• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FIRST but not perfect experience with PureTime - AP Sincere Tantalum

liuyaonan

Horology Curious
26/2/16
Hi folks,

I'd like to tell you a little more details about my recently experience dealing with PureTime. I hope it can make you more understand how they work and also help them improve their service. I choose PureTime because of their reputation here and one of my friends in China (also a dealer) told me they had very rich experience doing the overseas export trade. But what just happened to me wasn't that good as they said.

About half year ago, Angus (AKA puretime ) started a project that to modify JF Royal Oak Offshore Sincere Tantalum with cyclops and dial wheel. It turned out to be an excellent result. It was a limited release, the waitlist was long. At the end of June, I saw their website, the watch was still there (https://puretime.io/featured-produc...best-edition-on-gray-leather-strap-a7750.html) so I e-mailed them to inquire the availability, they replied me shortly it was still in stock and told me place the order asap because it is real rare.

As every smooth transaction, I placed the order, made the payment, and waited for the QC pictures. Two days later, I got it.

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

I don't want to waste time to describe what the flaws are. The misalignment mark might be kinds of perfectionism, but the dirt on mark 5 is totally unacceptable. So, I replied them within 24 hours (as their rules stated), rejected the QC pictures. From that moment on, the thing goes to another direction. They didn't replied my rejection e-mail. I was thinking they were doing some adjustment or cleaning on the watch, (obviously, these issues were not that big, they can handle it easily.) or they were selecting another one for me.

Again two days past, I didn't got any QC e-mail. Instead, I got an e-mail saying the watch was SHIPPED OUT with their automatic generated system. So that means they IGNORED my rejection e-mail! Immediately, I contacted them through their 'Live Chat' (Yes, it works). Jenifer replied me that they tried to recall the package. But next morning, I received an e-mail saying the package was shipped and can't get back to them. So that means, I have to ACCEPT it or return to them to request a replacement.

For my story, I'm thinking these issues wasn't that big and could be avoid easily. But as a customer, I want to get your respect. The best result for me is to get a replacement, but I assume that will spend me 21 or more days (considering 3 ways) with extra shipping cost, plus the customs risks.

I started a thread here not only to ask what they can do for me, but also ask your guys to give them suggestions and discuss what process went wrong and how we can avoid it. Thanks for listening to my long story.

Reactions: gigi77

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
For what it’s worth, Angus made it clear from the beginning that buyers cannot request a replacement watch if they are not happy with initial QC.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Does not sound too good,...maybe Angus organization gets too big and he looses kind of control

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Not defending anyone's actions here but wasn't this a limited run of 100 or so?? So if so unfortunately there was the stock to do what was needed here. I have one of these as well. I'm pretty sure Angus would if done what's needed if there was mass production. Just my 2cents.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: watchben

machim

19/7/17
Well, so far I think it is the unfortune incident without intention. So incident like this would require the patient on both party to mert in midle and resolve it

understand that is not a sasitify here at customer point of view, I would expect PT to cover shipping fee and may be give you discount on your next purchase.

however losing time for this process is unavoidable.

there is another option but Don’t take my word on this, is purchase another one with PT discount. And return faulty watch when it arrives, once they receive it, they will refund your money.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry to hear that your purchase didn't go as it should have.

We never ignore the QC rejection email, we have no reason to do that. We just return it to the factory and they get us another one. The only possible reason is the email didn't reach us. I will have my people to check if we have received your email.

Please PM me a screen capture of your rejection email.

liuyaonan

Horology Curious
26/2/16
Well, so far I think it is the unfortune incident without intention. So incident like this would require the patient on both party to mert in midle and resolve it

understand that is not a sasitify here at customer point of view, I would expect PT to cover shipping fee and may be give you discount on your next purchase.

however losing time for this process is unavoidable.

there is another option but Don’t take my word on this, is purchase another one with PT discount. And return faulty watch when it arrives, once they receive it, they will refund your money.

Yes, that's definitely the standards of customer service in some countries. But they haven't contact me for this...

liuyaonan

Horology Curious
26/2/16
Sorry to hear that your purchase didn't go as it should have.

We never ignore the QC rejection email, we have no reason to do that. We just return it to the factory and they get us another one. The only possible reason is the email didn't reach us. I will have my people to check if we have received your email.

Please PM me a screen capture of your rejection email.

Already PM'd you the rejection e-mail, still waiting for you reply :)