• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pure time terrible experience

madmax76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/14
Hi Guys,
I don’t know where else to turn. I purchased a arf dssd SD43 from pure time before Christmas and the watch I was sent is different from the qc pics or something happened in the meantime as the numbers on the bezel appeared to be missing paint. I sent an email the day after and was told to send it back. At the same time I noticed that the date wheel was not lining up at different numbers.
Now I have sent the watch back they are saying that the bezel cannot be fixed and will have to have the whole case replaced and are insisting that I pay for this. I have bought many watches from them and never had a problem before, admittedly this is the first issue I have had.
How can I rectify this, I paid over $500usd and now they want me to pay another $188 plus the postage I paid to send it back. They have me hostage as there is nothing I can, this seems so unfair from a supposed trusted dealer. I’d hate to see how the untrusted ones behaved.
Can somebody help
PS I’m not sure how to upload the pic from my phone

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Hi,

Did you open a helpdesk ticket regarding this issue with PureTime?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
OP, if this transaction is as described, you have a legitimate concern... Fill out a ticket at the Helpdesk.. Good Luck!

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Where is the helpdesk

Here it is.
d88a459fb540822987741955e009f199.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteZahutt

madmax76

26/9/14
Thanks guys, I have opened a ticket, hope I can get it sorted

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
I have only had good experiences with puretime myself. I hope you get this sorted out!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
First of all, I am sorry for what happened and I believe none of us wanted this to happen. But the OP claimed we shipped a watch which is DIFFERENT from the watch that was QC'ed and I believe I have to explain the situation here.

We received the RMA request 2 days after the customer has received the watch, he claimed the paint on the bezel numbers came off (in 2 days), we have never received any complaints about this so soon before so we didnt agree to send the watch back to us in the first place, then the customer brought up the date wheel alignment issue and then we agreed to have him send the watch back to us.

The bezel has exposed in the air for weeks before installing to a watch case and then it was still exposed to the air before delivering to the makers, we assume the maker assemble the case into a watch right after they received the case from the case maker and the bezel was still exposed in the air for quite some time. And here is the QC pics:
VvE8iG.md.jpg
VvEiIq.md.jpg

The bezel looked completely clean to me, hope you guys agree?

Here is the images the customer sent to us 2 days after he has received the watch.

VvESX6.md.jpg
VvEhx0.md.jpg

And now he claimed the received a watch which was different from the QC pics, which means he received the watch with the bezel with the paint came off already?

So here are some pics of the watch we received and from the serial number engraved at 6 o'clock indicates it is the same watch as being QC'ed before shipping.
VvEjZF.md.jpg
VvEHir.md.jpg

I am not making any conclusion here but only stating the facts, we never ship a watch that was not the one on the QC pics and we are 100% sure this customer received the exact watch as appeared on the QC pics with clean bezel numbers. And with some unknown reasons the paint came off 2 days after he has received the watch which the paint was fine on the bezel for weeks before it was worn.

Since we have his watch and we still tried to return the watch the maker telling them the paint came off in 2 days but the maker refused to replace since they told us it was impossible for the paint to come off in 2 days so if we want to fix this, we need to pay for a new case, IF this only involve replacing the bezel, I will just take the damage and replace the bezel, but now we are talking about a 904L case costs $150+ and I am sorry we cannot afford this. So we told the customer that we cannot get it fixed and if you want to fix it and you have to pay for a new case. Obviously this didnt satisfy him and here we are.

Again I am not making any conclusions and since he has created a support ticket and I will respect the admin's decision, if the admin says I have to replace the case for him and I will do without any questions asked. What I am doing here is only stating the facts.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
First of all, I am sorry for what happened and I believe none of us wanted this to happen. But the OP claimed we shipped a watch which is DIFFERENT from the watch that was QC'ed and I believe I have to explain the situation here.

We received the RMA request 2 days after the customer has received the watch, he claimed the paint on the bezel numbers came off (in 2 days), we have never received any complaints about this so soon before so we didnt agree to send the watch back to us in the first place, then the customer brought up the date wheel alignment issue and then we agreed to have him send the watch back to us.

The bezel has exposed in the air for weeks before installing to a watch case and then it was still exposed to the air before delivering to the makers, we assume the maker assemble the case into a watch right after they received the case from the case maker and the bezel was still exposed in the air for quite some time. And here is the QC pics:
VvE8iG.md.jpg
VvEiIq.md.jpg

The bezel looked completely clean to me, hope you guys agree?

Here is the images the customer sent to us 2 days after he has received the watch.

VvESX6.md.jpg
VvEhx0.md.jpg

And now he claimed the received a watch which was different from the QC pics, which means he received the watch with the bezel with the paint came off already?

So here are some pics of the watch we received and from the serial number engraved at 6 o'clock indicates it is the same watch as being QC'ed before shipping.
VvEjZF.md.jpg
VvEHir.md.jpg

I am not making any conclusion here but only stating the facts, we never ship a watch that was not the one on the QC pics and we are 100% sure this customer received the exact watch as appeared on the QC pics with clean bezel numbers. And with some unknown reasons the paint came off 2 days after he has received the watch which the paint was fine on the bezel for weeks before it was worn.

Since we have his watch and we still tried to return the watch the maker telling them the paint came off in 2 days but the maker refused to replace since they told us it was impossible for the paint to come off in 2 days so if we want to fix this, we need to pay for a new case, IF this only involve replacing the bezel, I will just take the damage and replace the bezel, but now we are talking about a 904L case costs $150+ and I am sorry we cannot afford this. So we told the customer that we cannot get it fixed and if you want to fix it and you have to pay for a new case. Obviously this didnt satisfy him and here we are.

Again I am not making any conclusions and since he has created a support ticket and I will respect the admin's decision, if the admin says I have to replace the case for him and I will do without any questions asked. What I am doing here is only stating the facts.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.
Thanks for sharing, it's always better to hear both sides of the story.

So how do you believe the paint came off?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

madmax76

26/9/14
I think I’ve figured out how to upload pics, I did send the email regarding the damaged paint two days later but the damage was there on the day it arrived. Check out these pics and the dates, hope it works
2fkuHbH

2dWBsoc

madmax76

26/9/14
I don’t think it worked, here is the links
https://flic.kr/p/2dWBsoc
https://flic.kr/p/2fkuHbH
theres only a few hours between the delivery time and the time of the pic on the same date. This seems absurd. I’m not sure what he is suggesting I have done but this is surely a manufacturing defect. It’s never happened to any other watch I have

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I never suggested you did anything to the watch. I said the bezel was totally fine when exposed in the air before the watch was delivered to you. But it turned within hours after you received it. Since we have never had any watch happened like this before so we wait for the admins decision and I will do whatever the admin suggests me to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
madmax76 ...use picr.me and paste the bbcodes.......I hope you have made a video and photos before you shipped it back

Reactions: opus42