• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam127 - very bad experience

CptUsa

Horology Curious
4/3/19
I am returning PT customer. Previously I've ordered:

ARF SD43 (THE
  • most solid out of box rep I have ever seen and used
  • feel-weight solid 9/10
  • visually 9/10
  • mechanism is hard to adjust and feels "light and flimsy" but that is trully just trying to find something bad to say about it.
  • I truly think it is a SOLID 8/10 and on any given day a 9/10 (with a possibility of 10/10 on tuesday mornigs ;))
ARF Submariner
  • very successful REP,
  • the mechanism feels more flimsy than the SD43
  • weight is just a feather off
  • optically very good (in the Submariner world it is a highly respected REP, and I could not be happier)
  • SOLID 8/10
NOOB GMT Master2 Batman
  • By far the weakest REP i have bought (when compared to what I did buy)
  • The weight is WAY off
  • The bazel is extremly sensetive
  • mechanism feels extremly fragile. ALTHOUGH: I have to admit, it did not brake or give me any reason to not trust it.
  • I am not an expert as many on this site are about the other details
  • When I do wear it, my OCD makes me constantly feel its lack of weight and presence, yet no one else, including the pictures on FB or INSTA will ever make you think it was a rep.
  • optically I would agree to a 7/10 *ICHS
  • physically 6/10 - I would not buy it again, BUT I see no reason to blame PT for any other TD for any of listed flews (IMHO)
(Ive been buying watches from them since december of 2018. In my opinion it is very important to note that I have been a HOT costumer at the time)

I purchased a couple of Rolex Box' from PT, and in due time changed my mind and asked for store credit, which they were very accomadating and I had no problems.
I have to underline the very well known fact that PT is a communicative TD. I have never had an answered email. Given the time difference, perhaps it is not the fastest reply but THEY WILL REPLY.

I am a one stop shop kind of guy. I can live with flaws. I rather have a guy and a direct HONEST contact than constantly trying out other options and living with perpetual expectation calibration.
In all of my emails to PT, i continiounsly and repedeitly underlined this need/want.

" I want to have a great relationship with you, and trust"
*******************************************************(For all interested parties, feel free to PM me for the copies of my emails)**********************************************************

Before all of my orders Ive emailed and asked for availability and asked about their opinion if my order was as good as option B at the time I had. Again, asking them to tell me what ever the best choice was, since we are building this relationship...

Since I was half way into my Rolex collection, and after reading a in depth guide on panerai models, posted by a moderator on this site. I decided to find a PAM127 NOOB "SUPER CLONE." Furthermore, I realized that PT actually has a MOD service and they offer ETA MOD for PAM's. GREAT, I thought. I asked for the availability, and was positivly surprised of its existance. All was going super smooth at the time...
I orderd the watch and through PT's site went ahead and ordered the ETA MOD. So far, sooo goooood.
4 days went by and I received my QC pics. I delightfully approved, but asked to see the POST-ETA MOD install pics. PT did not object, they said it will take a couple of days to source the mod, but I will get my pics. in my mind nooooooooothing to be worried about at this time. Week went by and I did not get anything from PT. It was right after the Chinese New Year, I assumed they had orders to fill... NOOOO BIG DEAL!!!!!
When I didnt get any emails from them after the second week, I inquired very politely asking if there is anything wrong and if I needed to do anything further. PT indicated about a MOD installation difficulty and them not being able to fit it and make it work, furthermore they asked if they could ship the watch and mod to me for the installation. FAIR, I see how many of you could be able to manage that offer, unfortunately I am not.
In my reply, I appologized for not being able to accept that offer and explained that I have no physical way of installing anything by myself. BUT, since we are building this trust here, I offered 7 other options
1) Forget the mod, just send me the watch and a store credit for the mod
2) TAKE ALLLLLL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to install the MOD and then send it to me
3) if mod fits any of the other (more expensive) PAM's lets just install it on them and ill cover the difference
4) IF -that trust thing again- this is not going to be a reliable watch lets just pic another watch:
  • HULK
  • PO GMT
  • AP ROO
I really had no problem with spending more to get a piece of mind, and I SINCERELY ASKED THEM FOR THEIR OPINION.

PT assured me the PAM127 is the best way to go and we agreed....

Well, the PAM127 did arrive, NOT WORKING AT ALL...
  • nothing moves
  • seconds hand didnt move at all
  • hours and minutes hands are VERY HEAVY..
  • the winding crown is fully wound and not moving....
then i went back to my qc pics... and guess what...
every pic I have indicates the same time:
  • seconds
  • minutes
  • hour
I see how some of you could argue that it "could" be that the reserve expired when they took the pictures, but the pictures are siquetual with the "accuracy" meter? I find it extremly hard to believe that the reserve ran out RIGHT THEN AND THERE...

You see, I know they can say "send it back, we appologize... product quality is not in our hands...we are just a TD"
NO!!!
This is such a breach of trust.
  • I spend about 2000$ in 3 months with this company.
  • I repedetily asked for their opinio and gave them so many chances to work with me.
  • In my emails, I contiously indicated my next purchases, for which i did come back to order
  • I ordered a super clone with an elite mod... and when it didnt workout for them I understood and offered other solutions, even different brand and different models...
I am a bussinessman myself, I have had similar problems... At this point I am in dispute with PT and they have requested more pictures of the watch to determine on their behalf what they can do.

For that reason, I am not concluding this experience just yet....

But, thus far this is the worst transaction I have done with anyone in the rep world. Yet, with the given previous experiences with them and from the feedback on this site and other rep sites I am willing to wait and see how does PureTime want to conclude this.

CptUsa

Horology Curious
4/3/19
VpLlph.jpg

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. We do check every watch and make sure they are working well before shipping . The qc pictures might be taken when it's not wound but a dead watch can not be tested on the timer matchine ( the rate and numbers will not appear). Obviously, it was running as shown from the timergraph. Also, we don't see a reason for us to send a dead watch since we need to offer the after sales service and take care of the repairs. I will tell my team to get back to you with solutions and we can disscuss further through PM if you need more help from me.

Reactions: Rick914 and CptUsa

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you for your understanding. I have PMed you