• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order: Omega CrPO VSF 42mm

ethersphynx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/18
Finally pulled the trigger guys! Made my first purchase with Puretime after reading a gazillion webpages all over RWI. Puretime has been simply excellent from start to finish. They were very patient answering all the questions I had.

Further, especially for me, when I was confused in my final shortlist (IWC, Omega, 42mm, 43.5mm etc. etc.), they were very helpful to suggest the right option based on their experience with quality and service! I cannot begin to express how supremely relieving this was! After all, everyone wants to be reassured they did their homework right and are getting the best value for their purchase!

They did warn me in advance about which payment portals were functioning well so I could have a smooth transaction. They were also kind enough to clearly indicate how long it would take to source the item from factory and were very willing to listen to which specific QC parts I was most paranoid about (pearl centering, bezel smudges etc.). Throughout the process they were extremely courteous. Seriously guys, I've visited retail outlets and purchased more expensive items for less courtesy! These guys should write the book on customer service.

I went ahead and also purchased pre-servicing prior to ship as literally nobody in my country (who I trust) that can service reps.

Now comes the hard part. Gotta wait on the QC and shipment!

Thus far it's been one of the most pleasant buyer experiences, gen or rep included! Two (if possible several) thumbs way up!

For those of you interested, this is the link to the item I purchased (note that domain name is subject to change in the future): https://puretime.io/planet-ocean-pr...markers-on-ss-bracelet-a8500-super-clone.html

Reactions: Ysl

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks so much for your oder and your kind words. we are glad to know you like our service and we will keep doing our best. Please don't hesitate to
contact us if you need any further assistance with your oder. Thank you

ethersphynx

27/12/18
Update: Incredibly enough, I got QC pics already even though I only expected them by the end of next week. I think Angus and team have a time machine to go to the future, pick a watch and come back and provide QC :)

Given the nature of this business, a near-instantaneous QC pic made me first suspect that it could be another member's QC reject. BUT hot damn those pics are good! If it is another person's reject, I'm sorry for their loss (and happy for my gain!). If it's a new watch, I have an angel watching over me!

Either way, it just proves the thoroughness of Angus and team. They're my new best friend! :) Part of me feels I'm getting a GEN by mistake and Angus is losing out on the deal :)

I have some minor issues with the time grapher results (absolutely nothing off putting) but I purchased a service earlier anyway so I've asked for updated numbers after the service.

I'll continue to post updates as the story progresses. Seriously guys, happy customer so far. Praying it all continues smoothly!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thus far you guys have earned it. BTW, on a side note, your new server is definitely faster! Happy new year! ^_^

Great. let me know if there are any problems while using the new server. Happy new year!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Update: Incredibly enough, I got QC pics already even though I only expected them by the end of next week. I think Angus and team have a time machine to go to the future, pick a watch and come back and provide QC :)

Given the nature of this business, a near-instantaneous QC pic made me first suspect that it could be another member's QC reject. BUT hot damn those pics are good! If it is another person's reject, I'm sorry for their loss (and happy for my gain!). If it's a new watch, I have an angel watching over me!

Either way, it just proves the thoroughness of Angus and team. They're my new best friend! :) Part of me feels I'm getting a GEN by mistake and Angus is losing out on the deal :)

I have some minor issues with the time grapher results (absolutely nothing off putting) but I purchased a service earlier anyway so I've asked for updated numbers after the service.

I'll continue to post updates as the story progresses. Seriously guys, happy customer so far. Praying it all continues smoothly!

Thanks for your kind words. Your oder will be taken care of . Just tell Elena if there are any QC issues :) The servicing will be done as you paid soon

ethersphynx

27/12/18
An update: Got some updated QC pics based on request. All finalized and approved! It really does look awesome! I don't know how I'm going to wait until I can wear it!

For those who search in the future, the summary of the roughly 750+ posts (as of this writing) on the VSF CrPo thread for what to check on VSF CrPO QC is given below. I know it's a bit of a cheat compared to pouring in hours of research across a gazillion threads and public QC pics. BUT this forum is about helping and spreading the good cheer. Special shout out to Luxuracer , our resident omega expert, who helped confirm guidance & direction.

1. Verify the pearl in the bezel center
2. Verify font is correct on 6, 9 & 12 markers
3. Verify date is alright (no real specific date needed, just general date window trim & font)
4. Verify no Au750 engraving on the back - If necessary get caseback photos from both crown and He valve side.
5. Verify no incomplete trims on bezel teeth - One off issue so no real fear here if you missed it.
6. Verify timegrapher results - Issues can be fixed with a service almost always so don't worry if they're not great right of the start. Also, focus primarily on beat error. Other stuff isn't "truly" representative on a small interval measurement.
7. Verify lumeshot - Note that lume application can be verified through dial pics in daylight. The lumeshot specifically confirms colour.
8. Verify no bezel smudge - One off issue noticed literally once so far. So no real fear here if you missed it.

Overall, Puretime really picked out a beauty! These guys are professionals to the core. Love doing business with them.

Now, the sample moves on to service (which I pre-purchased as mentioned before) and then to shipment. Forget nails, I doubt I'll have fingers left by the end of this eager wait!

I'll post updates as I have them!

Reactions: Ysl

itshughesy

Horology Curious
7/1/19
Thank you for the tips ethersphynx, its' one of the things I'm concerned about with my order, I'll check against your reference when I get my QC pics and also post them for comment by those who know far more than me too!

