• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Time Buyer - Sunken Crown on a Puretime DateJust II

lenart98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/17
Just don't accept it and ask for a new one. Not sure what is going on with PT's QC lately. I also have a very obvious flaw with my watch's bezel that I have unfortunately received already and now PT is only willing to pay $30 for shipping it back although my cost is twice of that. IMO they should take an extra 20 more seconds to check the watch before they send it out. Can't be that hard, now can it? You should never have gotten those QC pics in the first place as they should have caught the mistake.

Reactions: fistsofdollars

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Has anyone received QC photos with a sunken crown? Do factories think this is acceptable or did I just get a bad case? Any feed back is greatly appreciated!!!

DateJust II SS Fluted Bezel Black Dial Roman Numerals on SS Bracelet A3136

https://picr.me/image/V2Ryws

https://picr.me/image/V2RT2Q

Some details might be slightly different from each batch. But you can ask for a few more pictures from different angles. I think it might just be the angle issue.

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
I think it might just be the angle issue.

|Definitely not an angle issue - I was able to confirm through a few other photos. I replied to Elena Friday morning rejecting the watch based on the sunken crown. What is the next step? Do you source from a different factory?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
|Definitely not an angle issue - I was able to confirm through a few other photos. I replied to Elena Friday morning rejecting the watch based on the sunken crown. What is the next step? Do you source from a different factory?

It's always good to ask for a few more shots. But i confirmed with Elena she did not recieve your email. I will speak to her to hold the package and bouble check for you

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
I’ll post the email if you would like. Please let me know what your email address is and I will be sure to copy you in.

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
You can start a new email and resend your request to [email protected] in case of any misunderstanding. Thank you

I sent an email to [email protected] on Friday May 10th rejecting this watch due to the sunken crown/bad case. I received this response today after firing out several emails to sales and qc.

"we're calling back the parcel to double check"

What are you double checking??? I rejected this watch....Parcel - does this mean it's in the mail?

For the future of our relationship I hope not. Don't think for a minute I am waiting for another 2 weeks for PT to get a package back and "double check" the crown. The job of QC is to double check.

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
i confirmed with Elena she did not recieve your email.
cleardot.gif
Fri, May 10, 9:02 AM (4 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to qc
cleardot.gif

Hi Elena,

I'm rejecting the QC for this watch based on the recessed crown. Please see attached pictures.

The crown should sit above the case and not recessed into the case. I would like to try again for this watch and if this is not possible i will consider https://puretime.io/watch-brands/rolex/datejust-ii/datejust-ii-ss-black-roman-dial-oyster-a3135.html

Thank you,
On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 3:23 AM Elena (PureTime) <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Sir,

Here are the QC pictures for your oder.​

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
Hi puretime.

This is from Elena or QC.

“we just receive your mail after 4 days ,we state clearly that you have 24 hours to respond to this email either approving

or disapproving the QC pictures.”

I don’t know what she thinks she is getting away with but I have records of sending my email on Friday. Also, why would I make this post on Friday without rejecting???? Should I cancel the transaction with MasterCard and not do business with pure time?

This is experience has been absolute garbage and it is going to take a miracle to dig out. I will be sharing my experience with ever forum that lists puretime as a TD.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Calm down, friend. We didn't recieve your first email rejecting the watch so they forwarded it to the shipping company. I just told them to call the package back when i saw you post on the forum. We will check when we get the package back. If it is sunken, we will replace another for you.

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
Calm down, friend. We didn't recieve your first email rejecting the watch so they forwarded it to the shipping company. I just told them to call the package back when i saw you post on the forum. We will check when we get the package back. If it is sunken, we will replace another for you.

Thanks for your fast reply. I'm sorry PT didn't get the email. I appreciate you taking the step to stop it at the parcel and double check for me.

I do feel QC could communicate more clearly. If we can make this right PT will have my trust for life.

Cheers,

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your fast reply. I'm sorry PT didn't get the email. I appreciate you taking the step to stop it at the parcel and double check for me.

I do feel QC could communicate more clearly. If we can make this right PT will have my trust for life.

Cheers,

Maybe there was some misunderstanding but everything is under control. We will wait for the shipping company to return it to us.

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
Maybe there was some misunderstanding but everything is under control. We will wait for the shipping company to return it to us.

Could you help me with understanding a time frame? QC/Elena stopped responding to my emails.

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
We've recieved the watch back from the shipping company. We will oder another one for you :)

Hi PT, Just received my second round of QC pictures and this time the watch looks perfect. Incredible difference in quality - flawless dial, impeccable crystal and the crown is as expected. I appreciate all of the help from you and your team!!!! I can't wait to share photos once I receive it!!!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am glad to know the second watch is acceptable. We will ship it out today :)

fistsofdollars

Horology Curious
8/5/19
Watch arrived in great condition on 6/5! Thanks to everyone at Puretime! I will be placing another order soon!