• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reps to Sweden/Norway

fredrikchr

Looking Around
1/1/19
Hey folks
Considering a watch from PureTime, and want to hear if anyone have experience getting reps from them or others into countries like Sweden or Norway. Especially in regards with customs. What happens if the watch gets taken/pulled/destroyed for being a rep by the customs? Does this affect the buyer in any way in terms of fines? Does PT sends another one with measures taken to not get the watch taken the second time? Any experiences here?

Thanks in advance :)

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Hey folks
Considering a watch from PureTime, and want to hear if anyone have experience getting reps from them or others into countries like Sweden or Norway. Especially in regards with customs. What happens if the watch gets taken/pulled/destroyed for being a rep by the customs? Does this affect the buyer in any way in terms of fines? Does PT sends another one with measures taken to not get the watch taken the second time? Any experiences here?

Triangle shipping is the way for Sweden nowadays. From China to UK and to Sweden for instance. Takes quite a while but it seems it's needed.
If one watch is caught by customs I guess PT will resend once (not twice) like most other TD's. As far as fines and stuff, there's always a risk when dealing with counterfeit goods. Ask for triangle shipping and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Granater123

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
In swedish. And i have bought maybe 20 watches from china. And i have never have an issue with customs.. maybe i was lucky..? But i dont think its an issue to sweden. Norway i have no clue Buddy

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
”I am”

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I've done this for more than 10 years and for Sweden it's different nowadays. I wouldn't risk it anymore. But sure, you may be lucky :)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hey folks

Thanks for choosing Puretime. Usually we send by DHL to Sweden or Norway. From our experiences, it's always safe and fast. We will reship the package if it is confirmed seized and if you provide the letter from the customs :)

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I've done this for more than 10 years and for Sweden it's different nowadays. I wouldn't risk it anymore. But sure, you may be lucky :)

Realy? When did that happend? When was the last time you bought a watch? Damn.. you make me nervus now bro .. i have 3watches that coming from china soon . Last time i bought was maybe two month ago and then it was no problem.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
But it will still be held in customs for payment of VAT and the new "Chinese parcel duty" that was introduced a year ago or so, correct?

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Yes thats correct

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Realy? When did that happend? When was the last time you bought a watch? Damn.. you make me nervus now bro .. i have 3watches that coming from china soon . Last time i bought was maybe two month ago and then it was no problem.

I've had three different TD's telling me to do triangle since they started holding Chinese parcels at customs for payment of VAT etc. More strict as you know since a year ago or so? They hold almost all packages from China until you pay the VAT? Only thing I've done for the past two years is buying from EU stock, but that's just me. I remember seeing more and more comments from Swedish members that parcels were getting seized. On the other hand Puretime sells probably hundreds if not thousands of watches to Sweden, so of course they should know.

It's just that you don't want to get in the "books" of the customs department for trying to import counterfeit goods. So for me, I'm doing it as safe as possible nowadays, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe it was just a temporary thing there for a while. But the new thing where they hold it until you pay VAT, I guess that must happen with PT's parcels too? Or was it just Postnord who started doing that...?

Reactions: Tompa

AirSan

20/4/16
Just in this moment ordered a more then 1200$ watch from them. I always choose triangle shipment.

PS I'm located in Germany :)

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

macwatched

Horology Curious
13/8/18
I'm located in Denmark, and didn't have any problem with customs . Got tracking nr on a Thursday and Friday it was delivered to Postnord office from DHL. EASY ! :)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We always choose the safest shipping method. If you do not know which one to use, you can email us and we will recommend the best way for shipping. For Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland..., uk forwarding is needed. Usually to Sweden, norway, spain, we can send directly from China :)

Flock

7/3/16
We always choose the safest shipping method. If you do not know which one to use, you can email us and we will recommend the best way for shipping. For Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland..., uk forwarding is needed. Usually to Sweden, norway, spain, we can send directly from China :)

Hello Puretime :)
By your experience which method is safer to Spain? DHL or EMS?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Cupid777

Looking Around
11/3/20
I'm also located in Norway and have a few additional questions regarding customs.

1) Is DHL still the safest way to send a rep to Norway?

2) If customs seizes the shipment and sends a VAT letter, do they charge VAT according to the value listed on the box, or for the gen equivalent?

3) If I can afford the VAT listed on the letter, should I just go ahead and pay it, or is that a dangerous move considering that it's technically contraband?

4) A friend of mine in the US had a shipment of 3 watches turned around when it arrived and sent back to China. China later seized the shipment. Could this have had anything to do with the number of watches in the same shipment? Is it less likely to be seized if there was only 1 watch?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited: