• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Great customer service w/ puretime but I don't understand I broke my own watch and blame them

DaBurp

Looking Around
2/4/19
Hi there,
I purchased an ARF submariner at puretime. it arrived here on Monday in the afternoon and it looked great.
After less than 3 days, on Thursday in the morning I discovered the luminous pearl from the bezel got lost. (probably whilst sleeping during the night)
So I opened a warranty claim puretime and they answered, it is not a warranty claim, because it's out of their control. Puretime requested me to purchase the pearl for $15 plus $15 transport and fix it myself with glue.

1. IMHO charging customers for a warranty claim is unacceptable.
2. From a technical side of view, glue can't be a solution, because the ceramic bezel and the 904 steel pearl have varying thermal coefficients of expansion. So it's just a question of time, but it will get lost again, because of changing temperature.

I'm actually waiting for the delivery of my 2nd purchase at puretime (Noob Daytona w/ box&papers). I'm afraid I have to delete my account and find a new supplier.

How do you think about it?
V1aXmb.md.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MonsieurMax

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Hi there,
I purchased an ARF submariner at puretime. it arrived here on Monday in the afternoon and it looked great.
After less than 3 days, on Thursday in the morning I discovered the luminous pearl from the bezel got lost. (probably whilst sleeping during the night)
So I opened a warranty claim puretime and they answered, it is not a warranty claim, because it's out of their control. Puretime requested me to purchase the pearl for $15 plus $15 transport and fix it myself with glue.

2. From a technical side of view, glue can't be a solution, because the ceramic bezel and the 904 steel pearl have varying thermal coefficients of expansion. So it's just a question of time, but it will get lost again, because of changing temperature.

I'm actually waiting for the delivery of my 2nd purchase at puretime (Noob Daytona w/ box&papers). I'm afraid I have to delete my account and find a new supplier.

First, don't sleep with your watch on, you have no clue how much you move around when you are asleep. Remember, you did this to the watch, guess what, if it were gen, you may have done the same damn thing and Rolex wouldn't warranty it for you either.

second puretime is right, they can sell you a new pearl that will fit, or you can look to get it fixed locally or by someone on the forum.

I am amending your title, because this is good customer service, you are just unreasonable. Think about it...

Where's Tucker when he's needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rx4Time

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
Once again it's that f'ing "varying thermal coefficients of expansion." I hate that sh!t.

Literally L O L 'd this. My wife looked at me like I'm crazy. Expansion coefficients that vary thermally will get your pearl every dang time.

poinds

17/4/17
Hi there,

V1aXmb.md.jpg

You could always buy a gen bezel where the coefficients of thermal expansion are really 1:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
My pearls pop out whenever there is a disturbance in the thermal coefficient.

DemandingBrownCaudata-max-1mbdb4ad9436d8ae746.gif

It's that damn metal surround of the pearl. Thankfully gen doesn't have this variation of materials.....

Reactions: Maron and Tucker

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
....not properly comprehending the laws of physics is a bitch, isn't it? Just curious, how do you think the genuine is held in place?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I’m pretty sure we are being trolled but it’s still funny.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
My pearls pop out whenever there is a disturbance in the thermal coefficient.

DemandingBrownCaudata-max-1mbdb4ad9436d8ae746.gif

It's that damn metal surround of the pearl. Thankfully gen doesn't have this variation of materials.....

Noob factory battled this for years, but has seemed to have found the answer to "the lost pearl".. Maybe (for a small fee of course) they could share their secret with the ARF factory.
6db9ee12-b060-4711-af29-324638e67aee.gif

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Lmao

op, take the replacement pearl, glue it in place and stop sleeping with your watch on.

/problem/

Reactions: Rx4Time

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Just put in a large drop of glue into the spot. Once it hardens, it will look like a pearl, be happy with that.

Reactions: TomasDrogas

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
No worries I will check with the maker and if the maker can offer me the pearl at no cost and you dont have to pay for anything.

Reactions: solosolo7

DaBurp

Looking Around
2/4/19
Thanks for blaming me.

Are you serious?! Wearing a watch whilst sleeping may cause in damage... ROFL!
Even the cheapest 10$ watch will survive a nights sleep. This one is worth 500$ - and it can not be worn like a normal watch? Amazing.

BTW my gen submariner survived my night's sleep for more than 1 1/2 years... without losing the pearl.

Thermal expansion coefficients: Maybe I translated it wrong, because I'm not an English native speaker. In case you think, it's wrong or it's missunderstandable - ask me. Why blaming me?
I think it's better to leave this forum. Sorry that I disturbed you.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for blaming me.

Are you serious?! Wearing a watch whilst sleeping may cause in damage... ROFL!
Even the cheapest 10$ watch will survive a nights sleep. This one is worth 500$ - and it can not be worn like a normal watch? Amazing.

BTW my gen submariner survived my night's sleep for more than 1 1/2 years... without losing the pearl.

Thermal expansion coefficients: Maybe I translated it wrong, because I'm not an English native speaker. In case you think, it's wrong or it's missunderstandable - ask me. Why blaming me?
I think it's better to leave this forum. Sorry that I disturbed you.

Friend, this is not a gen watch. You can't treat it same as gen. But i have spoken to the factory and they are willing to offer the pearl with no costs. I will ask my team to
get it as soon as possible for you .I apologize if there is any inconvenience caused.

Reactions: Nivka

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
OP: WTF do you think holds the pearl in on the gen, spit? Use a glue with some give like Gorilla Grip but only a tiny amount so you don't glue it to the case.
Oh, and what exactly did you pay for your gen Sub? A tad more than $500 I'll be assuming . . .

Friend, this is not a gen watch. You can't treat it same as gen. But i have spoken to the factory and they are willing to offer the pearl with no costs. I will ask my team to
get it as soon as possible for you .I apologize if there is any inconvenience caused.

Nicer than I would have been given his attitude . . .

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We have refunded the payment you sent for the pearl, we will ship the pearl to you when we are back from the Qing Ming Festival, thank you.

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
Any idea which kind of glue (brand) is sufficcient to fix it?

Evaluate some available adhesives for compatibility with the coefficients of thermal expansion of the materials to be bonded. ;)

Btw, I need to ask... why is it so important to keep your watch on while sleeping?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime : thanks for solving. Any idea which kind of glue (brand) is sufficcient to fix it?

Hmm I am sorry I am not a watch smith and maybe you can find better answers in the watch mod sections? The maker doesnt flue the pearl by themselves either, the bezel maker glued them before deliverying to the maker.