• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order : JLC MASTER ULTRA THIN MOON

hawkmusician

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/16
UPDATE 02/01/2019 : received QC pics, check last page ;)

So I've been lurking on and off for the last 2 years on this forum and the net. I'm very shy when it comes to posting (I don't like talking when I don't know everything about a subject)
I have a few gen watches at home and have never really been sure about going with reps because of the moral aspect...
It all changed around a month ago (I completely forgot my worries) when I saw the JLC ultra thin and tried it on, I fell in love with it. Sadly, I cannot give enough reasons to buy the real thing for the moment and I will be saving up for it.

That's why I took the plunge and went with PureTime to order my first rep. I'll be detailing every aspect of the order here and might make a detailed thread with my opinion on the watch rep when I receive it.

30th of October 2018

I submitted the order on PureTime using BitCoin and the 5% discount that they offer. This was my first encounter with the cryptocurrency.

31st of October 2018

I received an email from the billing department with 2 image attachments details on how to pay them.
6 hours later, I had sent the payment to their wallet.

1st of November 2018

I receive an email from the billing department confirming they received the payment and that they'll get back to me as soon as possible about QC pics (they say it will be a delay of 2-3 days).

5th of November 2018

I contacted them via their website to ask what was happening since I had not heard anything from them yet (not really worried since it had been the weekend and they were largely in their 3 day delay).

6th of November 2018

Jennifer gets back to me. Sadly, the watch is out of stock and will be back within 1 to 2 weeks.
I should have checked with them before but this is the risk of buying reps! Anyway, waiting a bit longer won't hurt me in the least.

As you can see, PureTime has been very professional, prompt in their reply and speedy with the order. Bad luck with the out of stock, but this happens.

Will keep you informed!

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your oder ,friend. and sorry that the watch is not available. we appreciate your understanding and will arrange your oder
as soon as possible once new batch is ready

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
I appreciate you post! I am like you, lurked forever. I want to place an order, but have no idea how to use the crypto currency, and don't have much message history on here to use pp. Look forward to your updates!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I appreciate you post! I am like you, lurked forever. I want to place an order, but have no idea how to use the crypto currency, and don't have much message history on here to use pp. Look forward to your updates!

Learn to use crypto my friend, you will eventually know how to use it, just a matter of time, why not now?

Reactions: ssouthall6

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18
I am in the process of trying to figure crypto out as we speak. Sadly, I am devoting way to much time to the YouTube tutorials :)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am in the process of trying to figure crypto out as we speak. Sadly, I am devoting way to much time to the YouTube tutorials :)

You dont have to figure it out in one day, just one bit a day and I believe you can at least start buying after a week :)

Reactions: harleyquinn

greekstructure

26/10/18
So I've been lurking on and off for the last 2 years on this forum and the net. I'm very shy when it comes to posting (I don't like talking when I don't know everything about a subject)
I have a few gen watches at home and have never really been sure about going with reps because of the moral aspect...
It all changed around a month ago (I completely forgot my worries) when I saw the JLC ultra thin and tried it on, I fell in love with it. Sadly, I cannot give enough reasons to buy the real thing for the moment and I will be saving up for it.

That's why I took the plunge and went with PureTime to order my first rep. I'll be detailing every aspect of the order here and might make a detailed thread with my opinion on the watch rep when I receive it.

30th of October 2018

I submitted the order on PureTime using BitCoin and the 5% discount that they offer. This was my first encounter with the cryptocurrency.

31st of October 2018

I received an email from the billing department with 2 image attachments details on how to pay them.
6 hours later, I had sent the payment to their wallet.

1st of November 2018

I receive an email from the billing department confirming they received the payment and that they'll get back to me as soon as possible about QC pics (they say it will be a delay of 2-3 days).

5th of November 2018

I contacted them via their website to ask what was happening since I had not heard anything from them yet (not really worried since it had been the weekend and they were largely in their 3 day delay).

6th of November 2018

Jennifer gets back to me. Sadly, the watch is out of stock and will be back within 1 to 2 weeks.
I should have checked with them before but this is the risk of buying reps! Anyway, waiting a bit longer won't hurt me in the least.

As you can see, PureTime has been very professional, prompt in their reply and speedy with the order. Bad luck with the out of stock, but this happens.

Will keep you informed!

I know how you feel. I placed an order on the same day, 10/30, and received QCs on 11/3, but it turned out that the watch on the QCs was not what I ordered and Elena said the watch I've ordered is out of stock. So, I am still waiting for new QCs.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I know how you feel. I placed an order on the same day, 10/30, and received QCs on 11/3, but it turned out that the watch on the QCs was not what I ordered and Elena said the watch I've ordered is out of stock. So, I am still waiting for new QCs.

