• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1ST Experience with PURETIME... I'M NOT IMPRESSED!

CaptJason340

Looking Around
22/8/19
So, last night after 2 days of research I decide to pull the trigger on my 1st Rep Rolly. I decide to go with Puretime! I pick out my watch select shipping get a total of $389. So, I enter my Mastercard info hit the purchase get some message my payment didn't go through try another card or payment method. Ok 3 cards 3 times I get shot down! Get a message from CC company my card has been restricted. Mastercard sends me a text if I tried to make a purchase for $423.02 to a company MAS*HOMESUIT.INFO. No! I otherized a payment on $389 to purtime! So, If this is attempt to withdrawn the money for my watch what is the extra $34 for???? Don't they know the Chinese Yuan is in DECLINE!!!! Why is this extra money being added to my agreed purchase price? This is extremely SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICE!! No wonder why their having issues with credit cards! If you DON'T want to have issues with the Credit Card don't give people reason to complain like just taking an extra 8% onto the bill with zero justification! If that isn't issue enough Puretime has me listed as 3 separate watch purchases!! They have yet in 20 hours canceled the extra 2 watch purchases after my immediate request! They expect you to trust them with a CASH DEPOSIT when they will clearly try to RIP YOU OFF on a simple CC charge! Anyone have a reputable REP company that I can use? Thanks

Last edited:

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Your right, buying illegal stuff is shady
I haven’t done business with puretime myself but if I was going to I would email them first to see if they had the watch in stock.
then I would pay with bitcoin or wire transfer so I don’t have to deal with credit card companies declining suspicious shady activity.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Puretime are one of the oldest and most reliable out there. Ask Angus what happened and calm down.

Reactions: rj999

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
You did research but you didn’t find common payment issues?

Geez, almost every one here knows the issue buying of illegal goods with credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Hahahaha Puretime and credit card issues has been the problem....since way before I joined. What were you researching for the past 2 days? The watch?

Did you also research which TD and their strengths and weaknesses?

You want tip toff services with Evian water served while you swipe your mastercard. Go to an AD (Authorized Dealer).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TESLA760

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Using cc in these cases is not the best option.
There has been a lot of issues with. Various issues like: Not working, extra charge from cc companies or refusal because the recipient raises flags...
You can read about this in several sections.

I assume you have paid now, right?
In that case, accept your 34 dollar loss and let the waiting game start. After qc pictures you’ll receive a watch with a story and you still will be very pleased with it.

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
After qc pictures you’ll receive a watch with a story and you still will be very pleased with it.

i think what will happy now is we will get more episodic panics and make threads as follows:

“I have PAID for the watch since LAST WEEK and I didnt get the QC pics yet!!”

then a few days later.

”Is my Rolex spelt correctly and straight guys? The markers seem wiggly”

then a few days later.

”PURETIME SAID HE SHIPPED THE WATCH. BUT THE TRACKING IS NOT SHOWWWWWINGGGGG”

then later on....

”I RECEIVED THE WATCH AND IT IS DOA!!! THE BRACELET SCREWS ARE SUPERGLUED! THIS IS A POS OF A REP WATCH NO QUALITY AT ALL I WANT A REFUND + FREE WATCH FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!....

ALSO PATRON LEVEL MEMBERSHIP FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE TOOO!!!!”

then more threads will follow about how it took 6 months for the watch to arrive in China and another 2 years of waiting for it to get fixed.

you’ll see.

Reactions: TESLA760

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So, last night after 2 days of research I decide to pull the trigger on my 1st Rep Rolly. I decide to go with Puretime! I pick out my watch select shipping get a total of $389. So, I enter my Mastercard info hit the purchase get some message my payment didn't go through try another card or payment method. Ok 3 cards 3 times I get shot down! Get a message from CC company my card has been restricted. Mastercard sends me a text if I tried to make a purchase for $423.02 to a company MAS*HOMESUIT.INFO. No! I otherized a payment on $389 to purtime! So, If this is attempt to withdrawn the money for my watch what is the extra $34 for???? Don't they know the Chinese Yuan is in DECLINE!!!! Why is this extra money being added to my agreed purchase price? This is extremely SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICE!! No wonder why their having issues with credit cards! If you DON'T want to have issues with the Credit Card don't give people reason to complain like just taking an extra 8% onto the bill with zero justification! If that isn't issue enough Puretime has me listed as 3 separate watch purchases!! They have yet in 20 hours canceled the extra 2 watch purchases after my immediate request! They expect you to trust them with a CASH DEPOSIT when they will clearly try to RIP YOU OFF on a simple CC charge! Anyone have a reputable REP company that I can use? Thanks

I am terribly sorry about this my friend.These credit card processors mainly process high risk payments so their conversion rate is bad and I have also stated on my web-site. If you have not paid it yet, you can try bitcoin or banktransfer. By using bitcoin, you can also get 8% discount. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience caused

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
i think what will happy now is we will get more episodic panics and make threads as follows:

“I have PAID for the watch since LAST WEEK and I didnt get the QC pics yet!!”

then a few days later.

”Is my Rolex spelt correctly and straight guys? The markers seem wiggly”

then a few days later.

”PURETIME SAID HE SHIPPED THE WATCH. BUT THE TRACKING IS NOT SHOWWWWWINGGGGG”

then later on....

”I RECEIVED THE WATCH AND IT IS DOA!!! THE BRACELET SCREWS ARE SUPERGLUED! THIS IS A POS OF A REP WATCH NO QUALITY AT ALL I WANT A REFUND + FREE WATCH FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!....

ALSO PATRON LEVEL MEMBERSHIP FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE TOOO!!!!”

then more threads will follow about how it took 6 months for the watch to arrive in China and another 2 years of waiting for it to get fixed.

you’ll see.

Leave this guy alone he put ' 2 days research in '
My favourite threads are ' hi guys just purchased my first rep I will keep everybody informed as to progress and post high resolution photos ' :D Thanks for that no one gives a fuck.

Followed by ' hi guys it's been 12 hours and I haven't got my QC pics ?? I hope I don't get one of those watches with all the stickers and the tight screws . I will keep you informed guys '.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

Seamaster3459

28/11/18
chocolito hahahahah.

Seriously, CaptJason340 Puretime is one of the oldest and most reputable dealers out there. I've purchased from them a couple times and you just have to email Angus. As far as payment method goes, Credit Card is a horrible idea always. Fees, declines... those are all normal for that. This is an ILLEGAL activity in most places. You're not shopping at fucking Macy's where everything will be instant and fair. Things will get screwed up occasionally. Puretime, though, will usually work with you and Angus is a hell of a guy.

Couple notes for future purchases:

1. Don't use a CC. Use bitcoin, PP (if accepted and you don't mind small fees), or bank transfer.
2. 20 hours is not a lot of time - you'll have to wait because there's a substantial time difference and perhaps, jusssssst perhaps, you aren't the only customer (and fyi if your response to Angus was anything like above, I'd make you wait, too).
3. You are at the TD's mercy. This is a hobby with very few protections other than the forums. Luckily, puretime is a great group and will help you - others may not (especially non-TD's).

Summary: Be realistic, be smart, and for god's sake, read the forums before doing dumb shit and griping about it. Cheers!