• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$52 surcharge??

DayDateDream

Looking Around
1/10/18
Just ordered an ARF 116610 A2824 from Puretime. "Grand total" according to checkout and confirmation email was $504 USD. Yet there is a pending charge of $556.25 on my USD credit card. Why? Can anyone explain the 10+% surcharge? The $504 USD already includes $30 USD for tracked global shipping.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Bank charges from using a gateway that accepts illegal items, currency conversion rates/charges . . .

Reactions: DayDateDream

DayDateDream

Looking Around
1/10/18
There is no currency conversion as I understand it, as the charge is in USD, and the method of payment is in USD.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
There is no currency conversion as I understand it, as the charge is in USD, and the method of payment is in USD.

You do realise that most CC transaction companies won't deal with this sort of transaction, as these are illegal items ?

You haven't just bought something off Amazon or eBay, it's a counterfeit watch, illegal to sell, and sometimes illegal to purchase.

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
I have never had a purchase without various optional charges and have no idea who actually gets the extra cash but I'm afraid that this is part of the illicit goods from china experience where there are multiple links in the financial chain.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Normal. I've experienced this many times using credit card from various dealers. Range usually $35-$50 on top of purchase price.

Reactions: DayDateDream

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
How many more of these posts are there gonna be this week? When you use a credit card, you often get charged a fee, especially when it’s concerning items of a less than pure nature. The credit card processing company is taking a risk, they want a slice of the pie for taking that risk.
Use bitcoin or bank transfer if you don’t want the fees.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry about this my friend, the extra money is collected by either the credit card processor or the intermediate banks. Please try to use Bitcoin for your future purchase and you can even get a discount by using BTC, again I am very sorry about this and please PM or email us for any further assistance.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
How much % discount by bitcoin?
I am sorry about this my friend, the extra money is collected by either the credit card processor or the intermediate banks. Please try to use Bitcoin for your future purchase and you can even get a discount by using BTC, again I am very sorry about this and please PM or email us for any further assistance.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
5% discount :)
I didnt know until yesterday that some TD's apparently offer a replacement watch if the watch they ship is seized by customs, this all new to me and I just found out just new , so will Puretime also offer this type of service in case of a customs seizure?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I didnt know until yesterday that some TD's apparently offer a replacement watch if the watch they ship is seized by customs, this all new to me and I just found out just new , so will Puretime also offer this type of service in case of a customs seizure?

Of course my friend, when the customs seized a watch, they will issue a document to you telling you your package was seized, just send us the doc and we will send you a replacement :)

Dollhorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/18
Most of the time, the prices are stated in Dollars and so does the invoice. But in the end the TDs charge you in CNY. And then you will have a bad currency exchange rate. And then of course you will have your credit card fees on top.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Most of the time, the prices are stated in Dollars and so does the invoice. But in the end the TDs charge you in CNY. And then you will have a bad currency exchange rate. And then of course you will have your credit card fees on top.

Yeah, for replica business it is like that, I dont like that but I just cant help, so I recommend to use bitcoin as payment type.

Reactions: Dollhorn