• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex daytona noob v2: big disappointment

lepiaf

Horology Curious
1/6/19
Hi friends. I'm giving you my first order at Puretime. I received my Dayto but, there is a real big dysfunction in the bracelet. The last link that links the bracelet to the closure does not hold! So, I can not use the bracelet, it may open at any time and drop the watch. I contacted puretime by mail to find out what solutions were envisaged but I have no answer. In short, my first experience is far from positive especially for a watch of this value.

IMG_96497bf0656248e5b922.jpg

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
This sucks. They should be able to send you that broken link. File a helpdesk ticket and get your next watch from some other TD.
I dont know why noobs keep on buying from PT, given that there is so much of complaints against them.

Reactions: Thelux and sniffti

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hi friends. I'm giving you my first order at Puretime. I received my Dayto but, there is a real big dysfunction in the bracelet. The last link that links the bracelet to the closure does not hold! So, I can not use the bracelet, it may open at any time and drop the watch. I contacted puretime by mail to find out what solutions were envisaged but I have no answer. In short, my first experience is far from positive especially for a watch of this value.

IMG_96497bf0656248e5b922.jpg

I am sorry for what happened. I am not sure how it breaks but we have checked every watch well before sending it out. We will never send a watch with broken link since we will have to take care of the repairs as well. Please PM me your oder number and i will check for you. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience caused

lepiaf

Horology Curious
1/6/19
This sucks. They should be able to send you that broken link. File a helpdesk ticket and get your next watch from some other TD.
I dont know why noobs keep on buying from PT, given that there is so much of complaints against them.

I have been in contact with them since yesterday. I am waiting for a proposal. Indeed, if I could receive a new link, it would be very pleasant.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
thats an easy fix , put a drop of red loctite on the pin (not the screw ) and press it back together let it sit 24 hours , itll be fine

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
You guys need to keep it real sometimes and remember exactly what you’re buying. This stuff ain’t 20K with box and papers you know, it’s a few hundred $$ with some Chinese ladies pubes and flakey skin, you gotta be prepared to do a little maintenance and glue bits back on from time to time.

Reactions: OldNavitimer

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
thats an easy fix , put a drop of red loctite on the pin (not the screw ) and press it back together let it sit 24 hours , itll be fine

This ^ ^

Just push the pieces back together, using a little glue/loctite on he bar ends - hell of a lot quicker and simpler than sending it all the way back to China.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

If they only sold one watch a week, and there was a complaint every 2 weeks, your statement would make sense.

As it is, they sell far more than that - more than most TDs here, are also the quickest to react to problems, and the most accommodating IMO - Angus is the boss/owner and he replies personally to threads like this.

Reactions: sniffti

lepiaf

Horology Curious
1/6/19
This ^ ^

Just push the pieces back together, using a little glue/loctite on he bar ends - hell of a lot quicker and simpler than sending it all the way back to China.

In fact, I'll probably do that. Anyway, it's a pity to have this kind of trouble. Can you imagine if I didn't have the opportunity to check the bracelet. Potentially, the watch can falling dow and be crash ... And after that, what can I say ?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
lepiaf how long did you wait for a reply,...it can sometimes take a few days...

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17

I guess one could even use epoxy like Araldite. Is this how links like this are assembled, gen or fake? I would have thought the the parts not held by screws are machined.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
If they only sold one watch a week, and there was a complaint every 2 weeks, your statement would make sense.

As it is, they sell far more than that - more than most TDs here, are also the quickest to react to problems, and the most accommodating IMO - Angus is the boss/owner and he replies personally to threads like this.

Puretime is definitely the highest volume TD on thisforum. I

My guess: 20-30 real orders per day on which they have to execute. Definitely interested to know if this is way off the mark

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
I'm relatively new to RWI but I still gave PT 3 orders of mine. Yes, there are complaints but I feel they are more of an exception and not the norm.

Getting TD status is also not easy so I guess every TD deserves to be one. Problems will occur and it can be sorted out.

We all just need to be more patient and not rant/complain straight off.

PS. I'm just a customer of PT amongst other TDs.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I'm relatively new to RWI but I still gave PT 3 orders of mine. Yes, there are complaints but I feel they are more of an exception and not the norm.

Getting TD status is also not easy so I guess every TD deserves to be one. Problems will occur and it can be sorted out.

We all just need to be more patient and not rant/complain straight off.

PS. I'm just a customer of PT amongst other TDs.

Thank you for your kind words. We are not perfect but we try our best to satisfy the customers. When problem occurs, we try to work this out together :)

lepiaf

Horology Curious
1/6/19
So ... I fix it myself and I expect that this repair will hold !

lepiaf

Horology Curious
1/6/19
That's great. Please do let us know if it happens again

Of course. I would like to order tow others watch. Possible to have the discount that you talking about. And I want to be sure that's your looking yourself the quality of the watches before to send it ;). Please, let me know what I suppose to do.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Of course. I would like to order tow others watch. Possible to have the discount that you talking about. And I want to be sure that's your looking yourself the quality of the watches before to send it ;). Please, let me know what I suppose to do.

Friend, we do check every watches well. Please send me a PM if you need more help for placing new orders. Thank you