• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My 1st Rep purchase and 1st time with PureTime... will update from start to finish !!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Guys... just figured this would help out new guys like myself

I’m sure once you do this a few times it’s a order and forget about it till it arrives kind of thing for the Old Salts on here and it’s not a big deal !QUOTE]

You knew what to do to make an order already, where did you find that info? If you found it already why create another thread about it.

We have a generic guide already anyway, it has all the info you need. These guys are TDs for a reason. It’s no bigger or smaller deal, first time or 20th time. Info is all here so just order and chill.

Seems like you “new guys” think documenting publicly is a way to to ensure your order goes smoothly. Then label
It as some sort of guide for others. There really is no need, we’d much rather see a review of the watch you ordered. If you mist review the buying process, Each TD has a buyer review section you can fill out after the transaction completed.

If you have read the forum you’ll see There’s help here if things wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
It's not a guide for anyone. It's therapy for some anxiety these people take on when ordering a fake watch. Like they break into a profuse sweat the moment they pay, until the watch arrives. Such life changing purchases are probably detrimental to the health of these folks.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
It's not a guide for anyone. It's therapy for some anxiety these people take on when ordering a fake watch. Like they break into a profuse sweat the moment they pay, until the watch arrives. Such life changing purchases are probably detrimental to the health of these folks.

Yes! Exactly what I think it is, paranoia

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Guys... just figured this would help out new guys like myself

I’m sure once you do this a few times it’s a order and forget about it till it arrives kind of thing for the Old Salts on here and it’s not a big deal !QUOTE]

You knew what to do to make an order already, where did you find that info? If you found it already why create another thread about it.

We have a generic guide already anyway, it has all the info you need. These guys are TDs for a reason. It’s no bigger or smaller deal, first time or 20th time. Info is all here so just order and chill.

Seems like you “new guys” think documenting publicly is a way to to ensure your order goes smoothly. Then label
It as some sort of guide for others. There really is no need, we’d much rather see a review of the watch you ordered. If you mist review the buying process, Each TD has a buyer review section you can fill out after the transaction completed.

If you have read the forum you’ll see There’s help here if things wrong.

+1

Just post pics of the watch you received with time from ordering to arrival and is enough

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Yea - I agree with the other fellas, you are creating this thread in the hope that you keep TD in line, and you get what you expect. I am sure you already have conveyed to TD that you will keep a live diary on here, or something similar, with your subliminal thought "you are being watched by the forum".

The problem for the fora is that some TDs spend disproportionate efforts responding to such threads instead of doing their job, i.e. delivering quality products. Other TDs would have given you a swift kick in the butt, by not responding or by blacklisting you, and concentrating on their job.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Yea - I agree with the other fellas, you are creating this thread in the hope that you keep TD in line, and you get what you expect. I am sure you already have conveyed to TD that you will keep a live diary on here, or something similar, with your subliminal thought "you are being watched by the forum".

The problem for the fora is that some TDs spend disproportionate efforts responding to such threads instead of doing their job, i.e. delivering quality products. Other TDs would have given you a swift kick in the butt, by not responding or by blacklisting you, and concentrating on their job.

You also see it for what it is.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

Yeah exactly. But if it helps them get through the day, who cares? Personally I love threads like this, it creates an environment that coddles those indecisive newcomers and invites them to create 1 thread that really contributes to an environment of nerve wracking anxiety and impatience.

Because on September 11th, I wanted to read the forum so I contemplated between phone and tablet. I ultimately decided on my tablet so I picked it up (at this point I could go into why I chose the tablet for any newcomers who are struggling with this same dilemma. i won’t go into all that detail of the actual thought process of why I came to that decision but I will say, the struggle is real. #metoo. I know for you old timers, this decision is probably old-hat but considering the situation but I just decided to go with my tablet instead of my phone), I powered it on and waited for it to boot. It seemed like I was waiting forever. I contemplated picking up my phone and creating a thread to document the maddening frustration of waiting for my tablet to power up but then it came on and I was like “oh my tablet is on. Cool,” so I picked up my tablet and contemplated browser or taptalk? I mean I don’t know how you guys do it. It’s like this is just ‘automatic’ for you guys. Like decisions, decisions, decisions. So I decided on taptalk and I remember on my phone I’m having issues with taptalk (and by the way, you should go to reddit to read my 18 threads on each time I experience frustrations with taptalk. Also 1on here and 1 or rwg. Ya know, I’m just saying... it’s good stuff!). And then I thought “fuck that. I’m not giving taptalk the privilege of allowing it to serve me so I formed a committee in my head about whether I should reconsider the previous decision to use taptalk. Ultimately the committee voted 6 to 4 in favor of the browser but I mean it really could have gone either way. It was a real nail-biter there for a while. So I opened my browser at which point I selected the link for rwi. I pressed the link and as I waited for he site to load..... and let me tell you, if the site was loaded I would have started a thread on the maddening frustration of having to wait for the site to load. But then the site loaded and I started reading some threads with content that is unmatched by anything in the internet. Like really riveting stuff...

wait! What was this thread about?

