Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Poor experience with PureTime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Poor experience with PureTime

    Hello everyone,

    Last month I opened a thread announcing that Puretime sent me a defective Rolex Submariner Noob v9, I wasn't able to set up the date correctly, due to a mechanical issue in the movement.
    Now what happened is that I purchased a Rolex Deepsea Sea-dweller D-Blue ARF from them, and Elena sent me quality control pictures, but the picture that shows the watch beat rate was not sent, I closed my eyes and told to my self that it's not very important, the watch is a new release, there will be no issue.
    Adversely, they sent a watch with a huge problem, it losses 11 minutes a day which is abnormal for a watch of this price (see the link below), I really don't know how to figure it out.
    when I wind the crown, it seems the mechanism is not well lubricated.
    Puretime, you lost a customer, I think the watches you sell are those that were not a good part of the production, always issues with it.


    https://vimeo.com/329487205 . HERE is the video link, very disturbing, unfortunately.

    #2
    Originally posted by ALYAZID View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Last month I opened a thread announcing that Puretime sent me a defective Rolex Submariner Noob v9, I wasn't able to set up the date correctly, due to a mechanical issue in the movement.
    Now what happened is that I purchased a Rolex Deepsea Sea-dweller D-Blue ARF from them, and Elena sent me quality control pictures, but the picture that shows the watch beat rate was not sent, I closed my eyes and told to my self that it's not very important, the watch is a new release, there will be no issue.
    Adversely, they sent a watch with a huge problem, it losses 11 minutes a day which is abnormal for a watch of this price (see the link below), I really don't know how to figure it out.
    when I wind the crown, it seems the mechanism is not well lubricated.
    Puretime, you lost a customer, I think the watches you sell are those that were not a good part of the production, always issues with it.


    https://vimeo.com/329487205 . HERE is the video link, very disturbing, unfortunately.
    so, let me get this straight, you ordered a watch and the timegraph QC said a number but when you received the number was actually quite different and the watch is losing a lot of time?

    If yes 2 things could have happened, it either got damaged during shipping (usually when they lose so much time is because the balance wheel gets stuck with on itself because of dripping oil), or there was some weird stuff happening during QC (there is a thread about it somewhere).

    let me know if i got it right

    here is the link: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...megrapher-pics
    Last edited by mari115; 10-04-19, 05:32.

    Comment


      #3
      mari115 OP excepted the watch without receiving the timegrapher QC pic


      Sent from my iPhone using RWI

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jpchub View Post
        mari115 OP excepted the watch without receiving the timegrapher QC pic


        Sent from my iPhone using RWI
        i see, i understand now, when i ordered from puretime i got sent them without asking for them. this is not good, they usually send them together with the pics of the watch

        Comment


          #5

          I am really sorry for what happened. 1st, i want to explain ourselves. We do have sent the timergraph before shipping which was included in the QC pictures. Maybe you didn't pay attention to it and forgot to check it but here is the screenshot:
          I suppose the watch might got damaged during shipping

          2nd, i noticed your oder was delivered and signed on 26th,March. Was the watch having issues after being worn for days or did it come like this when you got it? why didn't you report it earlier to us? No offense but just wondering

          Please return to us .We can get it fixed. Please PM me and we can disscuss further through PM. Thank you

          Comment


            #6
            This watches are replicas with clone movements most of the times assambled in poor conditions, you should not asume they will keep the time the same accurate the gen does nor age the same good.

            If you want to keep your watch as your daily beater and not just as good looking replica for that special ocasion, you sould service it inmediatelly and even got some parts replaced. For example: the pink reverse wheels from most replica rolex are painted while gen ones are teflon coated, as you can imagine the paint usualy peels off and all the debrish ends up inside your watch... afecting the winding mechanims or even worst: the hairspring.

            It is quite reasonable for me to think the watch was damaged in transit, as no dealer sents them in a sturdy box like gen with "fragile" stickers all around the parcel (plus the detail about the poor quality clone parts inside the movement I mentioned before).

            Go find another dealer, its ok, but bear in mind all watches come from the same source and there is little or nothing your dealer can do for you. I would suggest to keep a good relation with your dealer contacting them before coming here with a name-and-shame post as they not only sell watches but service them.

