• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just GL'd my QC, but only have 7 days till I move countries

Pixelman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/19
So um Im moving countries from NZ. Basically I just green lite my QC. do you guys think I would be able to get my package? Im flying out next Tuesday 26 so that leaves me roughly 7 days.

Any one recently got their packages? how long did it take them to get your watch to your door from the time you GL it?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
That would depend quite a lot on what shipping method the dealer is using, wouldn't it.

If it's Airmail, you haven't got a chance in hell.

If it's 24H Express shipping, then it'll probably be OK.

Pixelman

8/11/19
That would depend quite a lot on what shipping method the dealer is using, wouldn't it.

If it's Airmail, you haven't got a chance in hell.

If it's 24H Express shipping, then it'll probably be OK.

24 hour express shipping? i didnt even see this as an option when i checked out. But I picked the 30 dollar express shipping.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Probably should have RL'd, then moved, then GL'd. Either that or had it sent to a friend until you get a new address. Looks like you FU'd.

Reactions: tripdog

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Balls of steel here !

Reactions: tripdog

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So um Im moving countries from NZ. Basically I just green lite my QC. do you guys think I would be able to get my package? Im flying out next Tuesday 26 so that leaves me roughly 7 days.

Any one recently got their packages? how long did it take them to get your watch to your door from the time you GL it?

It's unpredictable. It's better to hold the order till you have a new address

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Since you're willing to take the risk, which I'm an agreement with the mods that I do not believe you'll get it, what was the purpose of this thread? if you knew you were moving why didn't you wait until after you had your new address set up?

Pixelman

8/11/19
Since you're willing to take the risk, which I'm an agreement with the mods that I do not believe you'll get it, what was the purpose of this thread? if you knew you were moving why didn't you wait until after you had your new address set up?

I j wanted to know what other people's shipping time was. Moving countries isn't exactly gonna be easy. It's gonna take me at least 2 weeks to setup and settle down. So if I tell them to hold it That's at least 3+ weeks at the TD.

this was calculated risk. I read around a bit more and it seems the Average time is about 5 days and that was from China to America.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I j wanted to know what other people's shipping time was. Moving countries isn't exactly gonna be easy. It's gonna take me at least 2 weeks to setup and settle down. So if I tell them to hold it That's at least 3+ weeks at the TD.

this was calculated risk. I read around a bit more and it seems the Average time is about 5 days and that was from China to America.

My customs experience in the US is anywhere from a couple of hours to 6 days, excluding the actual Transit time which is typically 3-5 days for ems. I'd suggest you set up a forwarding address with the post office if it doesn't arrive on time. Is there someone who could collect it and forward it to you? I'm very doubtful you'll receive it unless you paid for express shipping.

Reactions: Tucker

Pixelman

8/11/19
My customs experience in the US is anywhere from a couple of hours to 6 days, excluding the actual Transit time which is typically 3-5 days for ems. I'd suggest you set up a forwarding address with the post office if it doesn't arrive on time. Is there someone who could collect it and forward it to you? I'm very doubtful you'll receive it unless you paid for express shipping.

I live in NZ. I paid for the 30 dollar express shipping. If I miss it, i'll just ask my Flatmate to hold it. for a few weeks.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I live in NZ. I paid for the 30 dollar express shipping. If I miss it, i'll just ask my Flatmate to hold it. for a few weeks.

That is ok if somebody can collect the package for you.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I'm in NZ too, my order was packed on the 28th October and arrived on the 8th November in Hamilton. Redirect it to me and I'll look after if for ya ;)

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Definitely not sorry mate! If you can get your flatmate to sort it out for you I'm sure you'll be fine.