previous dealer, a smaller dealer whom I ordered more frequently, can obtain my goods next week. Seems that different dealers can produce the goods at different timing, even though the watch is from the same factory. If all of the dealers tell me that my goods are not available, I would not have raised this issue about puretime.

But experiencing a couple of dealers, now I can really see that dealers does make quite alot of difference... some is really much faster and more responsive.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Trust has to be earned.
Trust has been earned. The clue is in the designation: TD. This is why I mention that your singular gripe about "having a bit of a wait", as a newcomer here and posted during a health crisis in China, is not going to matter very much to anyone as far as sharing feedback goes.

I told Elena that I hope they at least send the strap's QC photo over first. But I was told I have to wait till March due to coronavirus.
I know alot of people have ordered during Chinese New Year and recently Feb, they have already received QC photo.
Your strap is part of a single order. Is it really that critical to have QC photos of a strap at the earliest opportunity, because you assume that the strap must be easy to get?

Also, I normally wouldn't bother to respond to this sort of whining impatient entitled drivel, but your stupidly hyperbolic thread title, "It is a nightmare !! Buy at your own risk" compelled me to.

Last edited: