• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SERVICE AND WONDERING IF GOT SCAMMED

Mjav88

Horology Curious
7/9/19
I’m sharing my horrible experience with a recent purchase with Puretime.

I ordered a 2018 VSF Omega Seamaster v2 more than a month ago. It’s one of the most popular models on the site so it shouldn’t be a problem right? Payment was confirmed 11.10., all good. Before arranging payment, I kindly asked the sales rep Jennifer if it’s possible to check the watch in different positions and she assured me that it’s not a problem (this is important for later). Few days later i get the QC. The watch had some very obvious flaws on the dial, so i rejected it. The QC is handled by another person, Elena, and she kept trying to push this watch on me, taking more photos even though i told her clearly i want a new one (the problem was really noticeable the lume was grossly misaligned in multiple positions). I’m in no hurry to take what is obviously other people’s reject so i wait for a new one.

About a week after that, i get new QC photos, this time the watch is ok, but amplitude is bad (it was under 150 i think). I ask her about this (my replies are always very quick), and ask her if she can test the watch in different positions. Somehow, she took this as an approval and i get a notification that the watch is already on the way. Luckily i live in China, so the goods are here in less than 2 days.

As soon as i get it, my suspicions are confirmed. The watch barely works dial up, and completely stops in upright position. Anyone with the slightest knowledge in watches could have noticed this upon closer inspection of the balance wheel. Not to mention someone who does this all day. No worries, I think, the website says 6 months warranty and goods delivery in China is lightning fast. Website also says warranty is void if i take it to a watchsmith myself so i think better be safe and send it back for repair.

I talk to Elena that my watch has problems and she asks me if i have wound up the watch. Sure lady, I told you in the beginning i was worried about the movement, something you should have noticed just taking a look at the back, but yes, I’m the noob here. Finally after a few more mails i get the address to send back the watch and pay the few kuai to send it back. I mail her the tracking no. and a few days go by. No news. I see online that the goods are delivered. Still no news. I ask and Elena says the tracking no. I sent her is wrong. I reply by sending her the actual photo of the express invoice. Now a reply comes from a new guy - Shuang. He is supposed to be in the repair department. He tells me that the address i sent to return the watch isn’t their office, but a middle man. Another forwarder. He tells me he needs to check with him. Days go by, he stops replying to my mails. Now i’m getting nervous, and quite frankly annoyed. I track down the middle man, add him on Wechat and ask him what’s up (luckily i can speak Chinese). He’s really professional and promptly replies that he already forwarded the package to them 1.11. (I sent it back 30.10, he recieved it 31.10). But that i have to check with Puretime about the news. Problem is, this was 2 weeks ago. Shuang and Elena have both since stopped replying to my messages and i’m now left wondering if i’ve just been scammed out of 330$. Below i will post some photos as proof of my experience.

In conclusion, i’m really disappointed by the service, Puretime. Talking to your staff, I might as well be talking to a tree. So what to do now? I can’t even get a feedback from you guys anymore.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Came in here prepared to bash a reddit boi but your complaints seem somewhat legit.

i do agree it’s annoying but patience is the name of the game I’m afraid. Can’t do more than wait or open a help desk ticket.

Mjav88

Horology Curious
7/9/19
I agree patience is the name of the game. What annoys me is that this could all have been prevented if Elena took 5 more sec and done her job. Also, Shuang keeps reassuring me that he needs to check with the middle man what happened (this was last week). What he didn't know is that I can speak Chinese and checked myself, only to find out that it was sent out long time ago.

I appreciate what these guys are doing and i would love to become a repeat customer but they need to get their shit together. I'm only posting here because they've since stopped replying to my mails.

Reactions: phamhohiep

Interesting

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Wonder if the HK riots have anything to do with this slide in quality of service.

Last edited:

Mjav88

Horology Curious
7/9/19
Interesting I've joined RWI before I bought the watch. Made a ton of research. Been a lurker mostly so haven't posted anything. Figured i'll be ok if I go with the best. Guess i've been proven wrong.

Reactions: johnlogan

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I’m on my phone at the moment but there should be an option in the drop down menu I believe. It will say RWI Help Desk if I’m not mistaken. Good luck to you.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Yep, i was ready to bully you expecting a noob's complain, but your preoccupation is legit.

Open a help desk ticket. Mods will help you and everything will be resolved

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for what happened to the customer.

Firstly the watch was sent because we didnt receive a hold instruction in 24 hours, but yeah we are lucky this time because the customer is in China.

Secondly, for obvious reasons we cannot send our address to customers for returns, we hire someone who helps us to receive the returns and he at the same time is helping a lot of people to take returns so usually it takes a few days for him to pick up and deliver to us.

We have a lot of returns every day and we cannot track every one so we only contact the customer when the person delivers us the package, we didnt contact you even you saw "delivered" by the courier because the package was delivered to the person who helps us to pick up packages only.

If we wanted to scam you and we would have not shipped the watch in the first place.

Finally, and I have mentioned many times else where before, we had a staff got pregnant and she is on leave at the moment so we are short handed at the moment so it could cause some delay in the repair service, but at the same time we are actively hiring new staff since Christmas is coming and we need more people to handle the order volume.

I have checked with my people and they told me the package was received today from the person and we have also informed the customer that we have received the return and we will process and send it back ASAP.

Please accept my sincere apology and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mjav88

Horology Curious
7/9/19
Well that was fast. Got home and saw both a mail from PT and a message here. Just really disappointed i have to go through such lengths to get a reply. When I wrote mails i was just ignored.

Firstly I asked twice for the watch to be checked before sending. My request was ignored. I can take screenshots of the whole mail conversation so people here can judge themselves.

Secondly, as I described in detail, after I found out there is a middle man, I reached out to him and he told me he sent it out to you guys already 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile I’m being told by you guys that my tracking no. is wrong, and you’re still checking with the forwarder and haven’t received anything. Mail here in China is lightning fast, it takes 2 days from Shanghai to Guangzhou, so you can understand why i was worried. Next time just be honest. Tell me that your forwarder already sent out but you have a lot of work. I don’t mind waiting, I just don’t like people misleading me.

In any case, thanks a lot for the quick reply PT. I’m glad the issue is not hanging anymore. I don’t mind waiting if you are understaffed. But please, check the watch in different positions before sending out this time and send me the QC photos. I just wrote Shuang the same. Hope I won’t be ignored again. It will save us all a lot of time.

Imagine if i wasn’t in China. Big problems for everybody.

And lastly, thanks you guys at RWI for all of your support! Really appreciate your feedback, i was starting to think i was becoming paranoid lol :) will keep all of you guys updated on this.

Reactions: PatPzKdt and IWCAP

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Good to see things appear to be getting resolved, and understand your frustration.
i am far too impatient in these situations, hence my reluctance to put my self in that position....
i prefer to buy m2m, or I have a member who will add my order to his, if I must have new....

Reactions: PatPzKdt

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
OP, your post here has perhaps resulted in a faster turn than submitting a help ticket. This sort of posting is frowned upon, but, I think a well composed post is in the benefit of all, including saving time of the moderators attending to help desk tickets.

It is not just PT, other TD's also dislike spending time on thorough timegrapher measurements. A while ago, a different TD, of good repute here, flatly refused to send me photo of a full screen readout when asked. So I asked for the order to be cancelled and I be refunded. They were very prompt, but both TD and I lost a few bucks in that process.

Yet another TD, of perhaps the highest repute here, on my most recent order, didnt send me measurements that I asked. He just said "all's fine buddy". Well, all is not fine, it ain't broken like your situation, but ain't fine fine per my perspective. The fella has assured me that next order, he will provide as I ask.

Moral here: all TDs are similar, but one might be able to cultivate a personal rapport with smaller TDs where one might get a bit more personalized service.

Mjav88

Horology Curious
7/9/19
I can appreciate if TDs think checking each watch is too time consuming. But then just be honest about it. What bothers me is that i asked if this is possible in advance (before payment), and promised this is not a problem. Only to be ignored once the money changes hands.

Reactions: ALIBOOMAYE

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia
It is not just PT, other TD's also dislike spending time on thorough timegrapher measurements. A while ago, a different TD, of good repute here, flatly refused to send me photo of a full screen readout when asked. So I asked for the order to be cancelled and I be refunded. They were very prompt, but both TD and I lost a few bucks in that process.

Moral here: all TDs are similar, but one might be able to cultivate a personal rapport with smaller TDs where one might get a bit more personalized service.

Actually, I have a case where I approved my QC and was waiting for my tracking number. But instead, my TD emails me saying that he will be changing the watch for me because the timegrapher test didn’t look too good. He sent me a whole new set of QC photos a few days later again.

I’ve been with him for years. Guess that’s where loyalty really pays off.