• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime Purchase #181595 - QC Issues (Bezel Discoloration??)

nishdog007

Horology Curious
3/5/13
Hi All:

I recently placed my 2nd order with PureTime for the PAM683 LUMINOR SUBMERSIBLE VSF 1:1 BEST EDITION. Elena sent me QC pics for review; however, I notified her that I was unhappy with the watch due to what looks like discoloration (darker area) on the bezel.

[h=3][/h] I received an email back from Elena saying the watch is actually good and to check details again. However, I still see the same issue with the bezel:

Is it just me or does anyone else see the issue with the bezel??? Can it be lighting or just the way the picture has been taken??

Thank you for the help!!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Yeah, thats really weird. There’s this big red circle near the 5 o’clock marker.

Hazing

9/5/19
Can we see a copy of the email you sent to elaina where you said you were unhappy? We need all the details.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Yeah, thats really weird. There’s this big red circle near the 5 o’clock marker.

Not sure if there’s a reason to mock him. I think the question is legit.

@op I think it might be a finger print.

Reactions: rolexppapfan

Hazing

9/5/19
Not sure if there’s a reason to mock him. I think the question is legit.

I wouldn’t call it “mocking” as much as an eye roll. But I can think of a few, like 4 or 5 anyway. Which is impressive considering the length of the post and the thought he put into it. Let’s just say I never question whether the TDs earn their money.

nishdog007

Horology Curious
3/5/13

Thanks!

I was hoping it was just a smudge as you pointed out. I would have thought they would have cleaned it prior to sending new QC pics since I pointed it out in my initial email.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Thanks!

I was hoping it was just a smudge as you pointed out. I would have thought they would have cleaned it prior to sending new QC pics since I pointed it out in my initial email.

Actually had a similar thing happen to me on my last order. I asked them to clean it up and send me another pic and it was gone. :)

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
These matt black bezels are prone to that effects when touched with greasy fingers, to me it's just like some QC pics sent with dirts on the watch that buyers get mad about sometimes.

Just read PT changes it then, we'll never know, but I ordered the same watch a couple of days before you from them too. It shows what looks more like dirts on bezel, which is not a deal breaking thing. I GLted the watch, I'll see when I get it...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

nishdog007

Horology Curious
3/5/13
These matt black bezels are prone to that effects when touched with greasy fingers, to me it's just like some QC pics sent with dirts on the watch that buyers get mad about sometimes.

Just read PT changes it then, we'll never know, but I ordered the same watch a couple of days before you from them too. It shows what looks more like dirts on bezel, which is not a deal breaking thing. I GLted the watch, I'll see when I get it...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

I think you are completely correct about the matte finish. I just received more QC pics from a second watch they sourced, and the bezel on this one looks worse than the first one did. Not sure if they will have a watch without this issue. Informed Elena again that I was not happy with the QC pics --- will see that they get next.

But the sample pictures (and video) of the watch on the website looked very nice compared to what is being made currently.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It is ceramic and I think it is glue mark, ceramic shouldnt decolorise.

aceblue74

23/12/18
Germany
I wouldn’t call it “mocking” as much as an eye roll. But I can think of a few, like 4 or 5 anyway. Which is impressive considering the length of the post and the thought he put into it. Let’s just say I never question whether the TDs earn their money.

sometimes asking twice is better than rolling eyes
@td Good look for the next watch