Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Great customer service w/ puretime but I don't understand I broke my own watch and blame them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Great customer service w/ puretime but I don't understand I broke my own watch and blame them

    Hi there,
    I purchased an ARF submariner at puretime. it arrived here on Monday in the afternoon and it looked great.
    After less than 3 days, on Thursday in the morning I discovered the luminous pearl from the bezel got lost. (probably whilst sleeping during the night)
    So I opened a warranty claim puretime and they answered, it is not a warranty claim, because it's out of their control. Puretime requested me to purchase the pearl for $15 plus $15 transport and fix it myself with glue.

    1. IMHO charging customers for a warranty claim is unacceptable.
    2. From a technical side of view, glue can't be a solution, because the ceramic bezel and the 904 steel pearl have varying thermal coefficients of expansion. So it's just a question of time, but it will get lost again, because of changing temperature.

    I'm actually waiting for the delivery of my 2nd purchase at puretime (Noob Daytona w/ box&papers). I'm afraid I have to delete my account and find a new supplier.

    How do you think about it?
    Last edited by Ralphy; 02-04-19, 20:42.

    #2
    Originally posted by DaBurp View Post
    Hi there,
    I purchased an ARF submariner at puretime. it arrived here on Monday in the afternoon and it looked great.
    After less than 3 days, on Thursday in the morning I discovered the luminous pearl from the bezel got lost. (probably whilst sleeping during the night)
    So I opened a warranty claim puretime and they answered, it is not a warranty claim, because it's out of their control. Puretime requested me to purchase the pearl for $15 plus $15 transport and fix it myself with glue.

    1. IMHO charging customers for a warranty claim is unacceptable.
    2. From a technical side of view, glue can't be a solution, because the ceramic bezel and the 904 steel pearl have varying thermal coefficients of expansion. So it's just a question of time, but it will get lost again, because of changing temperature.

    I'm actually waiting for the delivery of my 2nd purchase at puretime (Noob Daytona w/ box&papers). I'm afraid I have to delete my account and find a new supplier.

    How do you think about it?
    First, don't sleep with your watch on, you have no clue how much you move around when you are asleep. Remember, you did this to the watch, guess what, if it were gen, you may have done the same damn thing and Rolex wouldn't warranty it for you either.

    second puretime is right, they can sell you a new pearl that will fit, or you can look to get it fixed locally or by someone on the forum.

    I am amending your title, because this is good customer service, you are just unreasonable. Think about it...

    Where's Tucker when he's needed.
    Last edited by Ralphy; 02-04-19, 21:21.
    "People don't care about your watch, so wear what makes you happy!!!" -RWI Proverb# 7

    https://picr.me/ralphy1975

    Comment


      #3
      Great first post...
      Go on mate...

      Comment


        #4
        Once again it's that f'ing "varying thermal coefficients of expansion." I hate that sh!t.
        Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

        But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

        I wanted this omega so bad :/
        I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Tucker View Post
          Once again it's that f'ing "varying thermal coefficients of expansion." I hate that sh!t.
          Literally L O L 'd this. My wife looked at me like I'm crazy. Expansion coefficients that vary thermally will get your pearl every dang time.
          [ Insert witty remark here ]

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DaBurp View Post
            Hi there,
            I purchased an ARF submariner at puretime. it arrived here on Monday in the afternoon and it looked great.
            After less than 3 days, on Thursday in the morning I discovered the luminous pearl from the bezel got lost. (probably whilst sleeping during the night)
            So I opened a warranty claim puretime and they answered, it is not a warranty claim, because it's out of their control. Puretime requested me to purchase the pearl for $15 plus $15 transport and fix it myself with glue.

            1. IMHO charging customers for a warranty claim is unacceptable.
            2. From a technical side of view, glue can't be a solution, because the ceramic bezel and the 904 steel pearl have varying thermal coefficients of expansion. So it's just a question of time, but it will get lost again, because of changing temperature.

            I'm actually waiting for the delivery of my 2nd purchase at puretime (Noob Daytona w/ box&papers). I'm afraid I have to delete my account and find a new supplier.

            How do you think about it?
            You could always buy a gen bezel where the coefficients of thermal expansion are really 1:1.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


              #7
              My pearls pop out whenever there is a disturbance in the thermal coefficient.





              It's that damn metal surround of the pearl. Thankfully gen doesn't have this variation of materials.....







              My wish list: gen components...
              Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

              Breitling B13 date wheel


              Panerai OP VIII movement



              Comment


                #8
                ....not properly comprehending the laws of physics is a bitch, isn't it? Just curious, how do you think the genuine is held in place?
                My wish list: gen components...
                Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

                Breitling B13 date wheel


                Panerai OP VIII movement



                Comment


                  #9
                  I’m pretty sure we are being trolled but it’s still funny.
                  Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

                  But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

                  I wanted this omega so bad :/
                  I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post
                    My pearls pop out whenever there is a disturbance in the thermal coefficient.





                    It's that damn metal surround of the pearl. Thankfully gen doesn't have this variation of materials.....






                    Noob factory battled this for years, but has seemed to have found the answer to "the lost pearl".. Maybe (for a small fee of course) they could share their secret with the ARF factory.
                    Midnight Rider[S][/S]

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Lmao

                      op, take the replacement pearl, glue it in place and stop sleeping with your watch on.

                      /problem/
                      My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Just put in a large drop of glue into the spot. Once it hardens, it will look like a pearl, be happy with that.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          No worries I will check with the maker and if the maker can offer me the pearl at no cost and you dont have to pay for anything.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Thanks for blaming me.

                            Are you serious?! Wearing a watch whilst sleeping may cause in damage... ROFL!
                            Even the cheapest 10$ watch will survive a nights sleep. This one is worth 500$ - and it can not be worn like a normal watch? Amazing.

                            BTW my gen submariner survived my night's sleep for more than 1 1/2 years... without losing the pearl.

                            Thermal expansion coefficients: Maybe I translated it wrong, because I'm not an English native speaker. In case you think, it's wrong or it's missunderstandable - ask me. Why blaming me?
                            I think it's better to leave this forum. Sorry that I disturbed you.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by DaBurp View Post
                              Thanks for blaming me.

                              Are you serious?! Wearing a watch whilst sleeping may cause in damage... ROFL!
                              Even the cheapest 10$ watch will survive a nights sleep. This one is worth 500$ - and it can not be worn like a normal watch? Amazing.

                              BTW my gen submariner survived my night's sleep for more than 1 1/2 years... without losing the pearl.

                              Thermal expansion coefficients: Maybe I translated it wrong, because I'm not an English native speaker. In case you think, it's wrong or it's missunderstandable - ask me. Why blaming me?
                              I think it's better to leave this forum. Sorry that I disturbed you.
                              Friend, this is not a gen watch. You can't treat it same as gen. But i have spoken to the factory and they are willing to offer the pearl with no costs. I will ask my team to
                              get it as soon as possible for you .I apologize if there is any inconvenience caused.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X