• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 116520 rolex - Black paint coming out of bezel

Mor981

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
12/8/19
Hi,
What can I do with this situation?
Is someone knows what material do I need to fill in the peeled numbers?
I didn't succeed uplaod the photo so I attached a link with it

https://m.imgur.com/a/WLmwcTp

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
2 to 3 months only... that's bad. It doesn't last that long eh. Hopefully someone can suggest a solution for you.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Unfortunately this happens, even with genuines. The easiest touch up is with a black sharpie marker. You can also use modeler's paint applied with a fine tip like a pin.

Mor981

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
12/8/19
puretime

HI,
Why PM?! I'm sure this problem happens to many people. This post would be helpful for everyone, not only for me.
​​​​
What's your suggestion? What do I need to do? Buy some black mark like Rx4Time suggested ? Maybe puretime would send me a special material for this issue?
Sending back the Daytona for painting the missing marks is not possible.

​​

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Get a CF bezel or do the DIY paint mod. Puretime asked you to PM your order number ..

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
puretime

HI,
Why PM?! I'm sure this problem happens to many people. This post would be helpful for everyone, not only for me.
​​​​
What's your suggestion? What do I need to do? Buy some black mark like Rx4Time suggested ? Maybe puretime would send me a special material for this issue?

​​

Because posting your order number of the open forum is not a good idea ,

actually the best fix for this would be to go buy a bottle of black nail polish and refill the numbers with that , it will last longer than the sharpie

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
puretime

HI,
​​​​

​​

Because it's a private matter between you and the dealer ?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime

HI,
​​​​

​​

Friend, we don't make these watches. This is a manufacturer issue. I asked you to PM me your order number in case you need any help from me (so that i can ask the factory), not trying to stop you posting in public

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
This happens all the time even on gen.

My approach - I do nothing. It makes it look more worn. I have a nice phong bezel on my 116520, that faded too - it happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk