• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase from a worried buyer.

Wanderer977

Looking Around
12/5/19
Hello ,

I purchased an Omega Seamaster from an AD about 6 months ago. However, because of the cost, I found myself unwilling to actually wear it. After reading a lot of reviews about trusted dealers here I decided to purchase an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean from puretime. I appreciated the customer service from Elena, and when the watch came I was happy with what I received. However, just two days later and I have a couple of concerns. I am hoping someone who is not a newbie like me can give me some guidance.

1. The numbers on the watch, as well as the Omega symbol, have gone dark. By that I mean they have lost all lume. Oddly enough they were fine when I received them, but today when I look at it they have mysteriously vanished. I assume this is not normal. Correct? I certainly don't have this issue with the one I purchased from the Omega AD. Sorry, I cannot post pics, apparently, they exceed the size limitations of the site.

2. I have yet to wear the watch. I have a large wrist and when I placed the order I asked for an extra link to be included. I would gladly pay for the extra link if necessary. I was told via email that would be no problem but the link was not included when the watch came. I have an Omega AD nearby but I don't want to take it there for obvious reasons, and I am not sure where to purchase an extra link online. I have looked at Ebay, but don't want to purchase a link that won't match the bracelet. Has anyone had this issue? What are the chances that I will actually get an extra link from puretime? I have emailed their customer service and hope to hear back. But if anyone can guide me to a site that sells them I would be glad to purchase one from somewhere else.

3. After receiving the watch, I placed an order for another watch right away. But now I am worried that I will have issues with the other watch.

Any advice?

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Hi, sorry I am not able to understand the timing. You bought 6 months ago and after two days you received the watch (so 5 months ago) the numbers and symbol "went dark". And you write on the forum now? :) EDIT: ok I re-read you bought 6 months ago from a AD. My bad. :)

And what does "went dark" mean? the lume or there is a patina?

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am truely sorry for what happend. Please PM me you oder number and some pictures or video for the issue you described .Regarding the extra links, they will not come with the watch and we are not able to get any extra. We usually sell the whole bracelet :)

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
If your wrist is too big for your rep then it will be too big for your Gen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dtox