• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My 1st Rep purchase and 1st time with PureTime... will update from start to finish !!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
No. You are correct in joining. After being here for a couple years you will cringe when you see these posts. Most of the Noobs won’t spend time reading the instructional posts that keep the Noobs out of trouble.
Welcome to RWI. You are taking the joking well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: p0pperini

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Come on guys, give the guy a break.
Is he hurting anything? Is he causing you any personal loss? No so why be mean? If you don't like it just move on and read another thread.

Well, in our defense... we’re not hurting anyone either. We’re just having a little fun. And as I always like to say... a little Hazing goes a long way.

Sharky1528

Known Member
28/8/19
Ohio - USA
Come on guys, give the guy a break.
Is he hurting anything? Is he causing you any personal loss? No so why be mean? If you don't like it just move on and read another thread.

trailboss99 Thank You !! at the end of the day I just wanted to make my little post and Boom it turns into this... I broke No Rules and like you said there is No loss to any of the other guys that have posted here !! Step back and look at this ... New guy posts something that Old guys don't like or think is relevant and gets Hazed... so how do Future New guys feel about this kind of thing and RWI itself ?? Sure we are all New once and make a few mistakes but really ??

I did ask for these guys to Move On and use there vast knowledge on posts that don't irritate them but here we are...

So ... I am Patient and understand these things take time.
So ... I don't think posting anything here on PureTime's section helps me get my FAKE watch here faster or makes me special.. ( its all just business to them.. I'm a number just like you were and the next guy will be )
So ... I do have a thick skin and chuckle a little at the 4 pages and how many views this post has chalked up !!

AND JUST FYI... My watch has shipped and is with the shipping company now....

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It’s all part of the rite of passage into the rep hobby.

I’m less than a year into it, so the old hands here still intimidate the heck out of me. On the one hand that’s a shame, because as a noob you want everyone to be accommodating and friendly, but on the other hand - they’ve earned the right to be dismissive and critical, and I’m sure it contributes to cutting down on pointless repetition. Plus, the veterans who take the time to cut us down to size normally do it in an entertaining way. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy Longpockets

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/19
UK
Thinking about "Us Newbies'
We have carefully chosen and joined a new to us forum which is full of excitement where we all would like to make a contribution in posting something which we think is useful as well as entertaining..
So the bloke thinks about doing a Diary of events when purchasing a very expensive copy of a watch...
I'm sure that when he typed his first few lines and pressed the "Post Reply" button that he didn't expect to have as many negative replies as what he has had.
After reading this thread l feel that some noobs will end up buying a watch and will leave this forum as quickly as they came because there are very few newbies who will be able to interact due to the fear of a gang of veterans taking the piss out of them...
If you want this forum to attract new members you must be less critical when someone posts a post like this...
So lets give the bloke some space so that he can at least finish what he set out to do...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Thinking about "Us Newbies'
We have carefully chosen and joined a new to us forum which is full of excitement where we all would like to make a contribution in posting something which we think is useful as well as entertaining..
So the bloke thinks about doing a Diary of events when purchasing a very expensive copy of a watch...
I'm sure that when he typed his first few lines and pressed the "Post Reply" button that he didn't expect to have as many negative replies as what he has had.
After reading this thread l feel that some noobs will end up buying a watch and will leave this forum as quickly as they came because there are very few newbies who will be able to interact due to the fear of a gang of veterans taking the piss out of them...
If you want this forum to attract new members you must be less critical when someone posts a post like this...
So lets give the bloke some space so that he can at least finish what he set out to do...

One can only hope :fingers crossed: I don’t know what the issue is. It’s a silly thread that was commented on appropriately. The op should feel pretty good about the fact that people are interacting at all. It’s a positive thing. 999 out of 1000 of these threads don’t have a single post by anyone other than the op. That’s no fun.

Maybe these type of responses attract the type of members who will fit in best around here. If you guys all want to have a circle jerk in the corner go over to TRF. That’s half the appeal of this place. And if this tread is too much, the op must be new at the internet. You can’t leave a comment on YouTube without 30 intelligent and quick witted users coming out. And it only gets worse when they start sounding like an unappreciated side piece, whining “all I did was everything I’m supposed to.” Lol

Sharky1528

Known Member
28/8/19
Ohio - USA
I'm a man of my word ... like it or not here we go....

Sep 4th 2019 So I sent a e-mail asking if they had my Aqua Terra on hand got the standard automated reply e-mail back...Later that day received a e-mail from Jennifer letting me know the watch was in stock and confirmed they prefer Bitcoin and can do MasterCard for payment.

Sept 5th 2019 I decided to use them as my TD and went to the web site and added the Aqua Terra to my cart and checked out using my Master Card for payment.

Sept 9th 2019 they confirmed my payment and my order went to " Processing " and QC pic's will come in 72 hours.

Sept 10th 2019 QC Pic's were received ( Here are just a few Pic's.. they did send quite a few ! )

BlnKpp.jpg

gAJeOZ.jpg

J5P0ee.jpg

jidwKE.jpg

MOLpyy.jpg

Sept 11th I Approved the QC Pic's

Sept 12th received an e-mail that my order was being sent out

Sept. 12th later in the day I received DHL tracking info

Sept. 16 received an e-mail saying my watch was out for delivery and later that afternoon DHL dropped it off !!

Wow !! this went quicker that I thought ( 12 days from start to finish shipped to me in the USA ) !!! My hats off to PureTime and I will order from them again !! I'm sure this will NOT be my only Rep Watch...

Some Quick Pic's :

2wOZfs.jpg

tLJDBK.jpg

5h7KP0.jpg

WZT7uw.jpg

FBreQk.jpg

0fX2CH.jpg

I may do a small review once I get time to play with it a little and figure it out ... it's my 1st Rep Watch and can only say if your on the fence about getting a Rep just go for it !! Do your home work here on the forum and Zero in on what you want model you want and try and figure out who has the best example at the time and place an order with one of the TD's here on RWI ...

I hope this helps and thanks for reading through the 4 + pages of posts

Reactions: PatPzKdt

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your detailed feedbacks. Glad to know you have well recieved the watch. Enjoy it and we look forward to doing more business with you !!!

Reactions: Watchmewear

Billy Longpockets

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/19
UK
The watch looks lovely....
Thanks for sharing your experience as l found it really helpful.... Enjoy your watch...