• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PT lost my watch in Repair order? 6 weeks reparation and & no response

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
So about 2 months ago I received my order of a Glashutte Original Senior Edition for 330USD. After 2 days of use the glass/acrylic glass/plastic watch face broke (It's not the point of this post how it broke, but I no have idea how this happened since it was no impact on the watch face): https://imgur.com/a/cIMjRql

I contacted the customer service and filled in the form and sent it domestically in China for reparation. Up until this moment everything went smooth.
I was told that my repair ID was C1907: https://imgur.com/a/TZ6yRnb

After 3 weeks and nothing but me asking 1 or 2 times about the status of the reparation I receive this email from Support: https://imgur.com/ijaKvp5

As you can see, this is not my watch, I have done several attempts contacting both Chat support on Puretime's website and Shuang who sent the email nobody have responded me for close to a week.
1. What is my real repair ID?
2. Have they lost my watch?

It feels very unprofessional and a red flag to be waiting for over a month in order to get QC pictures of the wrong watch, and I still have no idea about the status of my watch / repair ID.

I am looking for the PTs representative on RWI to resolve this ASAP.

Thanks for reading,

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. Maybe there is a mistake and we sent the wrong email or pictures to you. Please PM me your email address and order number. I will look into this. Thank you and sorry again

Reactions: GlashutteOriginal

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
UPDATE:
As of 30/7 I gave my email and purchase order ID to puretime , will update the process here to see if and when it will get resolved. Thanks for the quick reply in the thread and in PM.

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
repairs can take quite some time these days due to raids and factory's becoming more jumpy, just have to be patient and wait it out

Reactions: Garuda

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
repairs can take quite some time these days due to raids and factory's becoming more jumpy, just have to be patient and wait it out

Yeah I guess, I think the team could make better efforts communicating this to me ( factory put wrong label on bag etc as this was not disclosed at all). I will keep posting the updates here in order to push this to resolve.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
UPDATE:
As of 30/7 I gave my email and purchase order ID to puretime , will update the process here to see if and when it will get resolved. Thanks for the quick reply in the thread and in PM.

Thank you. We will push the factory .hope it can be solved very soon

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
GlashutteOriginal stop whining like a bitch and be patient. like you just joined 3 days ago and had the watch for over 6 weeks. you was not a member here before buying the watch and luck has it PT is a TD here.

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
GlashutteOriginal stop whining like a bitch and be patient. like you just joined 3 days ago and had the watch for over 6 weeks. you was not a member here before buying the watch and luck has it PT is a TD here.

Kindly stop derailing the thread, read it again slowly or translate it to your native language before you make continue to make incorrect statements. I am sure waiting for 6 weeks would be considered patient. I did my research here and elsewhere before buying from PureTime, it's not a coincidence I decided to buy from them.

BTW you are helping the RWI community a lot by using such childish language, keep it up mate you are the best.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
GlashutteOriginal you joined 3 days ago and will likely dissapear when your issue is resolved. being a member of RWI gives you privileges but you dont have to take the piss. you didn't even bother introduce yourself "i am glashutxx blah blah,,, i joined rwi just to sort out a watch issue and will go away once its sorted. I will whine away and keep everyone updated of my little whines. I do not aim to contribute to rwi whilst i am here."

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
GlashutteOriginal you joined 3 days ago and will likely dissapear when your issue is resolved. being a member of RWI gives you privileges but you dont have to take the piss. you didn't even bother introduce yourself "i am glashutxx blah blah,,, i joined rwi just to sort out a watch issue and will go away once its sorted. I will whine away and keep everyone updated of my little whines. I do not aim to contribute to rwi whilst i am here."

You can keep ranting using my thread if you want. Be strong little friend!

Mvmtaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
TD is a trusted dealer here on the forum. I am sure it will work out in the end, but if sh*t hits the fan, you can open a ticket and have moderators involved.

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
TD is a trusted dealer here on the forum. I am sure it will work out in the end, but if sh*t hits the fan, you can open a ticket and have moderators involved.

Yeah thanks, I am currently waiting, Shuang from PT Support told me last week that they are trying to arrange a new watch for me.

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
UPDATE 2: About 11 days since I gave puretime my email and purchase order ID. Still awaiting confirmation for a repaired watch, refund or a replaced one. Shuang in support told me a couple of days ago that they are trying to get a new watch for me but no confirmation of replacement or how long time this will take.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
UPDATE 2: About 11 days since I gave puretime my email and purchase order ID. Still awaiting confirmation for a repaired watch, refund or a replaced one. Shuang in support told me a couple of days ago that they are trying to get a new watch for me but no confirmation of replacement or how long time this will take.

I have pushed the factory to provide a new replacement since they have messed up. Your patience is much appreciated in this matter.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
So let me get this straight, you get the watch you ordered, YOU break the crystal of the watch 2 days after its arrival, YOU decide to send it back to puretime (it's always better to avoid sending a watch back) instead of looking for a different solution, and YOU are surprised it takes some time for the repairs of the watch that YOU broke?

oh man, it would have been so much easier finding a replacement crystal and installing it locally

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
You are 100% right, If I knew it would be this hassle, I would immediately try to replace the watch face locally. However, as Im in China, I thought this would be a quick fix considering that I don't need to wait for shipping or custom controls...

Overall I'm very happy with the quality and feel of the watch, but it's definently not crystal glass, more like acrylic glass, and how it broke is still boggling me since it didn't break in a natural way. However I still find the replica to be beautiful and in overall good quality. Just want to push this to get resolved ASAP.

GlashutteOriginal

Horology Curious
27/7/19
UPDATE #3: I figured I'll update this thread once every 7 days. Nothing has happened in terms of information / updates. Total it's been close to 10 weeks waiting now since it arrived at PT. Still have trust puretime can solve this soon...

G123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/19
So let me get this straight, you get the watch you ordered, YOU break the crystal of the watch 2 days after its arrival, YOU decide to send it back to puretime (it's always better to avoid sending a watch back) instead of looking for a different solution, and YOU are surprised it takes some time for the repairs of the watch that YOU broke?

oh man, it would have been so much easier finding a replacement crystal and installing it locally
He does not say that he broke it.

Re sending it back, agreed. That does not seem to work well with Puretime. There have been other threads where basically the consensus is don't let Puretime convince you to send it back unless you absolutely have to!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
UPDATE #3: I figured I'll update this thread once every 7 days. Nothing has happened in terms of information / updates. Total it's been close to 10 weeks waiting now since it arrived at PT. Still have trust puretime can solve this soon...

I will push the factory again. Sorry for keeping you waiting. We are trying to work with the factory to arrange a new watch for you