Sorry i I got distracted by my urge to go to the bathroom. lol be back in 10 minutes with the minute by minute accounting of my time and thought process. And of course.... pics!

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Yeah exactly. But if it helps them get through the day, who cares? Personally I love threads like this, it creates an environment that coddles those indecisive newcomers and invites them to create 1 thread that really contributes to an environment of nerve wracking anxiety and impatience.

Because on September 11th, I wanted to read the forum so I contemplated between phone and tablet. I ultimately decided on my tablet so I picked it up (at this point I could go into why I chose the tablet for any newcomers who are struggling with this same dilemma. i won’t go into all that detail of the actual thought process of why I came to that decision but I will say, the struggle is real. #metoo. I know for you old timers, this decision is probably old-hat but considering the situation but I just decided to go with my tablet instead of my phone), I powered it on and waited for it to boot. It seemed like I was waiting forever. I contemplated picking up my phone and creating a thread to document the maddening frustration of waiting for my tablet to power up but then it came on and I was like “oh my tablet is on. Cool,” so I picked up my tablet and contemplated browser or taptalk? I mean I don’t know how you guys do it. It’s like this is just ‘automatic’ for you guys. Like decisions, decisions, decisions. So I decided on taptalk and I remember on my phone I’m having issues with taptalk (and by the way, you should go to reddit to read my 18 threads on each time I experience frustrations with taptalk. Also 1on here and 1 or rwg. Ya know, I’m just saying... it’s good stuff!). And then I thought “fuck that. I’m not giving taptalk the privilege of allowing it to serve me so I formed a committee in my head about whether I should reconsider the previous decision to use taptalk. Ultimately the committee voted 6 to 4 in favor of the browser but I mean it really could have gone either way. It was a real nail-biter there for a while. So I opened my browser at which point I selected the link for rwi. I pressed the link and as I waited for he site to load..... and let me tell you, if the site was loaded I would have started a thread on the maddening frustration of having to wait for the site to load. But then the site loaded and I started reading some threads with content that is unmatched by anything in the internet. Like really riveting stuff...

wait! What was this thread about?

Sorry i I got distracted by my urge to go to the bathroom. lol be back in 10 minutes with the minute by minute accounting of my time and thought process. And of course.... pics!

Psycho babble !

You must be related to the OP.

Sharky1528

Known Member
28/8/19
Ohio - USA

Well let me be very clear ( since you guys really know why I'm doing this post ) I wanted to AGAIN post my 1st Rep purchase and document it from when I contacted PureTime and when i get the watch from the delivery company. Like most NEW guys I looked at all the TD sections on here and PureTime stood out because they seemed more involved with this Forum and there section in it which can't be said for some TD's on here. Figured it would be nice to see a " FRESH as in September " documented transaction with all the Raids and what not going on across the pond.

I have pissed away more than $ 500.00 on a questionable internet purchase that I wouldn't see in 30 days more than once in my life so if you really think that me posting my experience here with PureTime is going to keep them from one day closing up shop and taking everyone's money and buying a small Island in the South China Sea just because someone has a documented post on the internet.... your NUTS ! ( I'm sure they are not paying any attention to this kind of stuff and only posted on here when someone was trying to be funny.. you guys are all comedians ) There is NO anxiety on my part because if your on this forum your buying a FAKE watch !! Period and you know it... sure you MIGHT get screwed but dealing with a TD on here limits that by a HUGE margin...

r0b9502 I guess I should have just done a " Review " once I received my watch because I guess that's ok to do and I wouldn't have received this kind of attention .... I mean your "Review " of the ZFIW503502 has the same info as what I have started to included here ... Contact dates , how you paid , QC Pic's Etc Etc... and everyone that replyed to your post was professional and didn't give you the business like " Not another One of these " or " Ban these threads " or " how many times do we need to read another review on a IWC or Rolex "

So in closing your really making a New member feel " Welcome " and after looking at most of the posts you guys make on here ( maybe its your " gig " or "stick " ) but its lots of negative comments trying to be funny ?? ( we really need a comedy section on here ) which hey I'm not going to judge BUT you might want to consider giving New guy Posts a wide birth if this kind of stuff irritates you!!

I really felt this Post was going to add to the community and I could contribute to RWI with my 1st Rep purchase..... guess not....

Wait for ........it...... and go.........

