• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime Order #100173206 - QC pictures went to my junk mail

pastaboy

Horology Curious
5/8/19
I had no time to QC this watch. Next time I will check my spam folder. Even though I’m a new member, I know I’m not allowed to post QC pics asking “what do you guys think?” I was allowed to do it on Reddit, but RWI is certainly not Reddit. If my watch has issues I will sell it in the M2M section and buy another watch. That’s the fun of this hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You can post qc pics. You just can’t ask other memebers to eval your qc pics for you, but if you wanted to you could post an “qc went to spam folder and I’m stuck with this watch” topic. Let’s see ‘em!

G123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/19
In my experience with Puretime you definitely can't depend on them to do any kind of QC on their own and if anything you need to be extra careful with the QC pics that they do send.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pastaboy

Horology Curious
5/8/19
Of course they will claim their QC is perfect, unless someone who has a keen eye for detail spot something. I shall await the watch.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Please logo into our help center at https://puretime.kayako.com you won't miss any emails by using it. Please contact us if you find any defects when you get the watch. We are always here to help . Thanks

pastaboy

Horology Curious
5/8/19
Watch came yest. Too many stickers and the screws were so tight, causing scratches when i resize. Very irresponsible seller.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Watch came yest. Too many stickers and the screws were so tight, causing scratches when i resize. Very irresponsible seller.

The stickers are there to protect the watch in transit/ warehousing etc ?? Genuine Rolex watches use the same system , just that the dealer removes them when he preps the watch for customer collection . HOW can the TD be responsible for the tightness of the bracelet screws , he sells them as they come from the factory .

Scratching your watch when attempting to resize your bracelet is a typical ' rookie ' mistake . Firstly you should always use Scotch tape or decorators masking tape and carefully cover and apply to watch before you attempt to loosen screws to avoid scratches . Secondly use the correct sized screwdriver ! Thirdly make sure you have all the correct equipment to do so . I'm amazed at the number of people who think they can remove the screw with one hand while holding the watch in the other , no loupe , no clamp etc etc . Next if the screw doesn't loosen first time give up don't force . There are various methods to loosen bracelet screws which you can find on here . All involve softening the tiny dab of Loctite applied to the screw threads to make sure they don't work loose ( Rolex do the same to their bracelet screws) .

My final advice is stop winging about it and get a professional who knows what they are doing to resize the bracelet . The first braceleted Rolex rep I ever purchased was a JF 114300 for a relative it needed two links removed . I couldn't remove the necessary pins myself they wouldn't budge ! One I have hands like a bunch of bananas and the hand dexterity of a jelly fish . Two I didn't feel I had the necessary know how or equipment to remove after reading the advice on here .I was going to scratch/ damage the watch . So I took it too my local watch repair service who had all the necessary equipment and know how to safely resize the bracelet for the cost if $20 without damage . He now does all my watches some of which have had tight or locked screws .

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
pastaboy Lol. I can’t really tell. I think you’re kidding - well I should say that I can’t tell if you’re kidding but I can’t imagine you’re being serious. Was the watch wrapped in plastic when you got it?

And Lets see some pics!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
The Reddit invasion continues. Resistance is futile.

Reactions: TESLA760

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19

Oh Wow 'very irresponsible seller" :rolleyes: .......You should have gone to the watchsmith. It only cost you at max USD3.50 in your country.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Why do threads like this keep emerging lately

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Irresponsible seller made me scratch my own watch???

Please make it stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Why do threads like this keep emerging lately

I believe there has been an influx of double digit IQ's possible sub 50 ? Who seemingly find difficulty distinguishing between a $500 replica and a $20,000 genuine watch . My recent favourites ' disappointed my watch only passed 6atm watch resistance! If I am buying a dive watch I at least expect to go diving in it that's why I bought it ' and ' very disappointed paid $600 for a watch and it is losing 4-5 seconds a day do I need it repaired should I send it back to TD a real Rolex only loses two seconds a day ' . Then finally today's ' terrible TD he sent me a watch with too many stickers on , and bracelet screws so tight I have scratched all my watch removing them very irresponsible seller '.

Last edited:

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
I believe there has been an influx of double digit IQ's possible sub 50 ? Who seemingly find difficulty distinguishing between a $500 replica and a $20,000 genuine watch . My recent favourites ' disappointed my watch only passed 6atm watch resistance! If I am buying a dive watch I at least expect to go diving in it that's why I bought it ' and ' very disappointed paid $600 for a watch and it is losing 4-5 seconds a day do I need it repaired should I send it back to TD a real Rolex only loses two seconds a day ' . Then finally today's ' terrible TD he sent me a watch with too many stickers on , and bracelet screws so tight I have scratched all my watch removing them very unimpressed '.

I should start a thread saying I have accidentally placed my ARF 114060LN v2 with 904L and gen ETA 2836-2 movement in a watchbox with all my other reps.
now I cant tell which one is GEN and which one is REP! I dont have a case to remove the backcase and see the movements...
Please help I dont wanna get arrested by accidentally taking my rep instead of my gen to serviced at the AD......

Reactions: APjumbo

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Those stickers are for protecting the watch from getting scratched. I strongly recommend people ask a watchsmith to resize the bracelet if you have no experiences.

Reactions: Leftlane

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I believe there has been an influx of double digit IQ's possible sub 50 ? Who seemingly find difficulty distinguishing between a $500 replica and a $20,000 genuine watch . My recent favourites ' disappointed my watch only passed 6atm watch resistance! If I am buying a dive watch I at least expect to go diving in it that's why I bought it ' and ' very disappointed paid $600 for a watch and it is losing 4-5 seconds a day do I need it repaired should I send it back to TD a real Rolex only loses two seconds a day ' . Then finally today's ' terrible TD he sent me a watch with too many stickers on , and bracelet screws so tight I have scratched all my watch removing them very irresponsible seller '.

Lmao. :D