• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worst possible first order with PureTime

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
I am going to keep this very short. If anyone has had similar experiences please share and let me know if this is normal or if this is case of me being hustled.

- Ordered my first watch with PureTime and bought a Tudor Black Bay Heritage S&G 2017 ZF in the end of August 2018.
- Received it in September 2018.
- The crown on the watch gets broken and pops out so it is impossible to set the time clockwise, only counter clockwise.
- No one wants to touch the watch and try to repair it here local because of the parts and I have to unwillingly ship it back for repair.
- I have to ship it back to PureTime for repair on 12th of October 2018.
- I wait almost 2 months for the repair.
- On 7th of December 2018 I get confirmation that the watch is fixed and shipped back to me.
- I wait another month...still no watch.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on? The answer I got from Shuang from PureTime is that Hong Kong post is very slow.
Really!? I understand it was the holidays but...come on!
If they sent a bike messenger with the package he would have been here to Europe from Hong Kong by now...unbelieveable.

Really frustrated and feeling like a fool. Most likely I will never see the watch again and that was 300 dollars for the watch + 50 dollars for repair shipping right out the window.

Reactions: macarone

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
Sounds ok to me. I had a watch posted beginning of December, it was accepted into the postal system on the 3rd.. as of today it’s still in China en route to the UK.
They will have used the cheapest method of postage, as did I when I ordered my watch.
Using ems usually 4-5 days. Other methods can be 30 days plus.
On top of that we’ve had Christmas and New Years holidays, so we’ve lost a week there.. just have patience.

Reactions: Mike116

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Really frustrated and feeling like a fool.

You should. You obviously spent zero time researching or learning how the whole rep watch industry works. So - you decide to join here and your first post is bitching about a long established Trusted Dealer.

Looking forward to seeing DJ87 on the No Sale List of all the TD's and modders here......

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
You should. You obviously spent zero time researching or learning how the whole rep watch industry works. So - you decide to join here and your first post is bitching about a long established Trusted Dealer.

Looking forward to seeing DJ87 on the No Sale List of all the TD's and modders here......

Oh I see. I need to have over 3000+ posts before I can voice my opinion. Got it. Cool. Who are you? You can't be put on the No Sale List of all the TDs because you have a lot of posts? Or does a person get automatically banned for asking the wrong questions here?

Just so I got your comment: the whole rep watch industry works so that you as a customer buy a product. The product is defect. You wait 3+ months for the product to be fixed according to the price you paid. This is standard procedure? I can expect this to happened often in the whole rep watch industry? Do the Trusted Dealers front that repairs and defect watches are common and take 3-6 months to fix?

Obviously people react in different ways. I just feel this process has taken a lot of time for a watch I purchased almost half a year ago to try out before I invest.

Reactions: BlackbirdNiels

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Normal, you are not being hustled.

I would not have sent it back if I were you for this exact reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Remember that you are buying an illegal product , these guys can get jail time btw. Repairs etc take time and patience is nesessary. If its shipped via airmail then a 7 or 8 week wait is not uncommon

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
- I have to ship it back to PureTime for repair on 12th of October 2018.
- I wait almost 2 months for the repair.
- On 7th of December 2018 I get confirmation that the watch is fixed and shipped back to me.
- I wait another month...still no watch.

You shipped the watch back to PT on 12th Oct, and when was it received by PT?

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
you should have asked before sending it back, we would have suggested not to send it back, but to send it to any other modders in this forum for a repair/service.
you don't send it back exactly for the reason you are writing this post for.
i understand your frustration, but basically you are complaining for your own decision.

the only thing i can say for certain is that the TDs won't scam you, you will get it eventually

BIONONE

28/4/17
Oh I see. I need to have over 3000+ posts before I can voice my opinion. Got it. Cool. Who are you? You can't be put on the No Sale List of all the TDs because you have a lot of posts? Or does a person get automatically banned for asking the wrong questions here?

Just so I got your comment: the whole rep watch industry works so that you as a customer buy a product. The product is defect. You wait 3+ months for the product to be fixed according to the price you paid. This is standard procedure? I can expect this to happened often in the whole rep watch industry? Do the Trusted Dealers front that repairs and defect watches are common and take 3-6 months to fix?

Obviously people react in different ways. I just feel this process has taken a lot of time for a watch I purchased almost half a year ago to try out before I invest.

Just look at your head line and then ask again how you could get on a no sales list.

Obviously you did no research as already said - so you had the chance of letting do them their job or deal with the fact that you got a counterfeit product and look for a local rep friendly watchsmith (even someone in your state or country) - you would find many of them here on the forum.

But you took the „amazon-way“ and expected to be treated like a „normal“ customer.

If you would have done your research such a review of a „worst“ experience wouldnt be necessary because you would have known what you would be going through while dealing with trusted dealers.

in addition - the post count doesnt matter for a TD - if you are a pain to deal with he will tell you in no time that every watch you request is out of stock as you are none of the big fish who can feel like he is someone as a customer. You want something from them - they make a little profit out of you - but they are not in the position to handle every struggle some uneducated or unexperienced people produce.