Last edited:
Reactions: PatPzKdt

PatPzKdt

Horology Curious
13/8/19
Well let me be very clear ( since you guys really know why I'm doing this post ) I wanted to AGAIN post my 1st Rep purchase and document it from when I contacted PureTime and when i get the watch from the delivery company. Like most NEW guys I looked at all the TD sections on here and PureTime stood out because they seemed more involved with this Forum and there section in it which can't be said for some TD's on here. Figured it would be nice to see a " FRESH as in September " documented transaction with all the Raids and what not going on across the pond.

I have pissed away more than $ 500.00 on a questionable internet purchase that I wouldn't see in 30 days more than once in my life so if you really think that me posting my experience here with PureTime is going to keep them from one day closing up shop and taking everyone's money and buying a small Island in the South China Sea just because someone has a documented post on the internet.... your NUTS ! ( I'm sure they are not paying any attention to this kind of stuff and only posted on here when someone was trying to be funny.. you guys are all comedians ) There is NO anxiety on my part because if your on this forum your buying a FAKE watch !! Period and you know it... sure you MIGHT get screwed but dealing with a TD on here limits that by a HUGE margin...

r0b9502 I guess I should have just done a " Review " once I received my watch because I guess that's ok to do and I wouldn't have received this kind of attention .... I mean your "Review " of the ZFIW503502 has the same info as what I have started to included here ... Contact dates , how you paid , QC Pic's Etc Etc... and everyone that replyed to your post was professional and didn't give you the business like " Not another One of these " or " Ban these threads " or " how many times do we need to read another review on a IWC or Rolex "

So in closing your really making a New member feel " Welcome " and after looking at most of the posts you guys make on here ( maybe its your " gig " or "stick " ) but its lots of negative comments trying to be funny ?? ( we really need a comedy section on here ) which hey I'm not going to judge BUT you might want to consider giving New guy Posts a wide birth if this kind of stuff irritates you!!

I really felt this Post was going to add to the community and I could contribute to RWI with my 1st Rep purchase..... guess not....

Wait for ........it...... and go.........
Well, I do appreciate your posts. But since I'm a newbie myself, I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A705FN met Tapatalk

Reactions: Sharky1528

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
stufuse;n8149474 Seems like you “new guys” think documenting publicly is a way to to ensure your order goes smoothly. Then label It as some sort of guide for others. There really is no need said:

Reactions: TESLA760 and DD60

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17

Yep - that seems to be more acceptable, or even appreciated, i.e. post as extensive a review as you like, but after receiving product. Note, I have posted reviews where I was happy, and also when I was not.

This is sort of similar to the tradition "dont post QC pics" which (I think) was later modified "unless you have a particular question".

Do not bother about the flaming, I have been flamed too in the past. More at RWG than here. Just develop a thick skin.

And, Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: p0pperini

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Most of us weren't posting these ridiculous threads when we were noobs. There weren't even QC pics back in those days. You ordered a watch and relied on your dealer to get you a good one. We paid $1000 for a WM9, that now gets outdone by watches half it's price. For the most part, people appreciated what we received. Now we have an entitled group of babies that want two dozen macro QC pics that they want to analyze on an electron microscope for flaws that will get them "called out". It is much more valuable to the forum when we read threads where certain versions are reviewed. There's no redeeming value to reading your thread about how you sent a payment at 8:02 pm.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I just read on the forums for about 3-4 years before ever making an account. When I made my account in 2014 I still mostly just read, hardly posted as the veterans had much more to contribute than I did so I would just absorb the information they had. I don’t think it’s flaming, everyone is simply pointing out what you’re doing and how it looks. Trusted dealers are just that, Trusted. Making threads like this is demeaning to them and the hoops they jumped through to become trusted dealers, hope you understand where everyone is coming from and if you don’t now then you will once you spend some more time here. Then you will understand how you made yourself look (kind of like looking at old pictures and being embarrassed).

BIONONE

28/4/17
I just read on the forums for about 3-4 years before ever making an account. When I made my account in 2014 I still mostly just read, hardly posted as the veterans had much more to contribute than I did so I would just absorb the information they had. I don’t think it’s flaming, everyone is simply pointing out what you’re doing and how it looks. Trusted dealers are just that, Trusted. Making threads like this is demeaning to them and the hoops they jumped through to become trusted dealers, hope you understand where everyone is coming from and if you don’t now then you will once you spend some more time here. Then you will understand how you made yourself look (kind of like looking at old pictures and being embarrassed).

+1 Thank you.

Reactions: stufuse

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Most of us weren't posting these ridiculous threads when we were noobs. There weren't even QC pics back in those days. You ordered a watch and relied on your dealer to get you a good one. We paid $1000 for a WM9, that now gets outdone by watches half it's price. For the most part, people appreciated what we received. Now we have an entitled group of babies that want two dozen macro QC pics that they want to analyze on an electron microscope for flaws that will get them "called out". It is much more valuable to the forum when we read threads where certain versions are reviewed. There's no redeeming value to reading your thread about how you sent a payment at 8:02 pm.

Pfft... kids today!