• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Offered watch with obvious imperfection - Normal TD practice?

updiliman

Horology Curious
29/3/06
Please delete, posted to another forum, i only realized there is no delete option after I reposted it

Last edited:

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Just reject the watch and ask for another. They will tell you they sell hundreds of watches and not able to detail QC every single one. There are some dealers who will even try to push to you rejected watches from the previous buyer.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Honestly I doubt you'll notice that in person, but I understand and sometimes even the smallest flaw and annoy me. If something is going to bother you just rejected the request another one.

Reactions: Ghostrider757

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I have another TD who send me a QC with a case back screw missing (there was only 4 on the watch).

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
Come on now.. a massive glue blob is hardly bullshit. We know these are reps, but we are still spending £300+ on them, that’s not a inconsiderate amount of money and TD’s shouldnt be allowing factories to get away with sending out substandard products like that. If the Td’s refused such items before the customer QC process the factories would have to up thier game which can only benefit the hobby.

If if you wanna buy a watch with the number 6 is where the 12 should be or a massive blob in the dial, go ahead, but if I’m spending that sort of money, I want to at least look like a quality item from a cursory glance.
Ive accepted several watches with minor flaws, but they aren’t blatantly obvious on the wrist.
Something like that you can’t unsee, and every time you wear the watch you’ll be staring at it and for me that would ruin the whole experience.

Reactions: mari115

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Come on now.. a massive glue blob is hardly bullshit. We know these are reps, but we are still spending £300+ on them, that’s not a inconsiderate amount of money and TD’s shouldnt be allowing factories to get away with sending out substandard products like that. If the Td’s refused such items before the customer QC process the factories would have to up thier game which can only benefit the hobby.

If if you wanna buy a watch with the number 6 is where the 12 should be or a massive blob in the dial, go ahead, but if I’m spending that sort of money, I want to at least look like a quality item from a cursory glance.
Ive accepted several watches with minor flaws, but they aren’t blatantly obvious on the wrist.
Something like that you can’t unsee, and every time you wear the watch you’ll be staring at it and for me that would ruin the whole experience.

You must have not seen the pictures. I couldn’t see shit. I think he was talking about a tiny microscopic piece of glue under the marker that was barely visible at 100x magnification. Complete bullshit.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I dont know what's going on here, but I am here to provide any assistance if needed. Sorry if we didnt do a good job and we are willing to work it out with you together.

updiliman

Horology Curious
29/3/06
Thanks PT, i received email that my watch will be replaced. Sorry about the double post, i wish this post could be deleted.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks PT, i received email that my watch will be replaced. Sorry about the double post, i wish this post could be deleted.

No worries, my friend. please do let me know if you need any help from me

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
You must have not seen the pictures. I couldn’t see shit. I think he was talking about a tiny microscopic piece of glue under the marker that was barely visible at 100x magnification. Complete bullshit.

+1,.....invisible on the wrist, only with binoculairs