• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second order on PT - Rolex GMT master II

Gusljung

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/18
Hi everyone,

This is the second time I order via PT. Last time I ordered a noob Rolex Daytona Panda with no major issues. I have now ordered a GMT Master II (ARF factory). I made the payment yesterday via Bitcoin. I have sent all the confirmations and have not received confirmation of the payment yet (somewhat concerning but I have all the transaction details that were sent to Shuang at PT and Jennifer).

They have told me that I will have to wait perhaps 2-3 weeks for a new batch. That is fine. I also ordered with EU forward so that will be good to try out.

looking forward to receiving the watch!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your supporting to Puretime. We will keep you updated and arrange to you as soon as we recieve the new stocks. Thank you

Gusljung

26/12/18
I would like to give some feedback regarding this order.

My order was placed late November. ARF have a new batch to PT (based on forum feedback) in December before Xmas. I rejected my first QC because the watch was horrible and I suspect rejected from another buyer before me. I received new QCs in early Jan. Same thing, rejected due to terrible quality.

I emailed the broader PT team to complain about this. I felt like they were almost making fun of me with these QC pics. I didn’t get a reply. Then CNY happened and corona.

I requested I get a refund. I did get a refund but I didn’t get the exact $ amount that I sent. This was via BTC and I got -25$ less.

I am never buying from PT again and will move on to another TD

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I would like to give some feedback regarding this order.

My order was placed late November. ARF have a new batch to PT (based on forum feedback) in December before Xmas. I rejected my first QC because the watch was horrible and I suspect rejected from another buyer before me. I received new QCs in early Jan. Same thing, rejected due to terrible quality.

I emailed the broader PT team to complain about this. I felt like they were almost making fun of me with these QC pics. I didn’t get a reply. Then CNY happened and corona.

I requested I get a refund. I did get a refund but I didn’t get the exact $ amount that I sent. This was via BTC and I got -25$ less.

I am never buying from PT again and will move on to another TD

I think you’ve probably overreacted. The QC pics are very very up close, closer than even sticking the watch right in front of your eyes, so what may look like a fault in the QC pics is likely unnoticeable to the human eye, or even a straight up trick of the camera. They weren’t making fun of you, they just kept presenting QC pics of good watches in the hope that you would realise the watch is really ok.

Regarding the difference in refund amount, it is perfectly normal for the transaction charge not to be refunded, the TD shouldn’t be out of pocket because you changed your mind about buying the watch.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We never tried to send bad QC pictures on purpose. The "spots" you pointed out on qc pictures are always hard to notice by naked eyes. Also, the quantity of ARF GMT is always limited and we show exactly what the factory delivered to us. You were lucky to have been sent two sets of QC pictures because some customers haven't had a chance to get one round of pictures .
I am sorry it didn't work out and a refund had been processed. The BTC value may drop . That's why we usually don't want the customer to ask for a refund when it's paid by BTC but keep as a store credit.

Gusljung

26/12/18
I hate to disagree with both responses but I do so strongly. The reason why I rejected them numerous times was not because I was being picky, but because the quality was poor.

and in response to BTC going down in price. BTC has gone up atleast 40% since I made my payment...

I may not be active in the forums by posting so I hope that’s not the reason why you think I’m overreacting.

either way, this is feedback and future users can make whatever they want of it. Rmember, I had purchased from PT before (over the course of a year + ago). No issues then. I had serious issues now and I am going to another TD

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I hate to disagree with both responses but I do so strongly. The reason why I rejected them numerous times was not because I was being picky, but because the quality was poor.

and in response to BTC going down in price. BTC has gone up atleast 40% since I made my payment...

I may not be active in the forums by posting so I hope that’s not the reason why you think I’m overreacting.

either way, this is feedback and future users can make whatever they want of it. Rmember, I had purchased from PT before (over the course of a year + ago). No issues then. I had serious issues now and I am going to another TD

What were the quality problems? Can you share the QC photos with the issues to back up your claims?

Gusljung

26/12/18
Sorry for the late reply. I was not sure if I should drop the subject or not. You can see the pictures I sent back and mainly these were me asking QUESTIONS to see if that was dust/debris and could be cleaned out. I never got an answer to any of these but rather they gave me other watch pics weeks later.

And regarding BTC. I sent my BTC payment in late November when it was much lower compared to previous and future months. I got my BTC when it was at it’s 3 month time high

Gusljung

26/12/18
There is the screenshot of the BTC and USD price development. The first circle shows when I bought BTC to transfer to PT and the second shows when PT gave me back BTC. They alluded to me not receiving my full amount (and I mean my full USD amount, not even BTC amount) to BTC going down in value. That is complete BS in my case!

teaston

20/3/16
UK
And here I have resized you first photo to the actual size of the watch, if you view this on a 24" monitor. Do you still see any issues? :idontno:

I19TW.png

Last edited:

Gusljung

26/12/18
Yes I do. That’s why I pointed them out. And I REQUESTED that they try to clean it if it’s debris.

And thanks for pointing out just one part of my complaint. Do you have any answers to the others? If you’re going to try and shoot down all my arguments then maybe you should try shooting down all my QC pics and my BTC complaint.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Yes I do. That’s why I pointed them out. And I REQUESTED that they try to clean it if it’s debris.

And thanks for pointing out just one part of my complaint. Do you have any answers to the others? If you’re going to try and shoot down all my arguments then maybe you should try shooting down all my QC pics and my BTC complaint.

What defects can you see in my photo?!

They are reps, they look incredible for how much they cost, but if you want perfect then go and buy a gen for $10k, after the years of being on a waiting list of course.

Gusljung

26/12/18
I see some mis coloring or debris in the bezel. I also see a misaligned datewheel. And if we’re going to be picky, the Renaut is misaligned.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments and point of view. Now you know what you can expect from PT and they know what to expect from you as a buyer.

Good luck with your purchases.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I see some mis coloring or debris in the bezel. I also see a misaligned datewheel. And if we’re going to be picky, the Renaut is misaligned.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments and point of view. Now you know what you can expect from PT and they know what to expect from you as a buyer.

Good luck with your purchases.

The rehaut looks perfectly aligned, and the date window is just the angle of the camera.