• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time REP buyer... is my expectation too high?

Lunchbond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/19
Hi

As a first time buyer of a Rep, I would like to set my limits and expectations correct and I already know I am going to spend a ton of time and money in this hobby.
I received QC pics from Puretime on a ARF V2 Daytona

I circled some of the parts that seem like its wrong ( I am a noob, I dont know the lingo and the correct terms lol )
Especially on the first picture where it looks to be scratched, it doesnt seem like thats the vinyl covering part.

The other pictures, I am mainly concerned about the gaps

Does this seem ok to proceed with?

As far as the customer reply time and how fast this is moving along, Puretime seems LEGIT and professional in the response time.

Already have like 3-4 watches I want to purchase as soon as everything goes smoothly with this order, so excited lol

Thx in advance for your help

1a12577cc763cbd3b.jpg

2e6889d0146163568.jpg

3408b1b4d9255a0f1.jpg

4ab7159841e262088.jpg

5f886497e8ad5893b.jpg

Mask415

24/1/19
UK
The first picture is the clear protection sticker if you look closer, no scratch.

CartoonZombie

31/10/18
UK
Are you sure it's the clear protection sticker? It looks like the sticker ends before the suspect part to me. I'm trying to upload a zoomed picture but picr me won't let me. But if you follow the bottom of the sticker across it looks like it ends higher up than the funny part

Lunchbond

19/6/19
Thx for the quick reply guys.

I zoomed and messed with the contrast so the vinyl is a bit more visible.F
From the picture, it definitely looks like its outside of the vinyl....but I did ask puretime to check and confirm so it could just be the picture

How about the gaps?
Thats my main concern....is that type of a tolerance to be expected with a rep?

126d427140dbe87566.jpg

CartoonZombie

31/10/18
UK
Good idea asking for another picture. About the end links, I know that's a common problem with these reps. I'm sure some people will know better but I don't think it'll be nearly as noticeable when you're wearing it. If it was me and the only problem was the end link gaps I would accept it but of course I wouldn't while we still don't know it there is damage on it or not.

Arch245

4/5/19
Personally this watch has a really good SELs gaps condition and i just wish mine can be the same but unfortunately to me everything is done.Of course we should keep out "picky" but after spending over a month chasing a good quality Daytona 116500LN, i've realized that "perfect quality" is impossible,even it is a gen.

Last edited:

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
You're looking at magnified pictures. I had the same issue, till I received it. You wont see it with your eyes unless you know to look fo rit. Even then you will think its silly you ever thought it was an issue. Nothing wrong with that watch. And the "scratch".....thats just dirt on the edge of the protective tape. Scratches arent black.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order, my friend. From my experiences, these shouldn't be any problems. But we can provide more pictures to confirm and for you to decide. No worries

Lunchbond

19/6/19
Thx for the reply.

Already confirmed to Elena that its ok to ship. Just waiting on QC pics for the other watch on the order :)

Reactions: Michu