            And please, dont expect any COSC quality for a watch "this price".

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TomasDrogas View Post
              This watches are replicas with clone movements most of the times assambled in poor conditions, you should not asume they will keep the time the same accurate the gen does nor age the same good.

              If you want to keep your watch as your daily beater and not just as good looking replica for that special ocasion, you sould service it inmediatelly and even got some parts replaced. For example: the pink reverse wheels from most replica rolex are painted while gen ones are teflon coated, as you can imagine the paint usualy peels off and all the debrish ends up inside your watch... afecting the winding mechanims or even worst: the hairspring.

              It is quite reasonable for me to think the watch was damaged in transit, as no dealer sents them in a sturdy box like gen with "fragile" stickers all around the parcel (plus the detail about the poor quality clone parts inside the movement I mentioned before).

              Go find another dealer, its ok, but bear in mind all watches come from the same source and there is little or nothing your dealer can do for you. I would suggest to keep a good relation with your dealer contacting them before coming here with a name-and-shame post as they not only sell watches but service them.

              And please, dont expect any COSC quality for a watch "this price".
              Thanks for your point of view. It's very helpful

              Comment


                #8
                puretime What kind of solution do you propose? because the only thing I would like to do is to send back the watch and get another one, pm me if you want to figure it out.
                I didn't wear it earlier because it's my brother who signed the package when it arrived, I was on travel, I just came back 3 days ago, then I noticed it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Frankly, I would have been upset if it was 11s/d off, let alone 11m/d! I got one recently which was off 1m/d and I have sent it back to that TD. Its status currently "under repair".

                  I am convinced that TDs send fake timegraph picutres, except some very picky TDs. Most play the numbers game. Some X% of watches produced by factory perform horribly. TDs ship it anyways because (i) many members wont complain (ii) if somebody complains, TD will claim "fault caused in transit" (iii) if somebody does send it back, they will take forever to ship it back and cause other defects in the process.

                  Why so? It is economics. It is not in their benefit to send only COSC spec watches, although I have received some watches which ran COSC upon receipt. They compete, and at their margins, that's what they can offer. They do all they can to discourage extra work.

                  I am leaning to think that offering TDs extra $25 or 50 for truthful depiction of expected performance and for searching painstakingly, might be reasonable.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks for your explanation r0b9502 , I totally agree with you ! the watch losses 11 minutes per day which is totally unacceptable.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by ALYAZID View Post
                      puretime What kind of solution do you propose? because the only thing I would like to do is to send back the watch and get another one, pm me if you want to figure it out.
                      I didn't wear it earlier because it's my brother who signed the package when it arrived, I was on travel, I just came back 3 days ago, then I noticed it.
                      Thanks for your explaination. I will PM you the solution

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Ok, maybe you could not expect cosc-quality, but for a price of about 500 bucks it has to be good quality. You can get Rolex alike original watches without the big name printed on it with eta 2892-A2, engraved ceramic bezel, sapphireglass on both sides with warranty and papers for only a few bucks more, e.g. Steinhart. So I expect corresponding quality from a 500$-watch from china as well.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by nico36de View Post
                          Ok, maybe you could not expect cosc-quality, but for a price of about 500 bucks it has to be good quality. You can get Rolex alike original watches without the big name printed on it with eta 2892-A2, engraved ceramic bezel, sapphireglass on both sides with warranty and papers for only a few bucks more, e.g. Steinhart. So I expect corresponding quality from a 500$-watch from china as well.
                          I totally understand your concern.But things like this happen sometimes during shipping .We have to admit the watch is actually well replicated despite that the movement got damaged.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            there's s no concern. I just wanted to point out that you can get first class quality german watches with swiss eta-movements for only a few bucks more than the replicas. And these watches come with papers and box, so they won't be damaged during shipping.

                            I've seen replicas like the IWS Portugieser V5 and they really look great. But for the price they simply should have to. And I would expect that they have movements in the same quality like german or swiss watches for the same price.

                            Anyway: certainly damages can happen on the long way from China. But if the are handled in the way the threadopener has decribed it, it doesn't feel too trustworthy....

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thanks for your information.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X