If you would be the one who buys 300 pieces per month from them it would be a different case.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska

These might be the greatest first two posts in RWI history... or maybe not.

You joined today. You post this.

How did you even order from Puretime or know who they are if you just joined today? Googling Puretime can be a crap shoot with scammer sites posing as our TD's.

As most have weighed in, if you did buy this receive it, break it, and then send it back for repairs, then that is 100% on you. As others have stated, sending anything back to China to get fixed is a crap shoot. TD's are dealers, not makers. They can fix issues, but the chances of getting it back to them and then back to you is a total coin flip, you would know that if you had taken time to read the forum.

Not one member who is invested in this site would have recommended you send it back to China. Puretime probably would have given you a credit for your next order and you could have sourced a fix locally (or at least more local than China) if you would have just asked someone for advice.

Again, I'd love to know how you ordered the watch, how you knew to use Puretime, and who at Puretime you were in communication with.

Whenever a join date and first post are the same day ranting about something like this, my BS meter hits 100%. However, I will totally give you the benefit of the doubt but you need to weigh in and answer some of these questions.

You sound an awful lot like an idiot that just got banned for "testing" the forum with other ranting stories like this.

We will wait and see what you have to say and reserve judgement until then.

Reactions: Tucker

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Love this! Not only shitting on puretime but insulting members in the process as well. Way to go DJ87 ! You'd be loved here for sure not only by TD's but the community as well.
YvnB.gif

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
I've spent 6 months on RWG.CC and 3 months here reading experienced users threads before my first rep purchase.
Reading is knowledge.
(Thank you guys!)

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
So I see I'm getting blasted and attacked from all fronts. Called names and accused for insulting members...
This is not the place for that.

Going to try to answer the people who actually had some good replies and not the likes of bob

I got recommended to join this forum a while back and from then I have used it from time to time just to read and not interact. From there I wanted to test out the Tudor in question while on a local waiting list for another model. My hope was that I would like the watch and eventually place a order with an AD.

From reading here I narrowed it down to PureTime or InTime, and eventually went with PT after sending both an email asking if the watch was in stock and how fast it could be shipped out to my country. Got help from Jennifer at PT in the order process and received the QC pics from Elena at PT. Even recommended PT to a couple of other colleagues who ordered Hulk from them. Was not interested in that model as I already own a Tisell Hulk and is very satisfied with that one.
Everything was okey until I got the watch. It worked for a couple of days. One morning I wanted to use it that specific day and I had to wind it up as it had been unused. Take the crown in position and start to set the time and then after a couple of rotations the crown just pops out and the hands stop moving when I try to set the time clockwise.
I contact PT and talk to Shuang. He recommended that I send it back or try a local shop. Go to the local shop, they take it in open it up and tell me they don't want to try to fix it.
So I say okey and send it back to PT.

Obviously the rant is out of frustration. Specially because I bought it almost half a year ago and can count on one hand how many times I got to test the watch out.
From some of the responses I see that this is "normal" and I guess I will receive the watch eventually. I might not be in the category of ordering 300 pieces pr month like bob and bio so if this leads to getting kicked out from here and automatically placed on some no sales list...so be it. Cant do anything about that now. I just need the watch back to test it out proper so that I can place a order with a local AD. Hope I still get that chance.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
OP, from reading your comments here, I recommend that you just go ahead and order the gen from the AD. I can tell you will not be happy with any type of rep.
Your negative and defeatist attitude speaks loudly of your intentions to gain some type of self pity.
You should go ahead and end your adventures, here and now before you are in fact kicked off the forum for making negative comments to long term and experienced members that were only trying to help you.

Last edited:

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Like the others said, just be patient.
From your description, it sounds like the keyless works just needed to be reset, an easy job for any competent watch smith.
Not really the “Worst Possible”, you did get your watch. Perhaps mods should change the title of this thread to “Worst possible decision for repair”.

Reactions: Mike116

BIONONE

28/4/17
DJ87 believe me - I am not the guy that orders 300 watches per month - not even per year. All i wanted to say was we are all equal unless we are one of the big fish.

If I would start a dispute for a broken watch in the particular review section my TD would know very soon who is a good customer and who is just stressful and harms the business more than the margin is worth it.

I think you get my point and stop taking things personally as nothing of my post was offending your person - only real talk.

You will get your watch and Angus will probably forgive you as he a friendly one but you are experiencing how the rep world is like and that could have been done in the past long before you ordered your beloved Tudor.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Like the others said, just be patient.
From your description, it sounds like the keyless works just needed to be reset, an easy job for any competent watch smith.
Not really the “Worst Possible”, you did get your watch. Perhaps mods should change the title of this thread to “Worst possible decision for repair”.

great shot of Hunter S Thompson there bud. I stillI have a paper back copy of Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. I think your bang re the keyless btw

Reactions: BIONONE and Hor-Fan