• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disgusting quality and disgusting attitude of customer service.

edelveys90

Looking Around
22/5/19
  • [h=2]Good day! Bought my first watch - the quality and support are disgusting. Glue on the bezel, crooked made of watchcase, hair under glass, defect on the strap. Support, the photo sees nothing and several times asks for a new picture and say to wipe with a cloth! This is bullying![/h]
https://imgur.com/a/ZcVHWwF

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ok, did you get QA pictures? Were any of these defects visible upon reviewing them? The glue can probably be cleaned up, the pubic hair could be removed but the movement would have to be removed. The crown guard sucks...the machining is pretty bad. I'd see if the dealer can get you a new crown guard and insert then have it installed locally.

edelveys90

Looking Around
22/5/19
Ok, did you get QA pictures? Were any of these defects visible upon reviewing them? The glue can probably be cleaned up, the pubic hair could be removed but the movement would have to be removed. The crown guard sucks...the machining is pretty bad. I'd see if the dealer can get you a new crown guard and insert then have it installed locally.
  • [h=2]To remove the hair it is necessary to open the watch, I would not want to buy a new watch and immediately give them to repair.[/h]

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
  • [h=2]To remove the hair it is necessary to open the watch, I would not want to buy a new watch and immediately give them to repair.[/h]

Unfortunately it happens...even in genuines. It's typically resolved before you buy it by the dealer, but you are paying 10-20 times as much and they are making a significant profit off of each sale so to justify the price point, they must address the QA issues before the consumer sees it. They need to give the illusion of perfection. Message the dealer, try to get them to send replacement parts, have a local forum watchsmith install them and remove the offending hair and all will be good.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

Personally I think it adds character.
7c56ac4ae590dd56095077e8c6de0642945f2659483708a4.gif

Reactions: stufuse

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
  • [h=2]Good day! Bought my first watch - the quality and support are disgusting. Glue on the bezel, crooked made of watchcase, hair under glass, defect on the strap. Support, the photo sees nothing and several times asks for a new picture and say to wipe with a cloth! This is bullying![/h]
https://imgur.com/a/ZcVHWwF

Which picture has the pubic hair in it? I see ten pictures but don’t see a pube. The would bother me. That means the factory workers are bumping uglies while they put together our watches.

Reactions: cpd2186 and Rx4Time

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
hahahaha this thread is becoming more and more funny.

and i do sympathize with op's dilemma..................

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
hahahaha this thread is becoming more and more funny...

It’s always funny if it happens to somebody else. OP’s not laughing. This is a serious issue, and I wish you would address it as such. If you can’t handle it with the appropriate maturity it deserves please go elsewhere.

Reactions: nalomb

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
It’s always funny if it happens to somebody else. OP’s not laughing. This is a serious issue, and I wish you would address it as such. If you can’t handle it with the appropriate maturity it deserves please go elsewhere.

you are 100% right. and most pressing is your question about whether op can smell the pubic hair. well that and if vendor will take care of it

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
you are 100% right. and most pressing is your question about whether op can smell the pubic hair. well that and if vendor will take care of it

We wait with bated breath.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Was that purchased from a TD on this site? Also, comparing your QA images that I assume you approved before shipping, are those defects visible?
What was the response from your “dealer” when you identified the issues.
As the other member mentioned, glue is easily removed, other defects, well......