• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Overcharged and ignored. FRAUD!

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I appreciate the response, but again, ive simply never used this card for anything beyond this transaction. I specifically got it, as PureTime did not take Visa, at least at the time of my purchase.

If this merchant ID of 172 is NOT you, as you claim, can you at least tell me who it is? Since i have never, ever used this card for anything other, I am beyond skeptical. While your cc company confirmed it was NOT you who took the money on the 9th, my cc company is saying it WAS your company.

So dispute that charge and be done with it. MC should fully refund you if you tell them this was fraud. Maybe someone at the CC processor is stealing numbers. Puretime has done nothing wrong, and for you to insinuate you need an apology from them is ridiculous. Grow up.

Reactions: Tcc13c and gatty

Oo'latek

Horology Curious
8/6/19
So dispute that charge and be done with it. MC should fully refund you if you tell them this was fraud. Maybe someone at the CC processor is stealing numbers. Puretime has done nothing wrong, and for you to insinuate you need an apology from them is ridiculous. Grow up.

Conversely, the person who claimed i deserved that I owed PT an apology should grow up as well, correct? After all, my CC company told me that the transaction on the 9th was from the same company (confirmed to be PT) as the other two charges.

Ill go this far. If it was not PT who made this charge, i sincerely apologize. However, all i have to go by is what my credit card company is telling me, and my personal knowledge that ive never used this card for anything other than this one, single transaction. With those two things in mind, i do not see how it could possibly be any other company, particularly since it is also charged from the exact same location in China, Lenzhou.

I understand many of you trust PT. I got an amazing product from them, so id like to assume this was perhaps fraud committed by an employee of theirs and give them the benefit of the doubt, but thats a bit of a stretch.

Ps. Yes, it was childish. Just replying in kind to Josh676, who said the exact same childish thing to me.

Last edited:

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Conversely, the person who claimed i deserved that I owed PT an apology should grow up as well, correct? After all, my CC company told me that the transaction on the 9th was from the same company (confirmed to be PT) as the other two charges.

Ill go this far. If it was not PT who made this charge, i sincerely apologize. However, all i have to go by is what my credit card company is telling me, and my personal knowledge that ive never used this card for anything other than this one, single transaction. With those two things in mind, i do not see how it could possibly be any other company, particularly since it is also charged from the exact same location in China, Lenzhou.

I understand many of you trust PT. I got an amazing product from them, so id like to assume this was perhaps fraud committed by an employee of theirs and give them the benefit of the doubt, but thats a bit of a stretch.

Didn't the TD tell you the same thing? One more thing to go by. Did your help ticket provide any insights?

Oo'latek

Horology Curious
8/6/19
I'll have a look, thank you.

Angus, is it possible that the shipping company charged me this? When the package arrived, they asked for nothing from me personally. In the past, ive always had to pay a modest fee, usually under $30.00, so i thought it odd they asked for nothing when they dropped it off.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Ive used TrustyTime, yes. Ive always, without exception used my Visa with them however, never my MasterCard.

I however have never had an issue like this with TrustyTime.

Maybe you used Master card with them last time and you forgot? Please check the order histories. Like i said, a few dealers use the same CC company as we do. That is why your bank said these transactions were from the same company. I will ask the CC company and let you know if i find out which website uses merchant 172

Oo'latek

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Well, in the spirit of not being an even bigger ass than Ive already made myself out to be, i apologize unreservedly.

The transaction indeed WAS TrustyTime. If the mods are able to delete this thread, please do so others do not read the misleading title.

Again, my apoligies, and thank you for the amazing watch!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Well, in the spirit of not being an even bigger ass than Ive already made myself out to be, i apologize unreservedly.

The transaction indeed WAS TrustyTime. If the mods are able to delete this thread, please do so others do not read the misleading title.

No worries. I am glad it is finally figured out :)

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think

now we want to know what you ordered from trusty time and totally forgot about lmao

gatty

Known Member
30/5/19
Texas
Great outcome guys...thanks for standing up and doing the right thing!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Well, at least you didn't overreact.

Reactions: Lenny G and Taz71

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Wow... speechless.