• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep purchase - Daytona 116500 Noob

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
Ordered my first ever rep through PureTime based on reviews on here. Went right for it and gone for the Daytona 116500 Noob V2 "Panda".

Paid with bitcoin, having never used bitcoin before I was a little out of my depth but big shout out to PureTime and their video on helping make this as easy a process as possible.

Ordered 01/08/19
Payment sent 01/08/19
Payment received 02/08/19

Was expecting QC photo's last week based on the timeline from the email but there seems to have been a delay and now being told the watch is out of stock. Not sure if this is normal or just bad luck?

Anyway, the comm's have been great so far and I can't wait to get the QC photos and receive the watch!

Will keep this updated :)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for ordering from Puretime. There is a waiting list for daytona 116500 v2. We will arrange yours as soon as possible new batch is ready. Thank you

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
Thanks for ordering from Puretime. There is a waiting list for daytona 116500 v2. We will arrange yours as soon as possible new batch is ready. Thank you

Thanks for the reply! Do you know what the ETA is roughly?

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
Well it's been over 2 weeks since payment was confirmed as received and still no closer to getting QC pics it seems. After the first week I followed up as I wasn't made aware there were stock issues with the watch, was told 1-2 weeks, chased up again, still being told 1-2 weeks whilst Puretime above said 1-2 weeks from when payment is confirmed. Time goes by, response doesnt change... Is this normal?

lesdon499

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/19
Well it's been over 2 weeks since payment was confirmed as received and still no closer to getting QC pics it seems. After the first week I followed up as I wasn't made aware there were stock issues with the watch, was told 1-2 weeks, chased up again, still being told 1-2 weeks whilst Puretime above said 1-2 weeks from when payment is confirmed. Time goes by, response doesnt change... Is this normal?
Please give them a chance and as many others have posted in the forum - be patient.
I was quoted 3-5 weeks following my order and my watch arrived within a month.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Xeqter

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
Please give them a chance and as many others have posted in the forum - be patient.
I was quoted 3-5 weeks following my order and my watch arrived within a month.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Fair enough, I probably look like the stereotypical impatient newb :eek:

Just frustrating not getting factual information I guess. Reminds me too much of Snatch and the "5 minutes Turkish" scene haha

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

It happens a lot for well sold model, especially for 116500 noob. There is a wait for this watch and noob did not tell us how long it will take :( the orders are putted in queue

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
It happens a lot for well sold model, especially for 116500 noob. There is a wait for this watch and noob did not tell us how long it will take :( the orders are putted in queue

No problem at all, this will explain the responses i'm getting atleast; I'm getting as much info as you guys are from the factory so nothing more you can do :)

Was happy that Elena atleast offered an alternative 116520 but unfortunately, like many I imagine, i prefer the 116500 bezel and face so I will wait patiently in the meantime :p

Reactions: jduval

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you for your understanding. We will let you know when it's ready

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
I've just received my QC photos and was really happy with how the started until i noticed a couple of things; the 9 marker is WAY off and the 6 is off a little too and there's a blemish between "units" and "per" but this could just be a smudge. Do you guys agree and would say to reject it? I have plans to do the usual ARF upgrades (dial and bezel) at some point but I don't know when i'll get around to doing that so want it to look respectable in the meantime:

IMG-4327.jpg

IMG-4328.jpg

IMG-4329.jpg

Last edited:

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
I think as long as it's just a smudge on the bezel i'll accept it. Didn't mean to piss off / offend anyone, was just unsure the 9 marker would be considered "bad" or not.

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The 9 marker is a bit crooked. We can replace another but i don't think we have more stocks now

Xeqter

Horology Curious
1/8/19
Further QC pics received on 30/08 and I accepted them.

Watch was then shipped on 02/09 and i received it 05/09!!!!

Watch looks absolutely fantastic and i'm over the moon with it. Will definitely be buying more with Puretime :) Amazing service throughout.