• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very Concerned First Time Buyer

FloridaWatchGuy

Horology Curious
23/12/18
Florida
Hello all.

I’ve been a long time lurker here and pulled the trigger recently to become a first time purchaser. I have received the monthly news letters from Puretime for at least a year now and along with following them as a TD here, I decided this dealer would be where I would make my first purchase.

I truly hope that this does not turn out to be a cautionary tale. I am going to document the time line of my transaction and we shall see how this transaction sorts itself out.

11/23 - Ordered the Submariner Lady SS Pink Bezel Pink Dial on SS Bracelet A2836. Order #100147043.

11/24 - Sent the Bitcoin requested.

11/30 - Received email from Elena letting me know that they would get back to me when they have the watch.

12/4 - Recieved email from Elena with the QC pictures. I was very pleased, the time piece was beautiful and I approved for shipment right away.

12/11 - Received the DHL waybill number from Shuang. This showed a delivery date of 12/13.

12/13 - Late afternoon, I contact DHL to see if the package will still be delivered to me this day. I find out the package is being sent to New York and not to me in Florida.

12/14 - Not knowing anything about how they ship this stuff into the states I send an email asking if they could look at the tracking info. and tell me if everything is proceeding as planned? Because it looks like my package may be destined for New York? This email was not answered.

12/14 - I send another email stating that DHL shows my package going to New York and asking if it makes another stop in New York before it comes to me? This email also goes unanswered and now I’m becoming concerned.

12/14 - I receive notification that the package has been delivered to somewhere in New York City. Now I am alarmed. I send emails to all the addresses for PT that I have, stating that my package has been delivered, but not to me.

12/15 - I receive an email from Shuang with a different tracking number. A second email saying that the new tracking number is incorrect and they will check with the shipping co. again. A third email asking if I received the package? That their shipping company checked the address they shipped is correct, but still waiting for the DHL agent checking if the tracking number is correct or not. I replied that I did not recieive my package and that it should have come to Florida.

12/17 - I receive another email from Shuang stating our shipping company informed us you need to make a complaint with your local DHL and get a case number. Then we can apply research with our DHL. Maybe the DHL made a mistake when they transfer the goods. Please get the case number and send to me. I replied that I was very disappointed and that if there was an issue with shipping that it should be resolved by Pure Time. I did contact DHL and start a track and trace. I emailed Pure Time back to let them know I had been in touch with DHL.

12/18 - I receive an email from Shuang: ok, if you have any news, you can email back to me. I contact DHL and they are still working the case.

12/19 - I contact DHL and they are still investigating.

12/20 - I receive an email letter from DHL stating that on 12/11 someone with my waybill number, my name, my address and my phone number requested the address to be changed to a physical address in New York. After receiving the request the shipment was transferred to New York and delivered as requested. As the package has already been delivered to the requested address the next course of action for you would be to contact the shipper/seller for further assistance and that he would be closing the file with no further callbacks.

12/20 - I sent an email outlining what I had found out . That someone called DHL on 12/11 with the waybill number, my name, my phone number and my address. This person changed the delivery address to where ever the package was delivered to in New York. This phone call was made before DHL ever even picked up the package on the 12th. Someone that had access to the waybill number, my name, my phone number and my address made that phone call and changed the shipping address. This tells me that this happened on the front end of the shipment. Someone from the shipper or someone else that had access to my information redirected your package. I asked how shall we resolve this? That I ordered a product that I did not receive, because someone changed the shipping address before the package was ever even picked up by the carrier. Also, that I would still like to receive the product that I ordered. It was a Christmas gift and was very important to me. I asked how should we proceed?

12/21 - I receive an email from Shuang that says: will ask the shipping company and see what we can do for you.
I received a second email from Shuang that stated: I checked we didn’t change the shipping address. If not us, only the recipient can change the address. If not you, you can make a complaint to your local DHL and get a case number, then we can check with our local DHL for you. If not, the DHL will not help us to check the package. Hope you can understand it.

12/21 - I replied that the DHL has already close the case. The only person that can make the shipping claim is the shipper. The change was made by someone on your end. Are you refusing to acknowledge that simple fact? The time piece was obviously intercepted it before I ever left your facility and is now gone. The reason that I wwas doing business with you was because of your reputation. So are you walking away from this purchase and doing nothing to correct it?

12/21 - Shuang replies: why are your local DHL close this case? Do you have a case number? It is not easy to change address. Need to provide written documents or fax if the shipper change the address. I just want to help you solve this problem. Can you get the case number again?

12/21 - I sent a screenshot of the letter from DHL. Shuang replies: ok, we will check with our shipping company again.

That is the last communication that I have received from anyone at Pure Time.

I am not very encouraged at this time that this transaction will have a favorable outcome. I am trying to remain optimistic, but it is hard. Obviously, I am out of a lot of money, time spent on this foolishness and my Christmas gift for my beautiful girlfriend. This transaction started with nervousness, then a lot of happiness when I saw the beautiful time piece and now has dissolved into a mess of frustration.

I will keep everyone posted as this proceeds. I am so sorry for the long post, but I felt the details were important.

Merry Christmas,

Florida Watch Guy

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
puretime
That’s unfortunate, I have never heard of such a scenario before. I have purchased multiple time pieces and parts from Puretime and have never had an issue, I am sure if it can be resolved those guys will work on it.
It does suck as a first experience!!!!!

