• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime, please make it right

PaneraiCC

Superfranken collector
Patron
Certified
29/1/19
Conus
I have been around the rep game quite sometime. I bought multiple watch on m2m and also trusted dealer all from puretime. I understand patience is everything in this game! I have waited long enough until today to share my story because enough is enough.

i bought a new version of omega for my brother in law back in the beginning of January 19. Got the watch 3 days later. The transaction went super smoothly. 2 days later, my brother called me and sent me the pictures of the watch not working. 2 screws came off and got stuck inside of the movement. Movement was not winding! Nothing worked. I contacted puretime, they asked me to send it back to China using only USPS. I did! Paid 30$ for it for 7-10 days. It was Jan 25th. Due to the chinese new year i think, puretime confirmed they got the watch on Feb 25 (after i emailed them multiple times asking for the status).

they said they had to send it back to the factory to fix. Weeks after weeks, everytime i asked for the status, they said they would contact the factory. It has been a month, nothing happens. Anyone has any idea how long is the time frame since they never gave me one!!

they should have swapped the new one for me since i only had that for 2 days.

Please help!!

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
If this was true,
I have been around the rep game quite sometime.
you would have known to never ever send a watch back to China. You just need to wait. This could take 6 months. You would have been better off asking Puretime for a discount on another purchase and getting a local watchmaker or someone on RWI to help you out. This is something you probably could have fixed on your own with some help from the forum. Now you just have to wait and be extra patient.

PaneraiCC

Superfranken collector
Patron
Certified
29/1/19
Conus
Ralphy1975 Now i know, i wonder before why people listed their brandnew broken watch on m2m for sale for a loss when they can send it back to the dealer for a free service.

They are extra helpful when we pay them the full amount but when something is wrong, no help at all!!!

unfortunately, the watch is for my brother in law and he is new to rep games and he was skeptical but i promised him puretime is the way to go. I had many watches from them, never had any problems!! Beginner’s bad luck! My reputation to him is down the toilet too! He must hate me now though i was just a middle guy with no benefit.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Ralphy1975

unfortunately, the watch is for my brother in law and he is new to rep games and he was skeptical but i promised him puretime is the way to go. I had many watches from them, never had any problems!! Beginner’s bad luck! My reputation to him is down the toilet too! He must hate me now though i was just a middle guy with no benefit.

The watch could have come from any dealer....not just Puretime. This is not uncommon in the replica game. If your brother-in-law really "hates" you now over a broken replica watch there are much bigger issues you need to address.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
The "rep game" as you say ain't for erebody....

that wouldn't happen with a rollie I bet

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Reactions: PaneraiCC

PaneraiCC

Superfranken collector
Patron
Certified
29/1/19
Conus
He hasn’t said anything to me yet. But i feel that it is coming. How can i blame him after spending 500$, enjoy the watch for 2 days. It was January 25th till now. By the way, i was doing all the shipment and contact with puretime since he trusted me. He is new and i am surprised with his patience!!

i swear i would never do anything like this again ever!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am terribly sorry for what happened, please allow me to explain a little bit about how the repair works here.

If the watch is worn or had the protective film teared off, it is considered as used so we cannot do a direct replacement.

If the watch is brand new and never worn, it just broke during shipping and you found out immediately after unpacking from the package, then we can simply return the watch to the maker and order a new unit for you.

Here is the important part, NO MAKERS has their own watch smiths anymore, all new watch assembling and repair service are out sourced to third party companies so you may find the assembly of the watches of the same maker varies from days to days since they are assembled by different persons. And because of this, the repair service is much delayed since the makers always have the new watches assembling at the higher priority and they will only take care of the repairs when the watch smiths have some spare time.

Here is a list of the repair time in the local Chinese watch making industry:
工厂维修时间表 (Watch Maker Repairing Service Time Estimation)
(大致分析) 如下:
AR 5~8天(days) (基本固定)(Usually consistant)
JF 5~8天 (基本固定)
VS 10~15天 (甚至更久)(can be longer)
V6 15~30天 (甚至更久)
KW 15~30天 (甚至更久)
KV 15~20天 (基本固定)
N厂 3~5天 (基本固定)
AF 7~10天 (基本固定)
ZF 7~10天 (基本固定)
PF 5~8天 (可以催 )(Can be expedited by rushing the maker)
GF 5~8天 (可以催)
FK 3~5天 (可以催)
GS 5~7天 (可以催)
SV 5~7天 (可以催)
BP 5~7天 (可以催)
RD 5~7天 (可以催)
MK 7~10天 (基本固定)
VR 7~10天 (可以催)
HG 7~10天 (可以更快)(Can be sooner)
3S 10~15天 (基本固定)
kor 10~15天 (可以催)
RE 10~15天 (可以催)
V9 10~15天 (可以催)
3S 10~15天 (基本固定)
KZ 10~15天 (可以催)
TF 9999天 (已离开仿表行业)(Maker RIP)
YL 15~20天 (基本固定)
TW 15~20天 (基本固定)
RM 15~20天 (基本固定)
JJ 15~30天 (甚至更久)

These are only estimations, maybe the watch you bought is from the maker with less waiting time but sometimes it takes longer than usual. Since I have no idea about your order and please PM me your order info and I will check again with the maker again and see if we can make it back sooner.

Again sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Reactions: rolexppapfan