• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pics and video show different movements

Zormin

Horology Curious
17/1/19
So I was browsing the PureTime site looking for my next purchase. I'm really into the AP Royal Oak Offshore Diver. Looking at the video it looks really amazing and was about to order it when I noticed that the pictures and video was not of the same watch. It is clearly visible when the video shows the movement. Screws and jewels are not in the same place. Gears doesn't look the same. In the video there is a small gap between the plates and you can actually see a gear turn in the gap when the rotor jiggles, see just after 1:22, but on the pictures you can see that the decorator plate is one solid plate with cut out grooves to simulate gaps. The bridge is not the same. Etc etc.

After reviewing pictures of movements it looks like the movement in the video is from a JF V6, which I think looks much nicer and want to have.

Would PureTime care to explain these differences?

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/uwKYVze

Reactions: dustimage

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you for letting us know, we might link the video to a wrong watch but firstly I need to check, thank you my friend.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I just checked and they are the same watch, the watch on the pics and on the video is the same exact watch. Just the positions of the watch makes you think they are different, you can see the case back serial, they are the same watch :)

Zormin

Horology Curious
17/1/19
No. They are different. The watch in the pictures have serial no J57942 and the one in the video have serial no J57314.

Zormin

Horology Curious
17/1/19
Anyway, I would like to buy the watch in the video. When you have sorted out which is which, please share a link to the watch in the video.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
LOL ok! Sorry for my carelessness, since we always took images and video at the same time with the same watch so I believed they are the same watch, I just carefully checked and yeah you are right the watch in the video has the latest 9015 movement and the images show 2824 movement, we took the images a long time before we took the video and the maker had updated the watch to 9015 version which is the same in the video.

If you want the watch in the video, just place the order and you will get the one in the video, if you prefer to wait for us to update the pics, it will take a few days and I will order the watch and retake the images and videos.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.