FloridaWatchGuy

Horology Curious
23/12/18
Florida
Thank you Taz. That kind of reputation is exactly why I chose PT over everyone else. It would be impossible to put into words how frustrating this has been. All my girlfriend has asked for repeatedly this Christmas was the pink “Folex” as she calls it. She’s so cute. I really thought I had it under control. The conversation with her last night that it wasn’t going to happen was the worst.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. please PM me your oder number and email address. I will look into this

Reactions: trailboss99

FloridaWatchGuy

Horology Curious
23/12/18
Florida
PM has been sent.

Additions to the timeline -

12/24 - From PT: A quick message to let you know that we’re still waiting on a response from you. If everything is now resolved, just let us know.

12/24 - My reply: What response could you possibly be waiting for from me? I sent you a picture of DHL’s letter Friday and you replied: ok, we will check with our shipping company again.

I have not heard anything from you since Friday. Everything is most definitely not resolved.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
PM has been sent.

Additions to the timeline -

12/24 - From PT: A quick message to let you know that we’re still waiting on a response from you. If everything is now resolved, just let us know.

12/24 - My reply: What response could you possibly be waiting for from me? I sent you a picture of DHL’s letter Friday and you replied: ok, we will check with our shipping company again.

I have not heard anything from you since Friday. Everything is most definitely not resolved.

I will investigate and let you know .Sorry for the inconvenience

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I have had several calls with our shipper and here is the investigation result, someone requested the shipper to change the address of a package with a similar tracking number, and the shipper carelessly picked up your shipping slip and faxed to DHL to change the address, that was why your address was changed.

We are terribly sorry about this and we have never had this incidence happened before and it is one of the millions. We will reship your order ASAP and sorry again for all the inconveniences caused and thank you for your understanding and patience.

FloridaWatchGuy

Horology Curious
23/12/18
Florida
This was such a nice message to wake up and see on Christmas morning. I’m so thankful there was a paper trail. Thank you so much for working on this.

I am really looking forward to getting this resolved and behind us. We have much more business ahead of us.

Reactions: rj999 and Taz71

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
This was such a nice message to wake up and see on Christmas morning. I’m so thankful there was a paper trail. Thank you so much for working on this.

I am really looking forward to getting this resolved and behind us. We have much more business ahead of us.

You are welcome and i am sorry for what happened. We will work on resending your oder asap.

Reactions: sjpadams

Last-Samurai

Known Member
20/10/17
Great work puretime sorting this out! Glad you were able to get sorted just in time for Xmas - make sure you send pics!

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Wow. A thread where the complainant isn’t lying and the shipper admitted fault. Anyone have a lottery ticket I could buy??

All kidding aside, I hope the OP’s diligence and patience (and girlfriend) will soon be rewarded.

Angus shows once again that he is a class act. Bravo to both parties for their gentlemanly conduct.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you guys. That's what we are supposed to do .Bad luck sometimes happens and we can work it out together :)

Reactions: bdick21

FloridaWatchGuy

Horology Curious
23/12/18
Florida
Thank you folks for the kind comments. I want to thank Angus again for working so hard to sort this order out. It will not be forgotten anytime soon.

We are getting close now.

Update to the time line:

12/28 Received new QC pictures. I asked for some additional pictures from different angles of the face of the timepiece.

12/29 Received the additional pictures as requested. After seeing the face under the different angles of light it was easy to approve the QC pictures with confidence.

1/1 Received notification that my order was going out and that I should receive the tracking information in 2 to 3 days.

Im so excited. Wish me luck.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you folks for the kind comments. I want to thank Angus again for working so hard to sort this order out. It will not be forgotten anytime soon.

We are getting close now.

Update to the time line:

12/28 Received new QC pictures. I asked for some additional pictures from different angles of the face of the timepiece.

12/29 Received the additional pictures as requested. After seeing the face under the different angles of light it was easy to approve the QC pictures with confidence.

1/1 Received notification that my order was going out and that I should receive the tracking information in 2 to 3 days.

Im so excited. Wish me luck.

You are welcome, my friend. Hope you will get it soon this time and everything moves smoothly. Finger crossed

FloridaWatchGuy

Horology Curious
23/12/18
Florida
Hello folks,

Want to give a final update to the thread.

I did receive the watch. Goofy delivery driver delivered it to the neighbor. Thankfully I had the tracking alerts being sent live to my phone and went and picked it up off his porch 10 minutes after it was delivered.

The watch was packaged very well and looks awesome. The girlfriend has been has been very pleased. She has been receiving a lot of compliments. All is good.

Thank you to Angus and the staff at PT and thank you to the folks that left the encouraging posts.

ethersphynx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/18
Nothing like a fairy tale ending to a real life story. Inspirational conduct by OP and PT. Cheers to you guys and wish you many happy experiences in the future!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hello folks,

Want to give a final update to the thread.

I did receive the watch. Goofy delivery driver delivered it to the neighbor. Thankfully I had the tracking alerts being sent live to my phone and went and picked it up off his porch 10 minutes after it was delivered.

The watch was packaged very well and looks awesome. The girlfriend has been has been very pleased. She has been receiving a lot of compliments. All is good.

Thank you to Angus and the staff at PT and thank you to the folks that left the encouraging posts.

i am so glad to hear the watch is finally recieved . Enjoy it and we look forward to doing more business with you in the future