I know how you feel, I'm going to be itching until mine turns up.

Reactions: ethersphynx

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
An update: Got some updated QC pics based on request. All finalized and approved! It really does look awesome! I don't know how I'm going to wait until I can wear it!

For those who search in the future, the summary of the roughly 750+ posts (as of this writing) on the VSF CrPo thread for what to check on VSF CrPO QC is given below. I know it's a bit of a cheat compared to pouring in hours of research across a gazillion threads and public QC pics. BUT this forum is about helping and spreading the good cheer. Special shout out to Luxuracer , our resident omega expert, who helped confirm guidance & direction.

1. Verify the pearl in the bezel center
2. Verify font is correct on 6, 9 & 12 markers
3. Verify date is alright (no real specific date needed, just general date window trim & font)
4. Verify no Au750 engraving on the back - If necessary get caseback photos from both crown and He valve side.
5. Verify no incomplete trims on bezel teeth - One off issue so no real fear here if you missed it.
6. Verify timegrapher results - Issues can be fixed with a service almost always so don't worry if they're not great right of the start. Also, focus primarily on beat error. Other stuff isn't "truly" representative on a small interval measurement.
7. Verify lumeshot - Note that lume application can be verified through dial pics in daylight. The lumeshot specifically confirms colour.
8. Verify no bezel smudge - One off issue noticed literally once so far. So no real fear here if you missed it.

Overall, Puretime really picked out a beauty! These guys are professionals to the core. Love doing business with them.

Now, the sample moves on to service (which I pre-purchased as mentioned before) and then to shipment. Forget nails, I doubt I'll have fingers left by the end of this eager wait!

I'll post updates as I have them!

Thanks for your kind words and detailed tips :D we will work on the servicing as soon as possible.

Reactions: ethersphynx

ethersphynx

27/12/18
Update:
Sane part: Watch is in service. Anticipate 1 more week prior to ship per original estimate. Puretime was very helpful to patiently answer the service related queries I had even though I plagued them like Shrek and the donkey! Very kind of them to bear with me! I owe them my patience now.

Insane part: I do NOT know how you seasoned guys on the forum wait so patiently!!!! I feel like pulling my hair out and running like Archimedes. I'm literally just feeding myself my own QC pics each day to pretend like the watch is getting closer to me. Next week I'll end up taking a QC print out and taping it to my wrist if I'm not cautious:).

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Update:
Sane part: Watch is in service. Anticipate 1 more week prior to ship per original estimate. Puretime was very helpful to patiently answer the service related queries I had even though I plagued them like Shrek and the donkey! Very kind of them to bear with me! I owe them my patience now.

Insane part: I do NOT know how you seasoned guys on the forum wait so patiently!!!! I feel like pulling my hair out and running like Archimedes. I'm literally just feeding myself my own QC pics each day to pretend like the watch is getting closer to me. Next week I'll end up taking a QC print out and taping it to my wrist if I'm not cautious:).

we are glad you like our service. Our watchsmith is working on it and hopefully it can be done on Monday :) Relax and this business is all about patience :D

ethersphynx

27/12/18
we are glad you like our service. Our watchsmith is working on it and hopefully it can be done on Monday :) Relax and this business is all about patience :D

Wow! :eek: 1 Week earlier than anticipated! Looks like I'll celebrate CNY faster than you :). Thanks for the update Angus bro! Great news to end the week! :drinks_cheers:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Wow! :eek: 1 Week earlier than anticipated! Looks like I'll celebrate CNY faster than you :). Thanks for the update Angus bro! Great news to end the week! :drinks_cheers:

Haha.. you are welcome, my friend. Have a good weekend :drinks_cheers:

TheKnight

16/11/18
they service the rep for you before del? hmm how much does that cost?

oil and grease according to eta spec?

ethersphynx

27/12/18
they service the rep for you before del? hmm how much does that cost?

Yes they can if you purchase it. They have their own watchsmith and send out detailed photos of the service as they pick it apart and then put it back together.

I believe non-chrono service is a 100USD. It's in the accessories section of theor website.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Yes they can if you purchase it. They have their own watchsmith and send out detailed photos of the service as they pick it apart and then put it back together.

I believe non-chrono service is a 100USD. It's in the accessories section of theor website.

post some pics when you receive it :)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

ethersphynx

27/12/18
Update: Service is all done! Yahoo!

Puretime sent out detailed pictures of the whole service. The 8500 super clone movement is really a treat to behold! After the full service, new timegrapher results were shared as well. They are super accurate! Clear difference from initial QC to post service results. Loving it!

A couple of sample pictures of service:

1. Service in progress:

qkQUX.jpg

2. That wonderful calibre movement:

qk1Yf.jpg

3. New timegrapher results:

qkvKQ.jpg

PT also said they'd ship the order out today! So hoping to have this in my hand (pun intended :) ) in a week!

Great customer service from PT! They really do take care of you well.

For all the potential new PT customers out there doing research - Just trust them, be patient and let them do their jobs. You will definitely be satisfied!

Reactions: sjpadams

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Great. we will process the shipment. Hope you will get it soon :D

ethersphynx

27/12/18
Standard update: Product shipped as stated by PT earlier and making its way to me. I can't breathe for excitement!

Anyone have an instruction manual on the clone movement Omega's? My biggest fear is that I'll somehow turn the knobs the wrong way as soon as I receive it and cock up the keyless works. I'll gladly take any direction anyone can give me...