Sorry about what happened my friend :(

hawkmusician

22/9/16

Yes I can understand it can be daunting. There is a video on PureTime's website that explains it pretty well : https://puretime.io/news/wumgsuspend/

I went with BitPanda because I wanted to buy the bitcoins through my credit card. It seemed to be one of the cheapest ways since Coinbase and others seem to charge a lot when depositing through credit cards.

Otherwise, Coinbase if used with a normal bank deposit seems to be just fine. The 5% coupon also covers the costs if any when buying the bitcoins. If you need any more info, don't hesitate asking me.

PS: If you want to save a bit more on the conversion, look into the Pro version of Coinbase once you have created your account with them. This will ensure you don't have enormous fees when buying your bitcoins.

Reactions: harleyquinn

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Yes I can understand it can be daunting. There is a video on PureTime's website that explains it pretty well : https://puretime.io/news/wumgsuspend/

I went with BitPanda because I wanted to buy the bitcoins through my credit card. It seemed to be one of the cheapest ways since Coinbase and others seem to charge a lot when depositing through credit cards.

Otherwise, Coinbase if used with a normal bank deposit seems to be just fine. The 5% coupon also covers the costs if any when buying the bitcoins. If you need any more info, don't hesitate asking me.

PS: If you want to save a bit more on the conversion, look into the Pro version of Coinbase once you have created your account with them. This will ensure you don't have enormous fees when buying your bitcoins.

Great info, thank you so much for sharing :)

harleyquinn

Horology Curious
18/7/18

Thank You! That is helpful. I am going to try it that way :)

hawkmusician

22/9/16
Hello all! A little update on how my order is going :)

15th of November 2018

I have just received the QC pics and I am very happy with them, this has been less than 2 weeks so big thumbs up to PureTime with giving me a good estimated time for the watch to be back in stock. There is just one little point on the watch pictures that I am not sure about. I don't want to be a bore and over pushy, I know this is a rep and that I'm lucky to get QC pics at all to check everything is right...

Is it okay with you PureTime if I post the pic here? It's a little thing and most of you might just tell me I'm picking but I do prefer checking out :)

Thanks!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hello all! A little update on how my order is going :)

15th of November 2018

I have just received the QC pics and I am very happy with them, this has been less than 2 weeks so big thumbs up to PureTime with giving me a good estimated time for the watch to be back in stock. There is just one little point on the watch pictures that I am not sure about. I don't want to be a bore and over pushy, I know this is a rep and that I'm lucky to get QC pics at all to check everything is right...

Is it okay with you PureTime if I post the pic here? It's a little thing and most of you might just tell me I'm picking but I do prefer checking out :)

Thanks!

Of course my friend :) You can do whatever you want with your QC pics :)

hawkmusician

22/9/16
Thanks PureTIme.

It's just this little spot here on the pic that I have circled. What do you guys think? Thank you.

https://i.postimg.cc/kXvtfx9Y/qc.jpg

qc.jpg

lwQwRKr.jpg

Last edited:

hawkmusician

22/9/16
So just a small update for everyone!

I ended up refusing that watch since that little spot on the moonphase, and I do know it was very small, would have made me regret the buy if I had accepted it. Yes it was perfect otherwise, and maybe I was too picky at the time, but once one has seen an imperfection... One gets obsessed by it.

Having refused it, I asked for another watch. I was told to wait for about 2 weeks and got the QC pics in less than 5 days I think, nice surprise. Again, and sadly, same spot in the same place and timegrapher results this time that showed it was an unusable watch. That was the 20th of November. I refused it.

I am now waiting for another watch, hopefully the last one. PureTime has replied promptly every time I have asked them what was happening and how much time it would take.

The delays haven't been kept lately (I was told to wait 2 weeks, then another 2 which are coming to an end tomorrow). I must say I'm a little sad I won't be getting it for christmas, but this is a waiting game.

I'll keep you all informed on what happens ;)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So just a small update for everyone!

I ended up refusing that watch since that little spot on the moonphase, and I do know it was very small, would have made me regret the buy if I had accepted it. Yes it was perfect otherwise, and maybe I was too picky at the time, but once one has seen an imperfection... One gets obsessed by it.

Having refused it, I asked for another watch. I was told to wait for about 2 weeks and got the QC pics in less than 5 days I think, nice surprise. Again, and sadly, same spot in the same place and timegrapher results this time that showed it was an unusable watch. That was the 20th of November. I refused it.

I am now waiting for another watch, hopefully the last one. PureTime has replied promptly every time I have asked them what was happening and how much time it would take.

The delays haven't been kept lately (I was told to wait 2 weeks, then another 2 which are coming to an end tomorrow). I must say I'm a little sad I won't be getting it for christmas, but this is a waiting game.

I'll keep you all informed on what happens ;)

Thanks for sharing and no worries. we will try to find another. Hope the next one coming will be accepted by you :)