• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime Repair Process Question

EphemeralRadar

Looking Around
18/4/18
I ordered an AP from PureTime back in the summer. I got my QC pictures on July 2nd, and received my watch a couple weeks or so later. Unfortunately, upon taking it out of the package, the movement didn't work at all. I emailed them and they provided some instructions on shipping and a form to include with the watch. The watch got back to them on August 8th, and they let me know they had it and it was in the repair department on August 12th. I still don't have much in the way of updates from them and have asked a couple of times and was just told basically, "it's not done yet, please wait". My question is how long is reasonable for a repair on a newly purchased watch like this? It seems to me that a couple of months should be enough time to replace whatever was broken as an entire new watch took less time than that to procure. However, I'm certainly not well informed on the behind-the-scenes processes here, so maybe my expectations are way off? Has anyone else had to have a repair on a watch from them, and if so, how long did it take?

EphemeralRadar

Looking Around
18/4/18
Okay, so after reading some other posts, it seems the only issue here is my ignorance of the process and not enough patience.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am terribly sorry for this, my friend. I have explained many times. We don't fix watches. We return them to the factories. It's not under our control but we can push the factories for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
without opening a can of worms, this in my opinion, is where the process falls down.
yes I fully appreciate the, "your buying a black market product and all that this entails", but the bottom line is, if a watch arrives dead, and sufficient evidence is provided to verify this, why wont the td send out a replacement as soon as he receives the dead watch back?
why leave the customer hacked off and waiting 3months for his watch while its returned to the factory for repair?
why can a replacement not be sent as soon as the faulty item is received.
there must be a better way of managing this, whether its something the td needs to arrange with the factory, I don't know, but ultimately its a profit making business and there must be a better way of keeping the customer happy, because lets be honest, you are going to seriously consider another option if it takes 3months to get a watch that works, if you have paid good money for it.
and yes I fully appreciate, its your choice, but its not good.
I am not having a go at td,s, just wondering if there is a decent solution.

Reactions: chr1ssy

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I remember I explained many times somewhere else but I think not everyone is reading every post so let me explain again.

The replacement process is done at the maker's place, not from PureTime, when a DOA watch is received, we return the watch to the maker and the maker will examine the watch and determine if a repair or replacement is suitable for the watch.

There are also some special situations, the customer removed the protective films of the watch then found out the watch is not working, even it is still DOA but it is already considered as a used watch even it is not used, so when such watch is received, it wont be replaced and can only be repaired.

Sometimes a watch is out of stock and even the watch returned was brand new with original protective films and package, the maker cannot arrange a new one for us and again, they will only fix it rather than replace it.

I know this doesnt sound good but this is how this business works, I wish the makers make perfect watches and no one needs to send the watch back.

I again am sorry to all customers who suffer from this and I can only assure you we would try our best to make things right.

P.S. One thing I forgot to mention, one of our employees got pregnant and she is now on leave so we have two hands short in the office and this also caused the repair process slower, I apologise for this as well.